Author Topic: Dizziness after training  (Read 4839 times)

bench227.5

• Getbig I
Dizziness after training
« on: January 16, 2007, 12:25:13 PM »
Just after Christmas I was training deadlifts with my training partner. We were training intensely and I finished off with a set of 10 with 315. As I was completing this I felt a pain in the top of my head (quite painful) and it lasted for a minute then went away. The training session afterwards I trained and felt dizzy and had pressure in my head behind my eyes This dizziness lasted 8 hours or so. I went to the Dr and I thought it was my blood pressure. He checked me out and couldnt find anything wrong with me - blood pressure fine etc. So I went back to the gym and got the dizziness after training again. I havent trained in two weeks now. It is pretty distressing as I compete in powerlifting and absoloutely love lifting and this means I cant do it. Has anyone had this happen to them? what did you do?Thanks

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
Re: Dizziness after training
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 12:14:22 AM »
getting your breathing wrong?
It hasn't helped...

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 09:06:28 AM »
if you supplement with 2000 mg of calcium citrate and 1000mg of Magnesium citrate per day and I think your problem will dissapear.

Calcium and Magnesium compete for absobtion so they should be taken at differnt times of the day ...at least 3 hours distant from each other. Vitamin D enhances the absorbtion of Ca and Mg.

Make sure you are eating plenty of foods that are high in potassium.

Vinpocitine also dialates the blood vessels in the brain. That would help too. Ginko Biloba can be tried as well.

bench227.5

• Getbig I
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 12:20:45 PM »
No My breathing isnt wrong

Thanks for the replies. :)

I did light squats last night and the problem was a lot less severe. I think maybe it may be a neck issue. Had some slight discomfort there lately and maybe a nerve is getting trapped?

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 11:39:32 PM »
Try using padding round when you squat maybe?  Seeing you compete I wouldn't have thought your breathing would be wrong, something you usually nip in the bud quite early!   :)
It hasn't helped...

bench227.5

• Getbig I
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 11:58:35 AM »
Thanks for the input Smaul but the dizziness was happening not just after squatting- basically after intense training.
I benched tonight - I noticed that the dizziness was accompanied by aching sinus type pain around the eyes. So before I trained tonight I took a Sudafed. I Dont feel too bad at all after training tonight! Which is good I hope this problem is on the way out.
Cheers

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 06:15:16 PM »
I would advice you to take a heart rate and blood pressre checking devices  and monitor both before , during and after work out. If you find something unusuall tell to your doc.For further evaluations they'll  probably have to do   stress test or sth else!

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2007, 05:16:07 PM »
Brain tumor.  Too bad.
X

bench227.5

• Getbig I
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2007, 06:27:03 AM »
you aint training hardcore if you dont finish with a good brain tumor!

Trained squats again today much much better- No dizziness. Good idea about the blood pressure checking device tho.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 11:44:19 AM »
ive had that too, goes away after a few weeks,,, everytime i strained it would go off,,, just ease your way back into it

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2007, 03:29:30 PM »
First of all, it might not come back, could've been a one-time thing that will go away completely if a break in training's taken.

If it does come back, it's likely a warning not to continue what is causing this, the high stress of deads. Personally i think heavy deads are dangerous, put a lot of pressure on the spine, muscles, etc. Very intense and stressful, can easily cause injury that can last weeks or months. I don't think it's necessary for good development.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2007, 12:12:30 PM »
I would advice you to take a heart rate and blood pressre checking devices  and monitor both before , during and after work out. If you find something unusuall tell to your doc.For further evaluations they'll  probably have to do   stress test or sth else!

This is good advice. Ive noticed my PB actualy < after a bit into exercise. I mentioned it to my Dr and he gave a complicated explanation that basically said that not unusual.
Dizzy needs some attn. Don't die of a heart attack because you didn't go to the Doc and check it out.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2007, 01:20:09 PM »
This is good advice. Ive noticed my PB actualy < after a bit into exercise. I mentioned it to my Dr and he gave a complicated explanation that basically said that not unusual.
Dizzy needs some attn. Don't die of a heart attack because you didn't go to the Doc and check it out.
Actually all of the advice here can useful, since there's no clear answer. 

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2007, 02:33:42 AM »
Well i see this thread is older than oral sex, but since i have something to offer, i will. My training partner had a similar situation and went to the doc, scared shitless and the doc gave him MUSCLE RELAXANTS and he took them and it went away, also after the course of the relaxants he started getting massages and he doens't have this problem anymore...
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2007, 05:17:05 AM »
Watch out with SKelaxin and Cyclobenziprine. Both leave the muscles mushy for a couple days,
easy to get a injury with heavy weight. Cyclo is also a nasty 3 day hang-over for me.