Author Topic: travel time  (Read 1047 times)

Deadpool

• Getbig V
travel time
« on: January 13, 2007, 09:47:56 AM »
does anyone go to a gym that is a little bit out of the way, just because it is the best facility within driving distance?
X

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: travel time
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 07:19:06 AM »
I don't, but I can see myself doing it, at least maybe once a week or so for some variety.
Z

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 09:15:19 PM »
No, but I probably would if it was a nice gym.  I am a creature of habit so I don't tend to go to different gyms even though my membership useful there.  I hvae to be in my element, have two sticks of bubble gum, ipod, and beanie cap.  Sometimes even a different time messes me up.  But thats just me.

Cooker

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 06:52:53 PM »
No, but I probably would if it was a nice gym.  I am a creature of habit so I don't tend to go to different gyms even though my membership useful there.  I hvae to be in my element, have two sticks of bubble gum, ipod, and beanie cap.  Sometimes even a different time messes me up.  But thats just me.

I agree.  A certain level of comfort, meaning a familiar surrounding and set routine, is necessary for me to get the most out of my workouts as well.

The niceset gym in my area is a good 25 minutes across town.  The gym I train at is 1.5 miles from my house.  I would rather spend that extra 20 minutes in the gym vs. in the car traveling.  Thats just me though.

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 08:45:33 AM »
Before I got my own place I use to pass at least 4 gyms to get to the Worlds that I was training at.  I tried the others a few times when I didn't have time to go to Worlds, but the extra 25 min ride was worth it.  And in RI, we don't like to go 5 min. never mind 25.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio