Author Topic: Are you unhappy? Does life seem pointless? How can YOU be HAPPY?  (Read 5745 times)

Robert the Bruce

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
I know that a bodybuilding forum isn't the place for such a discussion, but today struck me as one of those days where something had to be said about this. Its because today I was walking to work and I noticed so many unhappy people around me, walking around with their heads down looking miserable and depressed and it really shocked me how many unhappy people there are out there these days. Now, whenever I walk around, it saddens me as I see so many unhappy people looking glum and miserable, who see life as a terrible trial that we have to overcome. So, I've decided to pronounce the answer to these problems. The truth is that too many people are unhappy today because they are not asking God, and our Lord Jeus, to come into their lives and guide them along the way. Belief in Jesus is most important. If you believe, you will be saved...

Let me tell you one thing right now, life is not pointless, we are not here to just live for so many years, maybe have a couple of kids and then die, and that being all our existence ever was. No, life is for enjoying, living and thriving. And Jesus himself wants to come into your life and show you the path to happiness...

Now, I know that many people claim that Jesus never existed, but the truth is that he did exist. It is interesting that when people seek historic and scientific proof of Jesus, they immediately discount the Bible as a reliable source.

If we look at the Bible simply as a historic document, it should be among the most reliable on record compared with others.

Historians routinely cite Herodotus as a key source of information. He wrote from 488 B.C. to 428 B.C. and the earliest copy of his work comes from 900 A.D. (1,300 years later). There are only eight known copies of his work.

By contrast, the New Testament of the Bible (with all its information about Jesus) was written between 40 A.D. and 100 A.D. The earliest known copy is from 130 A.D. and there are 5,000 known copies in Greek, 10,000 in Latin and 9,300 in other languages.

Still, to put to rest the notion that there is no historic and scientific proof of Jesus outside the Bible, we may look to Jewish historian Flavius Josephus and to Roman historian Carius Cornelius Tacitus - both well known and accepted.

Josephus, in the book Jewish Antiquities" wrote:

"At that time lived Jesus, a wise man, if he may be called a man; for he performed many wonderful works. He was a teacher of such men as received the truth with pleasure. . . .And when Pilate, at the instigation of the chief men among us, had condemned him to the cross, they who before had conceived an affection for him did not cease to adhere to him. For on the third day he appeared to them alive again, the divine prophets having foretold these and many other wonderful things concerning him. And the sect of the Christians, so called from him, subsists at this time" (Antiquities, Book 18, Chapter 3, Section 1).

Tacitus, in writing about accusations that Nero burned the city of Rome and blamed it on Christians, said the following:

". . .Nero procured others to be accused, and inflicted exquisite punishment upon those people, who were in abhorrence for their crimes, and were commonly known by the name of Christians. They had their denomination from Christus (Christ, dm.), who in the reign of Tibertius was put to death as a criminal by the procurator Pontius Pilate. . . .At first they were only apprehended who confessed themselves of that sect; afterwards a vast multitude discovered by them, all of which were condemned, not so much for the crime of burning the city, as for their enmity to mankind. . . ." (Tacitus, Annals, 15, 44).

Therefore, you can't dispute that Jesus was a historical person and did exist, just as Napoleon, Roosevelt and George Bush.

Think about it, I bet you have a dusty Bible on your shelf? Well, opening that and finding out about Jesus and the meaning of life is the key to happiness and success in life.

Ever noticed how people who seem to have it all (money, power, fame etc) never seem happy and so often turn to drugs and drink to deal with life's problems, but those who may be poor, but know the love of God and feel that they have a purpose in life, are happy?

Well, its no accident....believe in God and you will be happy...

Dog Chapman

• Getbig II
  • check out the Y, it's all good my brothers.
Re: Are you unhappy? Does life seem pointless?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 06:34:08 PM »
The truth is, most people are unhappy today because they are not asking God to come into their lives and guide them along the way. Belief in Jesus is most important. If you believe, you will be saved...
amen my brother amen.

The Dog
Bluto is a whiny beotch!

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 06:35:18 PM »
The truth is, so many people are unhappy today because they are not asking God to come into their lives and guide them along the way. Belief in Jesus is most important. If you believe, you will be saved...

Think about it, I bet you have a dusty Bible on your shelf? Well, that is the key to happiness and success in life.

Ever noticed how people who seem to have it all (money, power, fame etc) never seem happy, but those who know the love of God and feel that they have a purpose in life, are happy?

Bluto has been happy.................

ever since he asked Derek to cum into his life............... ;D
HAHA, RON.....

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 06:36:13 PM »
Only the weak need god...........I only need a lot of $$$$...
K

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 06:39:17 PM »
That's not true.  Please provide me with any scientific evidence to prove this.

That's like asking a pro bber to explain to you why stripping, flexing, grunting while in a high school gym full men is a sport................. ;D
HAHA, RON.....

Dog Chapman

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 06:41:19 PM »
Only the weak need god...........I only need a lot of $$$$...
until death flashes in front of your eyes. then you will scream for him like a little girl.

god bless my friend.
Bluto is a whiny beotch!

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 06:44:51 PM »
LOL!!!

I shouldn't even bother.  Clearly highly religious people don't use logic or science anyway.  If they did they wouldn't be religious to begin with.

I did get my mother to admit there was no physical proof whatsoever of any higher power.  She told me it was all based on faith - in short, faith based either in fear (going to hell), or just fear of death and the unknown in general.  Not to mention a lot of brainwashing.

Most people - for simplicity sake let's call them "sane people" - expect physical evidence before believing in claims.

You nailed it.

I love how people expect you to take things on blind faith. Shit, let's pretend there is a "higher being". How do you EVEN begin to know your religion/beliefs are the tru way to it/him/her? let's not even get into that.............
HAHA, RON.....

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Re: Are you unhappy? Does life seem pointless? How can YOU be happy?
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 06:45:40 PM »
UFO's, The Loch Ness Monster, God, Bigfoot... all great ideas. Excellent money-makers.
a

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2007, 06:53:34 PM »
Exactly.  That's all it's about.  Christianity is one of the few moneymakers even better than EBAY.  If Christianity was about being good in any manner a person would be judged on their worth and not simply worshipping an invisible being.  For example, Jeffrey Dahmer is in heaven since he became a born again Christian before getting killed, where Ghandhi is in hell.  Not to mention 70% of humanity - god's loving children.

What better way to discipline a person for a victimless crime than an eternity of pain and suffering?  Just like a good father when his son says a bad word or disobeys the rules - boil him alive!  That'll teach him.

In reality the reason why Christianity doesn't care about a person's works and only their belief in god is because the only way to ensure $$$$ is through membership to the church - as long as they are there and giving to the church collection plate it doesn't matter to the church what those people do on Monday to Saturday!  All the church knows is they have their money.

You should see the churches built around here. Fucking huge, state of the art shit.

Crazy the kind of money they generate with their bs.

HAHA, RON.....

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2007, 06:54:38 PM »
How ' historically accurate ' are the stories in the bible of unicorns , angels , dragons and oh lets not forget the cockatrice care to elaborate on this?

Robert the Bruce

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2007, 06:54:52 PM »

Robert the Bruce

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2007, 06:59:01 PM »
How ' historically accurate ' are the stories in the bible of unicorns , angels , dragons and oh lets not forget the cockatrice care to elaborate on this?

but the stories of Jesus are different as proof of his existence is proven by roman and jewish historians from his time. You can't doubt that he existed, but obviously unicorns and etc are a myth

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2007, 06:59:29 PM »

I like the one about the "great flood" myself................ ;)
HAHA, RON.....

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Check out www.muscleshoppe.com for the best prices
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2007, 07:00:05 PM »
I know one thing....when I had god in my life, life was so full of life. Now Im without Him, there is such a viod and emptiness...

Robert the Bruce

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2007, 07:00:57 PM »
I know one thing....when I had god in my life, life was so full of life. Now Im without Him, there is such a viod and emptiness...

well there u go

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2007, 07:04:17 PM »
Ever noticed how people who seem to have it all (money, power, fame etc) never seem happy and so often turn to drugs and drink to deal with life's problems, but those who may be poor, but know the love of God and feel that they have a purpose in life, are happy?

Bullshit.  The poor turn to god cause they are to lazy to deal with their problems head-on.  They use god as a crutch and expect a miracle to happen to get them out of their troubles.  They are not happy, they are too stupid to realize they need to do things themselves.  I am sure some will get mad at me for this but in reality god ain't going to do shit to help you.  It is YOU that makes things happen NOT god.

Dog Chapman

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2007, 07:06:39 PM »
Bullshit.  The poor turn to god cause they are to lazy to deal with their problems head-on.  They use god as a crutch and expect a miracle to happen to get them out of their troubles.  They are not happy, they are too stupid to realize they need to do things themselves.  I am sure some will get mad at me for this but in reality god ain't going to do shit to help you.  It is YOU that makes things happen NOT god.
yes very true.

drug addicts turn to god because that's the only way.
Bluto is a whiny beotch!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Are you unhappy? Does life seem pointless? How can YOU be HAPPY?
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2007, 07:07:10 PM »

Therefore, you can't dispute that Jesus was a historical person and did exist, just as Napoleon, Roosevelt and George Bush.

Think about it, I bet you have a dusty Bible on your shelf? Well, opening that and finding out about Jesus and the meaning of life is the key to happiness and success in life.

I think it's quite likely that there was some historical person who we now refer to as Jesus ---- so what?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2007, 07:10:12 PM »
but the stories of Jesus are different as proof of his existence is proven by roman and jewish historians from his time. You can't doubt that he existed, but obviously unicorns and etc are a myth

The historical Jesus is very , very difficult to proved existed and this is coming from a historical standpoint , there are a few vague mentions of ' him ' but NO contemporary firsthand accounts , and the new testatment was supposedly written 40 years after the death of Christ but thats in dispute , way to many holes in the " Jesus " story , Mary & Joseph were supposedly going to Bethlehem for a Roman census yet whenever the Romans conducted a census only the male had to report to his place of birth and there is NO written history of a census as the supposed time of Jesus birth , and lets not even talk about the ' virgin ' birth lol way to many holes in the story , watch the DVD " The God who wasn't there " it will open your eyes.

Robert the Bruce

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2007, 07:13:47 PM »
The historical Jesus is very , very difficult to proved existed and this is coming from a historical standpoint , there are a few vague mentions of ' him ' but NO contemporary firsthand accounts , and the new testatment was supposedly written 40 years after the death of Christ but thats in dispute , way to many holes in the " Jesus " story , Mary & Joseph were supposedly going to Bethlehem for a Roman census yet whenever the Romans conducted a census only the male had to report to his place of birth and there is NO written history of a census as the supposed time of Jesus birth , and lets not even talk about the ' virgin ' birth lol way to many holes in the story , watch the DVD " The God who wasn't there " it will open your eyes.

if you can look in the mirror, and tell yourself that without worrying slightly that you MIGHT just be wrong, and that you might JUST regret it on your death bed, then I will admit that you have a point, but you can't do that, can you??? Truth is, no one can, and that is case closed...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2007, 07:18:08 PM »
if you can look in the mirror, and tell yourself that without worrying slightly that you MIGHT just be wrong, and that you might JUST regret it on your death bed, then my hat will go off to you, but you can't do that, can you??? Truth is, no one can, and that is case closed...

what if I just think it's a moot question?  i.e who say's the choice is believing in a version of the jesus story at all?

Dog Chapman

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2007, 07:18:44 PM »
i ride and i ride
Bluto is a whiny beotch!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2007, 07:28:26 PM »
if you can look in the mirror, and tell yourself that without worrying slightly that you MIGHT just be wrong, and that you might JUST regret it on your death bed, then I will admit that you have a point, but you can't do that, can you??? Truth is, no one can, and that is case closed...

I might be as wrong as you  ;) you may be worshiping the wrong God and you're in as much danger as the atheist as going to hell no matter how much faith you have , I absolutely DO NOT FEAR DEATH in the context of going to ' hell ' I don't want to die I love life but I don't fear going to ' hell ' and being tormented by the Devils ham guy

Anal Iceman Lubeth

• Getbig III
  • I am no longer on friendly terms with St. blechman
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2007, 07:32:34 PM »
cheer up guys.  if your online and have time to post, it looks like you are are doing ok
Chadwick Mower in 2008

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2007, 07:33:02 PM »
Hey I might be going to "hell" should one exist.  I'm not sure which human created deity is in charge down there, if any.  But one thing I know for sure, is I did nothing wrong other than honestly use the highly functional brain any particular god would have given me.  So who is at fault?

Oh - I forgot.  "God" is only responsible for the good and none of the bad lol.

I don't have the intelligence or eloquence of Richard Dawkins but I agree with him 100% of his critique of the God of the Old Testament , listen to him and honestly ask yourself why would I follow that?