Author Topic: Is this really STella? Wow!  (Read 9718 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: Is this really STella? Wow!
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2007, 05:35:54 AM »
Atheism is as closed minded as any religion. By ruling out even the possibility of there being a God, gods, higher power, or whatever you've closed your mind off to soo much. I'm not going to say I back any religion in particular, but it seems to me to be so intent on believing there is nothing, it takes as much faith as those you accuse who believe in something. I could understand being an atheist and just living your life with an absence, but what is the point of going around preaching it like it's become a religion of its own. It seems like a waste too, being the ultimate lose-lose situation. If you're right, you won't conclusively find out until you're dead, in which case there's nothing and you've won no big prize for you belief, and if you're wrong you're going to hell. But, believe what you want, I'm not trying to push any particular religion, I'm just giving my opinion on it.

Whatabout Santa?
Z

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2007, 05:38:40 AM »
Stella looks in her mid-to-late 30's, a little too much muscle/low bodyfat combo for my optimal taste, but I wouldn't say no.

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2007, 05:43:52 AM »
Whatabout Santa?
Well, then you could go to the North Pole or wherever, notice the distinct lack of toys, workshops, and happy go lucky elves. But that's like saying 'I'm not going to accept the possibility that there could be a higher power because you can't prove it.' You also can't prove there isn't, so why not just leave all options open and at least be agnostic?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2007, 07:12:20 AM »
Actually that's a pretty bad list. Howabout dropping some current names instead of Aquinas who lived 700 years ago  ::)
Fact is, religion has taken a big beating in recent years and it's getting really hard to find people of intelligence that also are religious.

ahha, this post shows your intelligence, about 80% of the population beleive in some form of divinity, you do the math on if that 80% contains intelligent people. 40% percent of scientists believe in god.

polkinghome is still alive so it, dyson, jastrow, hugh ross, gingereich, wilber, haisch.

the santa argument is not a good argument, for the simple reason belief in him requires that you beleive someone climbs down your chimmny at night and puts out gifts.
god on the other hand is valid, since there are moral arguments, consciousnous argument, what came before the big bang, uncaused cause, unmoved mover, anthropic arguments and more but i doubt you've read any of them and base your opinions on "i dont see god". im not talking about christianity, im talking about beleif in god, i dont buy chrisitanity, i possibly could but for now it doesnt seem logical to me.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2007, 07:15:35 AM »
How did this thread go from a hot woman to a demon possessed cult?
just push some weight!

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2007, 07:51:25 AM »
well i guess talking about hot woman isnt fun we need pics!!!

anyone got any pics of alexxs sister, heard she was hot.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2007, 07:52:51 AM »
well i guess talking about hot woman isnt fun we need pics!!!

anyone got any pics of alexxs sister, heard she was hot.

She's my future wife. PM Alexxx for details on our wedding. Open bar.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2007, 08:18:23 AM »
id chew through those cotton white panties to get to her stink star. i find her highly arousing, but im being rude.

can someone post that pic of the back shot.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2007, 08:52:28 AM »
Jeez,where can you find great pic like this....I was about to die for excesive laugh.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2007, 09:14:51 AM »
You are all arguing in different directions. I am not an atheist, I do believe absloute certain "faith" in something you can't prove is useful and comforting to many on a spiritual level however to use that same absolute certain "faith" with no evidentiary basis to create domestic and foreign policy and to use "faith" when going into a voting booth, is just absolutley dangerous and unethical and highly immmoral.

You all have a responsiblity to the world and to its people in making sound judgements based on the best facts and knowledge of the day. Believing that another group of people are evil and not going to heaven because your good book tells you so is just plain immoral, dangerous and complelety lacking in ethics.

The extremist Muslims hate us because we are none believers and  extremist Christians hate Muslims because they are non believers. If you take the literal word of both the Bible and Quran then all non-believers should be converted or killed for "God". Both are so certain their faith is the right faith.

And Zionists believe God will come when the Jews are back in the holy land, but the Jews think God will chose them and the Christians think Christ will choose them. Someones gotta be wrong. But people of "faith" cannot be reasoned with.

You see people its all unprovable and we are in the midst of a Holy war here and abroad because people have absolute certain "faith" that they are the right ones and God has chosen them. Meanwhile children are being killed and maimed because you are all so certain you are right. Could it be that you are all wrong?.

The answer is in "doubt", not "faith", "Doubt" is good, Doubt means we will keep striving for the truth and for what is best in the here and now using just our minds and our hearts. When people start having faith with no evidence, we are all in big trouble dudes.

It is only a matter of time before some person of absolute certain faith gets his hands on a nuclear bomb. God help us all.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2007, 10:49:41 AM »
ahha, this post shows your intelligence, about 80% of the population beleive in some form of divinity, you do the math on if that 80% contains intelligent people. 40% percent of scientists believe in god.

polkinghome is still alive so it, dyson, jastrow, hugh ross, gingereich, wilber, haisch.

the santa argument is not a good argument, for the simple reason belief in him requires that you beleive someone climbs down your chimmny at night and puts out gifts.
god on the other hand is valid, since there are moral arguments, consciousnous argument, what came before the big bang, uncaused cause, unmoved mover, anthropic arguments and more but i doubt you've read any of them and base your opinions on "i dont see god". im not talking about christianity, im talking about beleif in god, i dont buy chrisitanity, i possibly could but for now it doesnt seem logical to me.

My original comment was a reply to the "only fools don't believe in God"-comment where the opposite is true, the less intelligent you are, the greatest chance you're religious.

As for your namedropping, I'm still not impressed. Jastrow for example is an agnostic.
Z

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2007, 10:57:20 AM »
im not trying to name drop, you provided dennett and dawkins who are involved with evolutionary matters which have no part in spiritual matters, more then mowing the lawn and skining.

if less intelligence equals belief in god(just belief in god, not a christian god) then why could i own you in a debate about the subject. i would extend that to any athiest on this board. i enjoy the debate, and dont mind arguing about it.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2007, 11:04:07 AM »
im not trying to name drop, you provided dennett and dawkins who are involved with evolutionary matters which have no part in spiritual matters, more then mowing the lawn and skining.

if less intelligence equals belief in god(just belief in god, not a christian god) then why could i own you in a debate about the subject. i would extend that to any athiest on this board. i enjoy the debate, and dont mind arguing about it.

Dennett for example is not only obviously smart, he's also one of religions biggest critics, which makes him a perfect name to drop to someone claiming that only fools don't believe in God.

As for your intelligence and "owning skills" when you, of all names, drop someone who lived 700 years ago in very religious times as a great example of someone religious - and someone living today, that turned out to be an agnostic, I'd say you fucked up too much, too soon.

Z

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: January 17, 2007, 11:36:09 AM »
haha, funny you think jastrow is an atheist, have you read any of his work? clear religious inclinations, more to a deity but nonetheless he claims to be an agnostic.

aquinas work is still relevant today, dont see how its not, same with newtons work, oh and einsteins. just because someone isnt alive to day didnt mean they werent intelligent, new things are not always better.

hmmm. if you actually want to debate this topic start a thread on the religious board. dennett nor dawkins are more intelligent then newton nor einstein. they have caused no revolutions and have not created paradigm shifts.

what good arguments do you have for the non-exsistence of god. i dont see anything to back up your original claims. werent you the one harping on someone for lacking debate skills? give me one good argument.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: January 17, 2007, 01:46:49 PM »
what evidence or arguments or reason or anything do you have to say there is no god(a deity) or no life after death. your just making assumptions, they may be grounded in plausible and logical reasons but you havent presented any. im a theist your and athiest both take faith, i have arguments for my belief, i have argued with atheists on this site and havent heard one good reason why there would be no god, seriously, provide some arguments.

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
« Reply #90 on: January 17, 2007, 01:51:50 PM »
Jeez,where can you find great pic like this....I was about to die for excesive laugh.

Saw it a over a year ago and saved it on the ole' hard drive for just such an occasion. And yes, it's funnier than hell, glad you liked it.  ;D
tiny-tit bounty hunter

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
« Reply #91 on: January 17, 2007, 02:16:30 PM »
You are all arguing in different directions. I am not an atheist, I do believe absloute certain "faith" in something you can't prove is useful and comforting to many on a spiritual level however to use that same absolute certain "faith" with no evidentiary basis to create domestic and foreign policy and to use "faith" when going into a voting booth, is just absolutley dangerous and unethical and highly immmoral.

You all have a responsiblity to the world and to its people in making sound judgements based on the best facts and knowledge of the day. Believing that another group of people are evil and not going to heaven because your good book tells you so is just plain immoral, dangerous and complelety lacking in ethics.

The extremist Muslims hate us because we are none believers and  extremist Christians hate Muslims because they are non believers. If you take the literal word of both the Bible and Quran then all non-believers should be converted or killed for "God". Both are so certain their faith is the right faith.

And Zionists believe God will come when the Jews are back in the holy land, but the Jews think God will chose them and the Christians think Christ will choose them. Someones gotta be wrong. But people of "faith" cannot be reasoned with.

You see people its all unprovable and we are in the midst of a Holy war here and abroad because people have absolute certain "faith" that they are the right ones and God has chosen them. Meanwhile children are being killed and maimed because you are all so certain you are right. Could it be that you are all wrong?.

The answer is in "doubt", not "faith", "Doubt" is good, Doubt means we will keep striving for the truth and for what is best in the here and now using just our minds and our hearts. When people start having faith with no evidence, we are all in big trouble dudes.

It is only a matter of time before some person of absolute certain faith gets his hands on a nuclear bomb. God help us all.
Exactly, I don't remember who the quote was from but it was 'faith without doubt is dead faith'. There's not much we can conclusively prove as true and as soon as we eliminate options that you can't disprove, you slip out of having faith into just being ignorant.

sandycoosworth

« Reply #92 on: January 17, 2007, 02:18:53 PM »
can anyone name me a religion that doesnt have a concept of an afterlife or reincarnation?

belief in god stems from a) the unknown b) fear of death

a) is shrinking exponentially with the advances of science, and b) may be obsolete one day as well..

people are gonan believe what they want, but the concept of a "god" is transparent and childish

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
« Reply #93 on: January 17, 2007, 02:27:18 PM »
can anyone name me a religion that doesnt have a concept of an afterlife or reincarnation?

belief in god stems from a) the unknown b) fear of death

a) is shrinking exponentially with the advances of science, and b) may be obsolete one day as well..

people are gonan believe what they want, but the concept of a "god" is transparent and childish
Then how do you explain suicide bombers? They gladly die to go see Allah, doesn't seem like a fear of dying to me. Not even accepting the possibility of there being a higher power is as childishly closed minded and faith based as any religion. Believe it or not, science has become a religion of it's own.

sandycoosworth

« Reply #94 on: January 17, 2007, 02:30:35 PM »
lol

um they dont do it to kill themselves, they do it to get into heaven with 72 virgins

by fear of death i mean the fear of actual death (ie no heaven or hell when you die thats it)

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
« Reply #95 on: January 17, 2007, 02:38:24 PM »
lol

um they dont do it to kill themselves, they do it to get into heaven with 72 virgins

by fear of death i mean the fear of actual death (ie no heaven or hell when you die thats it)
Well, not to just kill themselves, but they obviously have no fear of dying. But at the same time it seems ridiculous there are many atheists because they simply don't want to believe there could be something else greater than them. Just because you do or don't want to believe in something won't make it anymore or any less true. For example, gravity. Every single one of you have felt the effects of gravity, but no one has ever seen, touched, tasted, heard, smelled, or seen, gravity. There's no denying it exists though. Just because something exists beyond our own senses, doesn't mean it can't exist. Either way, higher power or not, there will never come a day when someone can conclusively write on a piece of paper how there could or could not be a higher power which leaves us to have faith that whatever belief we have is correct and seek as much proof as we can to reaffirm that faith.

sandycoosworth

« Reply #96 on: January 17, 2007, 02:46:35 PM »
lol ... you "feel" god ... how very scientific of you ;D

nobody could ever write on a piece of paper that the universe wasnt created by a giant bleeding tampon either ... nobody can prove there is no santa or no easter bunny

you dig?

those terrorists dont fear death because they have heaven waiting for them ... you inadvertantly just proved the point i was making

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
« Reply #97 on: January 17, 2007, 02:52:19 PM »
lol ... you "feel" god ... how very scientific of you ;D

nobody could ever write on a piece of paper that the universe wasnt created by a giant bleeding tampon either ... nobody can prove there is no santa or no easter bunny

you dig?

those terrorists dont fear death because they have heaven waiting for them ... you inadvertantly just proved the point i was making

So by not being able to prove there is something, you can take that and conclusively believe there is nothing? All I'm trying to point out is that if you're going to say religion looks over certain possibilities, then you have to admit atheism does too. accepting every single possibility would be the only truly 'open-minded' choice, but at some point you have to pick one and close off to something. And like I pointed out, you can't prove gravity either, but what would you say if someone told you it couldn't exist because it can't be proven.

sandycoosworth

« Reply #98 on: January 17, 2007, 02:55:51 PM »
so youre saying you believe in santa and the easter bunny then ?

obviously so because you cannot disprove them

the real question is

WHAT ABOUT THE GIANT BLEEDING TAMPON ?
;D

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: January 17, 2007, 02:58:03 PM »
i wouldn't argue with sandy canada this guys dumber then a sack of cock rings. seriously he cant even comprehend that it is a fact that all that is, HAS to be eternal and infinite. what created the universe sandy, or better yet why did the big bang change, or explode?. you see you have two options since you dont know much about cosmology ill lay them out. the big bang was a point of infinite density for eternity or you can keep going back till theres nothing, that is before the planck epoch. they are the only really acceptable answers in science. multiverse just pushes the question back(matter is not eternal). say you choose option two(since ive already schooled you on the nothing to something argument) then the big bang has been a infinitly dense spot for eternity with all the conditions present for expansion for eternity. why did it all of a sudden change if the conditions were always present? we cant measure the time back to the planck epoch. change with when the conditions are present is a willful act something purposeful ie god.

why is the universe just right? the antropic argument, dont say its just right because we are here to talk about it, that is not acceptable by science and is a cop out. they can test the universe using computer models for other parameters, this paremeter which is impossible by chance according to statistics is the only possible outcome for life to exist.

belief in god is not childish being ignorant and clinging to your beliefs with no arguments for them other then blind faith is childish. provide some arguments. you can make the assumption that we all fear death and beleive in god but i was probably dead for a few million years and it didnt seem to bother me.