Author Topic: Next Person to the PDI  (Read 34840 times)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: Next Person to the PDI
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2007, 01:54:51 PM »
Chics only thing he says good about the IFBB is how it provides a platform for the BB to make money.  But in reality that money is very low and only 2 or 3 guys really make any kind of serious money from the competitions and there are only 2 competitions that pay a good amount of money.  And another fact is being in the IFBB hampers and prohibits its members from making money from other avenues.  So far it seems being an IFBB member is not the best choice.  And luckily now it's not the only choice.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2007, 02:09:47 PM »
OK WHATS THE IFBB PAY?????  OH THEY DON'T THEY JUST GIVE YOU A CHANCE TO WIN MONEY..OH I SEE...SO THE SAME GUYS NEARLY ALL THE TIME TAKE THE MONEY....SO WHATS THE IFBB GIVE THE OTHER GUYS???? OH A CHANCE TO COMPETE   WOW......

Lee, hit the key to the left of 'a' on your keyboard, it will solve everything......
Thread Killer

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2007, 02:13:02 PM »

Please list all the court ordered judgements for an athlete against the IFBB to be allowed to do either/or while maintaining membership in the IFBB...

I'll be waiting for your list.

No one has taken a case against the IFBB, as far as I am aware, if you read what I was saying you would know that if someone took a case, they would win  ::) If you want a list of cases involving Sports and European law and monopolistic behaviour, have a look the recent case against the English Premier League.

Still waiting for that list....

BTW...The IFBB isn't a monopoly...Lee himself has proved that you don't have to be in the IFBB to make money from BB...he has competed and won prize money, signed contracts, and has mentioned he has more than enough guest appearances.

Got that list togethe, yet...?

Never said it was a monopoly, I said it uses monopolistic practises to maintain its control of the market.  If Lee hadn't have been suspended he would have made at least $4,000 from the Mr. O, would still probably have an MD contract and who knows what else.  Is Lee is making less money now from bodybuilding than he was previously because of IFBB practices and restrictions on him being able to freely use his labour in what ever bodybuilding shows he wants to?  The IFBB restricts what its athletes can do in terms of making money, bottom line. It adds barriers to entry into the market. So please can give me an economic rational why, athletes, promoters and fans are better off with restricted choice in the market.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2007, 02:17:41 PM »
OK WHATS THE IFBB PAY?????  OH THEY DON'T THEY JUST GIVE YOU A CHANCE TO WIN MONEY..OH I SEE...SO THE SAME GUYS NEARLY ALL THE TIME TAKE THE MONEY....SO WHATS THE IFBB GIVE THE OTHER GUYS???? OH A CHANCE TO COMPETE   WOW......

As opposed to YOUR PDI which does what? Same shit...when the PDI, or any other federation starts paying their members reguardless of competing...let me know.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2007, 02:34:10 PM »
As opposed to YOUR PDI which does what? Same shit...when the PDI, or any other federation starts paying their members reguardless of competing...let me know.

Chick - Which federation do you believe Vince G CSN, MFT will choose to dominate in when he turns pro?
Thread Killer

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2007, 02:50:20 PM »
Chick - Which federation do you believe Vince G CSN, MFT will choose to dominate in when he turns pro?

Don't laugh...Vince could have very well been a PDI pro had he entered the qualifier.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2007, 03:10:48 PM »
Don't laugh...Vince could have very well been a PDI pro had he entered the qualifier.

I think he would have Rhino on calves and overall grainyness ;D
Thread Killer

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2007, 03:27:16 PM »

Do you agree he would have placed higher than you

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2007, 03:42:33 PM »
Do you agree he would have placed higher than you

Keith doesn't know who to side with, Vince or Bob haha
Thread Killer

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2007, 03:45:28 PM »

SO WHY NOT LET THE GUYS COMPETE IN BOTH TO MAKE MONEY....
WHO DOES IT HURT TELL ME THAT?--------------NO BODY
JUST SAY PDI HAD SHOW BEFORE ARNOLD OR ANY IFBB SHOW OR AFTER WHY WOULD GUYS DO IT IF THEY COULD MNAKE EXTRA MONEY...THEY ARE IN SHAPE SO WHY NOT.....IF THEY NEW THE IFBB SAID IT WAS OK THERE WOULD BE PLENTY DOING BOTH.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2007, 03:49:25 PM »
JUST SAY PDI HAD SHOW BEFORE ARNOLD OR ANY IFBB SHOW OR AFTER WHY WOULD GUYS DO IT IF THEY COULD MNAKE EXTRA MONEY...THEY ARE IN SHAPE SO WHY NOT.....IF THEY NEW THE IFBB SAID IT WAS OK THERE WOULD BE PLENTY DOING BOTH.

Good post Lee, but would you be willing to compete against Vince G, CSN MFT??
Thread Killer

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2007, 03:50:42 PM »
exactly! that makes perfect sense! but IFBB will suspend your ass if you do that! oh shit they did already!
bodybuildersreality.com

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2007, 03:54:29 PM »
exactly! that makes perfect sense! but IFBB will suspend your ass if you do that! oh shit they did already!

THEY DID WHEN ...SHIT I AM ALWAYS IN THE DARK..... FUCK

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2007, 03:56:41 PM »
Is it me or have we already covered this issue before ?
L

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2007, 03:57:17 PM »
Lee when are you gonna man the fuck up and stop acting like a bitch?

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2007, 03:57:20 PM »
THEY DID WHEN ...SHIT I AM ALWAYS IN THE DARK..... f**k
yeah Lee, they wouldn't let you do the Mr. O, they let you in the expo cuz if they didn't no one would go! Then they talked shit about you at the conference! apparently you got spanked!?! I know your busy making money in the PDI now so i hope this helps  ;D it must have been nice to get wire transfered the next morning!
bodybuildersreality.com

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2007, 04:05:15 PM »

You're not looking at the big picture...I don't personally believe that there are enough quality pro's or sponsors to sustain 2 federations.

Who may it hurt, you ask? Possible BOTH federations and the athletes in the long term. Two waterd down federations...more shows with less quality at them, less sponsorship money means less probability of MORE athletes making anything.

There aren't enough good pro's out there to make the IFBB successful in all their shows, let alone another federation. The smaller shows already take enough flak for having a "weak" line-up...

There would also be a problem with the PDI guys being able to compete in the IFBB shows, as the majoity of them aren't qualified by IFBB standards...If they can't get through the NPC, they certainly cant step on a IFBB stage...

If there was enough talent and money to have another successful federation, it would have been done many years go with NABBA, WABBA, the WBBG, or the WBF.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2007, 04:13:39 PM »
You're not looking at the big picture...I don't personally believe that there are enough quality pro's or sponsors to sustain 2 federations.

Who may it hurt, you ask? Possible BOTH federations and the athletes in the long term. Two waterd down federations...more shows with less quality at them, less sponsorship money means less probability of MORE athletes making anything.

There aren't enough good pro's out there to make the IFBB successful in all their shows, let alone another federation. The smaller shows already take enough flak for having a "weak" line-up...

There would also be a problem with the PDI guys being able to compete in the IFBB shows, as the majoity of them aren't qualified by IFBB standards...If they can't get through the NPC, they certainly cant step on a IFBB stage...

If there was enough talent and money to have another successful federation, it would have been done many years go with NABBA, WABBA, the WBBG, or the WBF.

But I keep telling you Bob, there IS enough talent!!  Vince G baby, Vince G.
Thread Killer

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2007, 07:25:43 PM »

Wow!  Keep thinking this way Chic.  No wonder why you are so blinded by the IFBB.  They defintiely picked the perfect person to be their puppet.  I give you credit.  You stick to your guns no matter how wrong you are.  YOu would think that seeing that NO ONE supports your thoughts you would think twice before saying things, but you don't.  Not sure if it means you are dumb or just ignorant to the reality of the IFBB.  Either way it has lessened your crediablity.  But you know I still love you.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2007, 07:35:38 PM »
Wow!  Keep thinking this way Chic.  No wonder why you are so blinded by the IFBB.  They defintiely picked the perfect person to be their puppet.  I give you credit.  You stick to your guns no matter how wrong you are.  YOu would think that seeing that NO ONE supports your thoughts you would think twice before saying things, but you don't.  Not sure if it means you are dumb or just ignorant to the reality of the IFBB.  Either way it has lessened your crediablity.  But you know I still love you.

It's called REALITY, Keith...the quicker you accept it...the quicker you'll start thinking clearly.

Sami The Black-smith

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • You dont have to be the BIGGEST to be the BEST!
« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2007, 09:24:58 PM »
 Hey whats up ALL.......... LEE still eating my donuts ;D  RHINO still on ur promise ;)

## GREAT news....our PDI just got new champ...just made the come back.. i respect him and admire him the most from the 90s IFBB pro bodybuilders.....

its the great Paul Dellet :o  PDI shows gonna be great this year... CANT Wait   :)
## i got the news from UK-muscle.com... Paul posted that him self ;)
http://www.uk-muscle.com/ukmuscle/forums/read.aspx?pid=74638

## and here is Musclemag covering up our show in NY ;D

~ The Black Smith ~

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #96 on: January 08, 2007, 11:13:45 PM »
PD needs to get a career before it's too late.  Traffic controllers pocket about $70-$100K yrly.  Enough with this comeback stuff every 4-5yrs. 
Oh...Monica!

RHINO290

« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2007, 05:32:58 AM »
Hey whats up ALL.......... LEE still eating my donuts ;D  RHINO still on ur promise ;)

## GREAT news....our PDI just got new champ...just made the come back.. i respect him and admire him the most from the 90s IFBB pro bodybuilders.....

its the great Paul Dellet :o  PDI shows gonna be great this year... CANT Wait   :)
## i got the news from UK-muscle.com... Paul posted that him self ;)
http://www.uk-muscle.com/ukmuscle/forums/read.aspx?pid=74638

## and here is Musclemag covering up our show in NY ;D

SAMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's up Bro?? Don't worry, I didn't forget........

Paul Dillet? WOW, interesting news indeed.......

Rampage

• Getbig IV
« Reply #98 on: January 09, 2007, 05:41:19 AM »
Something that Rhino said made me wonder something...

Lee , have you read that Jimmy Thomson Truth thread ? Where he actually unvails all truths related to BB

Would you consider starting a thread like that , where you tell all , no holds barred?  ???

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: January 09, 2007, 06:47:23 AM »

i respect Paul Dillet as much as the next guy. Heck he's from Montreal like me, but if he thinks he's gonna fair better in the PDI, given his posing skills... :-\
i just hope he works on that cause afterall it's still bodybuilding.