Author Topic: The BAST principles!!  (Read 962 times)

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
The BAST principles!!
« on: January 04, 2007, 07:30:50 PM »
For you people pm-ing me and asking:

For most sets I do a drop set after.   for instance 12-15 reps to failure, then immediately take half the weight you just used and go to failure again.   I do mostly high reps to avoid tendinitis.   I will usually do just 1-2 sets thats' below 10 reps to failure.   Then I use light-moderate weight and do reps with very slow negatives, like 3-7 seconds at the end.

Sometimes I do 2 drop sets after the initial heavier set.  that can sting a bit.

Leg extensions have improved my quads WAY more than leg press or squat.  I do mostly leg extensions and leg curls now, and my legs are improving faster than before.   I tore ligaments squatting a few years ago.

Chest I am focusing on pec deck and flys.  Bench Press I only use a Machine, and use moderate weight.  Again to avoid joint injury.  People think that the exercises you use less weight on (ex: flys for chest) are the least effective.  I believe they are the most effective.  They are best at putting all the weight on the muscle worked, to damage the muscle and to avoid injury.

Dieting:  I eat high carbs, low- moderate fat, and just get 100g protein a day.  (I will eat anything as long as I know the calories the food has, which I know most everything, even fast food items.) I get under 2000 calories.   I play soccer 2 times a week, 1-2.5 hours, and bike in the gym for 15-45 minutes the other days.

I use ephedra and caffeine later in the diet when my energy drops.    I believe losing muscle is difficult when you are training.   I am not paranoid of that and don't think I ever lost significant muscle while training and dieting.

SuperMike3288

• Getbig III
  • Up, up, and away!
Re: The BAST principles!!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 10:03:22 PM »
Did you build your muscle by doing high reps... or did you start doing high reps after you had already achieved your bulk?
Intensity; the measure of man

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Re: The BAST principles!!
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 10:25:58 AM »
bast, how often/much do you drink and does it affect your progress?