Author Topic: Could you be an IFBB Pro??????????  (Read 28857 times)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: Could you be an IFBB Pro??????????
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2007, 04:39:52 AM »
You cant turn a donkey into a Kentucky Derby winner, no matter what you do...........Genetics are the key and you either have em...or you don't.

Hendrix

• Getbig IV
  • Male Silverback Gorillas Do Not Take Drugs.
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2007, 05:55:24 AM »
YES
Take Jay Cutler for example he has a beautiful wife and a trained nurse and i bet he owes a lot for her for his success and no doubt a  Doctor who prescribes him his drugs.
I have hit 280 at a Genuine 10% bodyfat and thats a 1/4 of what that supposed to have taken by this mysterious Dorian Cycle.
All i Know is i have an X frame and have hit competition weight of 235 to 237 at 6 ft without HGH,IGF,Slin and never been on stage.
Really when you think about it Kamali has shit genetics and is quite succesfull , seeing some of the pitures of some of the Getbig regulars i think its quite possible to be succesfull at bodybuilding.
BOBB SAPP KILLS

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2007, 06:42:13 AM »
all drugs

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2007, 06:58:27 AM »
Check out v. martinez's mass attack ...HE is pretty intense to me

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2007, 07:35:26 AM »
I don't believe anyone can become an IFBB Pro because I have seen first hand guys that had shitty genetics living a pro bodybuilding lifestyle using tons of gear and they still couldn't even catch up to guys in the gym that had just moderately good genes and used "maintenance" gear....
You Can't Do It!!!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2007, 08:01:02 AM »
All this talk about "who trains hard", "who is weak"," all drugs..." blah, blah.......

All of it is totally irrelevant if you are a pro BB...the ONLY thing that matters is what the end result is....what you look like on stage being compared to the next guy...PERIOD.

Training is only a means to that end...tools of breaking down muscle tissue and diet/rest in building it back up. Some (like Flex and Paul) had awesome genetics in terms of response to the gear and response to building muscle...if they were able to get results with training lighter, less frequently, or whatever....good for them.

All the rest of this talk is pure bullshit...

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2007, 08:03:02 AM »
All this talk about "who trains hard", "who is weak"," all drugs..." blah, blah.......

All of it is totally irrelevant if you are a pro BB...the ONLY thing that matters is what the end result is....what you look like on stage being compared to the next guy...PERIOD.

Training is only a means to that end...tools of breaking down muscle tissue and diet/rest in building it back up. Some (like Flex and Paul) had awesome genetics in terms of response to the gear and response to building muscle...if they were able to get results with training lighter, less frequently, or whatever....good for them.

All the rest of this talk is pure bullshit...
what is bullshit Bob? with all due respect i think there are A LOT of guys who could have the dimensions and bodyfat percentages of most IFBB pros on a cycle that was listed for Dorian.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2007, 08:10:40 AM »
Whats bullshit is exactly what I wrote at the top of the post...

Only a complete moron would believe that was Dorians gear cycle...

If anyone has to take that much gear to turn pro, they need to re-evaluate their goals and if they "have what it takes"...

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2007, 08:13:28 AM »
Whats bullshit is exactly what I wrote at the top of the post...

Only a complete moron would believe that was Dorians gear cycle...

If anyone has to take that much gear to turn pro, they need to re-evaluate their goals and if they "have what it takes"...

i have to admit that i have my doubts about that cycle as well Bob, i would guess realistically that the doses were probably half of what was listed, i got to 240lbs. at 5'11" with the outline of abs showing on the sides on 750mg. Sustenon per week and 30mg. d bol daily so i know that i would have been DRASTICALLY bigger on twice or three times that.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2007, 08:22:17 AM »
This is the oldest argument in bodybuilding...anyone who knows even minimal about BB and gear can tll you that more gear will not make you bigger, just start to illicit the side effects.

It's like filling  a glass up with water...once it's filled...you can keep pouring all you want...it doesn't get "more filled".

If bing a great BB was purely dependant on how much gear was being used...believe me...there would be a lot more big MFers walking around than there are...

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2007, 08:31:17 AM »
If that was the case every one using would be a pro

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2007, 08:49:54 AM »
bob is right, once your receptors are saturated they are saturated. you cant keep adding to them once they've been saturated. sarc you wouldnt have gotten any bigger, more likely you would have gotten the same size with half the dose.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2007, 09:01:37 AM »
Sure ANYONE could be a pro. It's so fucking easy!  ???
In no particular order, here is how to get "huge" (i understand the definition of "huge" is thrown around lightly):

1. Lift weights
2. Take steroids
3. Eat lots of food

This may be shocking to some of you, but if a person TRULY dedicates themselves to all 3 of these components, they will gain muscle. Notice I said ALL 3 components. You can gain a SIGNIFIGANT amount of muscle by training and eating. You won't gain SHIT ( besides a nice set of tits and a constant hard on) by taking 100,000 mg of Test a week without eating or training. The only variable that is different amongst top amateurs and pros is training and diet. Everyone uses the same drugs in the same amount for the most part. Not everybody trains hard, not everbody eats perfect, but EVERYBODY takes drugs. In the end what separates the best from the best really is the genetic makeup of the individuals. For example the amount of steroids and GH that King Kamali takes per se, is irrelevant because his structure is terrible and he will never win a pro show for the rest of his life unless he is the only competitor.

Now if this doesn't make sense to you, or you disagree with this statement, then congratulations, you have an IQ of a 2 year old and you shouldn't be giving your opinion anyways. Anybody with a normal functioning brain that has the ability to comprehend their surroundings would realize this is the truth.

hahahaha great post, but you my friend would make a horrible school teacher, bcs you aren't any good at dealing with stupid people. I can totally see you humiliating any kid who can't recite the first ten decimal digits of pi, slapping him on the head, and making him stand in the corner with a pointed hat ;D

I know this idiot who has been on test (of dubious origin, from some ug lab) non-stop since the summer of 05. The dude trains like a pussy and has no notion of the science of nutrition or training or drugs. He thinks steroids are magic. He had money problems at one point, so he just went without food and kept buying the test ::) ::) He did get up to 220 at one point, but now he is 190 fat with impressive manboobs. He nearly cried once when I called him "Pamelo Manderson." ;D In his mind, he is a huge stud though ::) ::)

I know this other kid who trains at my gym. When I first met him in the summer of 05 he was 19, 6', scrawny 160 lbs and hungry to get huge. Apparently he jumped on the roids (I don't know just what he was using), coz when I saw him next in spring quarter (9 months later), the dude was HUGE, weighing 250 lbs, lifting insane weights, massive all over, very red face, very puffy, very bloated, and gross acne (yet he insisted on wearing a tanktop). Haven't seen or heard from him lately.

The other day I ventured onto another bbing forum (I do that every once in a while.) I was shocked by this thread in which a 19 yr old kid who competed in the teen division of some midwestern show complained about how diuretics messed up his conditioning on stage. Can you believe that? 19, and the kid feels he needs not only steroids, but also diuretics to do well in a teen contest. I was appalled. When I was 19, I didn't even know what the word 'diuretics' meant. Funny what the desire to win will drive some kids to do. If this is what the kid does to win mr teen bfe, what will he do if he ever gets to junior nats?!

OK what's the point of these three stories? I dunno, they may be distantly relevant to the discussion at hand, and I just feel like talking :D

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2007, 09:05:22 AM »
Flex Wheeler seems like a nice guy from a phone conversation I had with him once, but if you watch his first DVD, you will see that his training was not that intense.  His training was night and day in the second DVD.  Paul Dillett and Gunter are king of the same way.  They definitely aren't the only ones.

His training was weak here in "Hardbody":

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/flexwheelerhardbodydvdreview.html

In "Mass Construction" it was way more intense:

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/flexwheelermassconstructiondvd.html

However, I should point out that he was keenly aware of people mocking his low intensity and mentioned he had planned to train harder in the second video.

Flex and many other pros are proof that with the right genetics, enough food, and training (training period, not necessarily super intense) can create a world class physique.

I dunno how many others feel the same way as me, but pros' DVDs dont really interest me much, esp. when their training is nothing special. Nor do I want to see something far removed from my reality, like Ronnie Coleman training.

In all probability, the only pros whose DVDs I would buy would be called Justin Harris or Steve Kuclo... Now there's inspiration for you!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2007, 09:06:55 AM »
This is the funny part of these types of discussions...it's not the pro's that are taking these enormous amounts of drugs...it's the amateurs by far...TRYING to get to the pro's. I've sen WAYYYY more abuse at the LOCAL level by guys trying to overcome shitty genetics with gear...

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2007, 09:07:22 AM »
This is the funny part of these types of discussions...it's not the pro's that are taking these enormous amounts of drugs...it's the amateurs by far...TRYING to get to the pro's. I've sen WAYYYY more abuse at the LOCAL level by guys trying to overcome shitty genetics with gear...

Bob what do you think of the "Dorian cycle" post?
Squishy face retard

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2007, 09:12:10 AM »
Bob what do you think of the "Dorian cycle" post?

It's complete fabrication...along with the "Jimmy Thompson" thread.

People on this site are way too quick to believe what they read...

Must be true, I read it on Getbig..!

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2007, 09:13:12 AM »
It's complete fabrication...along with the "Jimmy Thompson" thread.

People on this site are way too quick to believe what they read...

Must be true, I read it on Getbig..!
The Suspension amounts tipped me off.  It's too much from what I know about Suspension.
Squishy face retard

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2007, 09:14:20 AM »

Yes Chick, from my limited experiences in bbing, I think you are making a good point. Many promoters would do well to cancel the teen divisions in their shows, or drug test everyone strictly, to send a message to the young guys in the sport that they oughtta develop their work ethic first and learn everything about food and training before they use the "magic drugs."

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2007, 09:23:40 AM »
Exactly...the idea of building a base went "bye-bye" years ago...these teens are fuckin retarded.

I've gotten more than my share of emails asking for advices on gear, stacks, etc...anything but training.

"Back in my day" (God I hate having to use that..!)...it wasn't even considered until the "old guys" at the gym thought you built enough naturally to sustain...

If you cant get past the local level naturally...it aint happening.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2007, 09:26:53 AM »
I have a good friend who started at like 15 and never stopped until a year ago.  Dumb on his part and he doesn't look that great anymore.
Squishy face retard

Stavios

« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2007, 09:28:22 AM »
Exactly...the idea of building a base went "bye-bye" years ago...these teens are fuckin retarded.

I've gotten more than my share of emails asking for advices on gear, stacks, etc...anything but training.

"Back in my day" (God I hate having to use that..!)...it wasn't even considered until the "old guys" at the gym thought you built enough naturally to sustain...

If you cant get past the local level naturally...it aint happening.

Bob, people on the local leve ARE on gear, so how can a natural guy look better

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2007, 09:29:44 AM »
I think there's no basic formula for being a pro.  Basically if you take that much gear, eat tons, and train hard, a lot of people can take bodybuilding very far - pro status, I don't know because shape and structure play a role.  The hardest part of all of this is really eating tons of food because it takes so much time.
#

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2007, 09:44:42 AM »
Bob, people on the local leve ARE on gear, so how can a natural guy look better

Genetics...you either have them or you don't.

You don't build them in a gym, and you don't find thm in a bottle...

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2007, 09:46:49 AM »
Genetics...you either have them or you don't.

You don't build them in a gym, and you don't find thm in a bottle...

What if i made a wish one day bro? Would that come true  8)
#