Author Topic: NFL picks  (Read 9814 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: NFL picks
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2007, 07:53:48 PM »
Yeah a blowout against the second best defense in the league ::). NE/Balt/ and whoever in the NFC.
L

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2007, 08:01:57 PM »
If LT breaks 2 TD's or 100+ yards, SD by blowout!!!!

Bump. I speak the truth. If LT scores 2 TD's AND breaks 125+ yards, expect SD to win by 14+ points.

body88

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2007, 10:33:06 AM »
Yeah a blowout against the second best defense in the league ::). NE/Balt/ and whoever in the NFC.

Three years ago not a soul could fathom the NE Patriots holding the NFL best offense to 3 points. That colts offense was a legit monster that year. Better then this San Dieago offense. That year Bellichek found a way to hold manning and co to three points. Everyone was shocked.Thinking LT is the only factor to this game is result of lack of knowledge and not looking at how the teams truly match up.

Containing LT is a huge factor in this game, but there are many other factors that need to be addressed on both sides of the ball, for both teams. I hope Maroney is on for this game. I would have loved to see the rookie not share the carry load with Dillon and Faulk. People are sleeping on him since he was out for those three games during the regular season.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2007, 10:35:00 AM »

Three years ago not a soul could fathom the NE Patriots holding the NFL best offense to 3 points. That colts offense was a legit monster that year. Better then this San Dieago offense. That year Bellichek found a way to hold manning and co to three points. Everyone was shocked.Thinking LT is the only factor to this game is result of lack of knowledge and not looking at how the teams truly match up.

Containing LT is a huge factor in this game, but there are many other factors that need to be addressed on both sides of the ball for both teams.

and another thing is the pats have every year since then have had indys number in the playoffs they know how to win big games!  i still hate tom brady by the way  >:(

body88

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2007, 10:37:57 AM »
and another thing is the pats have every year since then have had indys number in the playoffs they know how to win big games!  i still hate tom brady by the way  >:(

Bellichek outsmarted and outplayed Indy. Holding the far and away number one offense to three points during that game was incredable. My point is, just because San D has one of the greatest running backs ever does not mean they cannot be held. I am not taking anything away from san d. I think they are an awesome team.

I also love how the Chargers are refusing to sell tickets to people from MA ::)

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2007, 10:42:25 AM »
Bellichek outsmarted and outplayed Indy. Holding the far and away number one offense to three points during that game was incredable. My point is, just because San D has one of the greatest running backs ever does not mean they cannot be held. I am not taking anything away from san d. I think they are an awesome team.

I also love how the Chargers are refusing to sell tickets to people from MA ::)
how can they even do that  ???

body88

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2007, 10:42:55 AM »
If you go to si.com you see the picks are split down the middle. Peter king who is one of the most respected sports writers picked the pats. Even the people whom picked the chargers had the game close.

I have no problem with people thinking San D will win this game. There is a very strong argument to be made that they will. Same could be said for the patriots.

People who actually study the matchup have the game close with either team winning ::) The easy thing to say is LT, Merrimen!!! Or Bellicheck ,Brady!!!! But, there is much more there.

body88

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2007, 10:44:35 AM »
how can they even do that  ???

I have no idea. They are refusing to sell to anyone without a San D area code. Just shows what type of attitude people have towards the patriots success in the last 6 years ::)

Last time I checked, there was a bunch of jets fans at Gillete last game.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2007, 10:46:05 AM »
The one team I wouldn't bet against in the playoffs is N.E. 

body88

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2007, 10:52:44 AM »
The one team I wouldn't bet against in the playoffs is N.E. 

Every time Pats have won a huge game they had "no chance", Over and over. Could San D blow em out? Sure, but Ne could blow San D out. I think the logical prediction would be a close game. Anything can happen on any given Sunday. But, the hate/jealousy people have for the patriots success is most obvious at times like these. Like a 13 and 4 record is nothing at all ::) The second fewest points allowed in the nfl is nothing at all ::)  Peple who do not look at the actual numbers say  LT/ Merrimen. Same goes for pats fans who say Bellicheck/ Brady. There is so much more there. Both sets are huge factors, but there are a million other factors also.

Take a look at San D's schedule. There are some close games with some bad teams in there. Notably the bills game. yet, they are bulletproof.

I have nothing but respect for the Chargers. I also think I am fair with my analazation of the game. They are a great team and NE will have to bring there best game to pull one out.