Author Topic: resistant training and weight training?  (Read 928 times)

SPRINKFSU

• Getbig III
resistant training and weight training?
« on: January 12, 2007, 09:02:14 PM »
my question is.I use free weights at the gym and the machines.I have a friend thats uses his home gym and never goes to the gym.He has a bowflex that he swear up and down on.He is about the same hight as I am.I am 5'11 211 lbs he is 5'11 190lbs he looks alot bigger then I am.my question is does resistant training do more for you then weight training?

SUPERDAD911

• Getbig II
  • Put limits on yourself, you limit your success.
Re: resistant training and weight training?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 05:17:45 PM »
It is the difference between strength training and muscle building.
Sugar Free

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 06:44:26 PM »
This would be easier to answer if you both ate the exact same foods and had the same genetics, and worked out with similar intensity and consistency...without those being equal...its hard to explain why you two look different...

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 07:41:16 PM »
I am.my question is does resistant training do more for you then weight training?

Weight training is resistance training.
:

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 05:32:00 AM »
Weight training is a form of resistance training.

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 09:07:54 AM »
I will third the notion of the lovely Princess L and the masked avenger DontKnowIt, both are resistance training. Of course there are different degrees of resistance which the muscle meets, when ever using a BowFlex or general weight training. BWT exercise are also resistance exercise, which a lot of people tend to forget. You friend does have a different genetic response to resistance training, as you do. Same diet, different diet or whatever..not the same muscle building/fat loss responses. I would guess a lot of the top Pro's would still look outstanding (though not any where near their full potential) if the BowFlex was the only piece of equipment ever used by them. Good Luck.

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 11:44:45 AM »
Consistency & Intensity are the keys...  The fact that your friend has a home gym, therefore no possible excuse to skip a workout, probably means that he works out on a pretty consistent basis.  I don't care what type of resistance training you do - if you workout with intensity on a consistent basis - you're going to get results.

I have a Bowflex Ultimate 2 (top of the line) and I'll be the first to tell you that I can get a better workout at a gym.  However, the convenience of having the home gym more than makes up for the slightly less effective workout.