Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
November 27, 2014, 11:55:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A question for hockey fans  (Read 755 times)
bmacsys
Getbig V

Getbig!

« on: January 19, 2007, 10:00:14 PM »

What fucking sport other than hockey do you earn a point for a loss? Who cares if its an overtime loss? A loss is aloss. Thats fucking ridiculous! Why doesn't the NHL ditch the points system and just go with wins and losses?
Report to moderator   Logged

The House that Ruth built
Earl1972
Getbig V

stop pretending you hate this sport

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 10:06:09 PM »

it's unique

E

E
RUDE BUOY
Getbig V

The Franchise

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 10:09:23 PM »

i dont know why the nhl ever went with that its fucken dumb a loss is a loss and thats that
bmacsys
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 10:13:33 PM »

i dont know why the nhl ever went with that its fucken dumb a loss is a loss and thats that

And this coming from a canuk.

blinky
Getbig V

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 04:22:26 AM »

ya im not really sure why they started it. dont care for it.

canadian_husker
Getbig III

From the outside looking in you cant understand it

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 10:07:00 PM »

What fucking sport other than hockey do you earn a point for a loss? Who cares if its an overtime loss? A loss is aloss. Thats fucking ridiculous! Why doesn't the NHL ditch the points system and just go with wins and losses?

did you ever watch a regular season overtime game before they gave the extra point? the teams were playing not to lose. it was basically 5 minutes of dumping the puck in and not getting caught in odd man rushes.

and you can't keep playing until someone scores. some nhl games go into 2 or 3 overtime periods in the playoffs. i don't think many fans would stick around for an extra hour or two to watch a regular season game. the players wouldn't be very happy about it either.

i don't like the extra point either, but i can understand what they're trying to do.

Go Big Red!!!
bmacsys
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2007, 08:27:50 AM »

did you ever watch a regular season overtime game before they gave the extra point? the teams were playing not to lose. it was basically 5 minutes of dumping the puck in and not getting caught in odd man rushes.

and you can't keep playing until someone scores. some nhl games go into 2 or 3 overtime periods in the playoffs. i don't think many fans would stick around for an extra hour or two to watch a regular season game. the players wouldn't be very happy about it either.

i don't like the extra point either, but i can understand what they're trying to do.

I think all that should be a moot point with the advent of the shootout.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!