Author Topic: Spiderman 3  (Read 4578 times)

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
Re: Spiderman 3
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2007, 10:47:57 AM »
As Hulk?

nah just kidding, he is like the king of bad cameo's

CC3

• Getbig II
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2007, 10:48:36 AM »
since I'm a comic book nerd lets see if anyone knows the origin of Venom......

you get 50 comic book nerd points if you know it.....

Spidey's suit was ripped apart while fighting in space in the Secret Wars.  He and the alien symbiote found each other, thought they liked each other.  Boy were they wrong....

What else ya' got?

Comic book nerd for life right here.  I still actually keep up with a couple of series'.

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Check out www.muscleshoppe.com for the best prices
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2007, 10:52:09 AM »
Stephen Platt...excellent artist! He just remeinded me of another form of Todd Mcfarlane....

I think the best artist is Stan Lee. His women were gorgeous..

I remember the Spawn issue with that pedophile that Spawn killed that went to hell.

Damn...Mcfarlane was drawing artwork where he made the pedophile put little kids fingers in the icecream...that was sick.....Spawn killed him though :) I like it when super heros kill pedophiles :)

Dale Keown is an amazing artist as well..he made me like the Incredible Hulk again. His rendition of the Hulk was better than Mcfarlane's

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2007, 11:05:48 AM »
Stephen Platt...excellent artist! He just remeinded me of another form of Todd Mcfarlane....

I think the best artist is Stan Lee. His women were gorgeous..

I remember the Spawn issue with that pedophile that Spawn killed that went to hell.

Damn...Mcfarlane was drawing artwork where he made the pedophile put little kids fingers in the icecream...that was sick.....Spawn killed him though :) I like it when super heros kill pedophiles :)

Dale Keown is an amazing artist as well..he made me like the Incredible Hulk again. His rendition of the Hulk was better than Mcfarlane's

keown's run on the hulk is about as good as it gets, storyline was great, art was great...too bad he went to image, I don't have one issue of PITT so I don't know if it was any good or not.

I know Platt did a great job on moon night...looked damn cool but I can't name anything else he did.

Justice League of America and Justice Society are 2 comics I follow right now...I also was into teen titans for awhile, I thought Infinate Crissis was great but others didn't...I'm more of a DC comics kinda guy...
nasser=piece of shit

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2007, 11:09:48 AM »

Sam Keith had the best rendition of HULK.

See WIZARD #2 cover.

The alien parasite took over Eddie Brock. Damn! I still remember all this.

I remember ShadowHawk. Who did ShadowHawk? Mark Silvestri? Or did Silvestri do 'CyberForce'.

Erick Larsen did Savage Dragon...then Dale Kewon did PITT.

I remember all the BEST artists just out of nowhere leaving Marvel.
?

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Check out www.muscleshoppe.com for the best prices
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2007, 11:19:58 AM »
Shadow hawk was drawn by this guy named Valentino

I got the first few issues a long time ago...that comic sucked and the Artwork sucked

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2007, 06:51:26 PM »
 :o

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2007, 01:18:21 PM »
Spider-Man is spinning his web toward Broadway
"Lion King's" Julie Taymor will direct the comic's adaptation, with U2's Bono and the Edge providing music and lyrics.
By Geoff Boucher, Times Staff Writer
April 20, 2007

Spider-Man may soon be spinning his webs in a Broadway musical that will be directed by Tony Award winner Julie Taymor, who famously transferred "The Lion King" to stage, and will feature new music and lyrics by Bono and the Edge of U2.

Readings will start this summer for the splashy project, executives at Marvel Comics said Thursday. There's no official word on a premiere date or any hints about early casting choices to play Peter Parker, Mary Jane Watson, Aunt May, J. Jonah Jameson or the other characters from the popular spandex soap opera.

It won't be the first time a superhero has made it to Broadway; "It's a Bird ... It's a Plane ... It's Superman" took flight in 1966 but, despite favorable reviews, didn't click with the public. But Spidey is the first Marvel Comics character to leap to the stage.

The spindly wall-crawler, created in 1962 by the team of artist Steve Ditko and writer Stan Lee, has already proved to be titan on the silver screen. The first two films in the popular Sony franchise have grossed $777 million in the U.S. alone while the third installment is poised to hit theaters on May 4, with the hero tussling this time with two shape-shifting foes (the gritty Sandman and the oily Venom), as well as the vengeful son of the late Green Goblin.

Spider-Man has some of the most visually interesting villains in all of comics, and it will be a challenge for Taymor to deliver a viable stage adaptation of the mechanical tentacles of Doctor Octopus or the flying bat-glider of the Green Goblin. But the director did win Tonys for direction and costume design for the wildly popular adaptation of "The Lion King," which used puppetry, stilts, mechanically enhanced costumes and other tactics to create its complex vision of the jungle fable.

Bono and the Edge, meanwhile, have done movie soundtrack work, but the rock heroes are newcomers to Broadway. This will be the second superhero résumé line for the Edge. The U2 guitarist also wrote and played the slinky theme song for "The Batman," the stylized Kids WB cartoon series that premiered in 2004.

The Spider-Man musical is being produced by Hello Entertainment/David Garfinkle, Martin McCallum, Marvel Entertainment and Sony Pictures Entertainment.

the Pure Majestic

• Getbig III
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2007, 04:35:25 PM »
:o

That is the gayest punching form in history. 

Seriously, I'm betting he kept his elbow forward, and "tomahawked" the punch, with his palm facing to the side, limp wristed the entire way.