Author Topic: A question for hockey fans  (Read 1763 times)

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
A question for hockey fans
« on: January 19, 2007, 09:00:14 PM »
What fucking sport other than hockey do you earn a point for a loss? Who cares if its an overtime loss? A loss is aloss. Thats fucking ridiculous! Why doesn't the NHL ditch the points system and just go with wins and losses?
The House that Ruth built

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: A question fo hockey fans
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 09:06:09 PM »
it's unique

E
E

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 09:09:23 PM »
i dont know why the nhl ever went with that its fucken dumb a loss is a loss and thats that

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 09:13:33 PM »
i dont know why the nhl ever went with that its fucken dumb a loss is a loss and thats that

And this coming from a canuk.

blinky

• Getbig V
Re: A question for hockey fans
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 03:22:26 AM »
ya im not really sure why they started it. dont care for it.

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
  • From the outside looking in you cant understand it
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 09:07:00 PM »
What fucking sport other than hockey do you earn a point for a loss? Who cares if its an overtime loss? A loss is aloss. Thats fucking ridiculous! Why doesn't the NHL ditch the points system and just go with wins and losses?

did you ever watch a regular season overtime game before they gave the extra point? the teams were playing not to lose. it was basically 5 minutes of dumping the puck in and not getting caught in odd man rushes.

and you can't keep playing until someone scores. some nhl games go into 2 or 3 overtime periods in the playoffs. i don't think many fans would stick around for an extra hour or two to watch a regular season game. the players wouldn't be very happy about it either.

i don't like the extra point either, but i can understand what they're trying to do.
Go Big Red!!!

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2007, 07:27:50 AM »
did you ever watch a regular season overtime game before they gave the extra point? the teams were playing not to lose. it was basically 5 minutes of dumping the puck in and not getting caught in odd man rushes.

and you can't keep playing until someone scores. some nhl games go into 2 or 3 overtime periods in the playoffs. i don't think many fans would stick around for an extra hour or two to watch a regular season game. the players wouldn't be very happy about it either.

i don't like the extra point either, but i can understand what they're trying to do.

I think all that should be a moot point with the advent of the shootout.