Author Topic: Are rights being infringed upon  (Read 15926 times)

newmom

Are rights being infringed upon
« on: January 20, 2007, 05:52:37 PM »
I heard a story about a town in bangor, Maine and new jersey also trying..

Now everyone keep an open mind (I know I will get trashed for it)

Smoking in cars with children present. Now, I don't believe a parent should smoke in a car or in the house with children present but that is the parents choice. I really feel strongly, the gov't is infringing on our constitutional rights. Anyone that does smoke in front of children (i.e. in the car with them in it is just a dumbass). Yes I do smoke and no not around jacks. I wont let her see me doing it. What can I say..IM an NRA member and believe the right to bear arms..

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
Re: Are rights being infringed upon
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 05:55:25 PM »

Smoking in cars with children present. Now, I don't believe a parent should smoke in a car or in the house with children present but that is the parents choice. I really feel strongly, the gov't is infringing on our constitutional rights. Anyone that does smoke in front of children (i.e. in the car with them in it is just a dumbass). Yes I do smoke and no not around jacks. I wont let her see me doing it. What can I say..IM an NRA member and believe the right to bear arms..

you smoke and you're a bodybuilder?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 05:57:52 PM »
smokers deserve to be treated like the animals they are

E
E

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 06:05:14 PM »

Stop smoking for your child's sake.

newmom

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 06:06:15 PM »
nope not a bodybuilder never said I was..

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 06:09:54 PM »

Second hand smoke kills , parents who smoke in the car are endangering their children , its sad the Government has to tell people how to parent

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 06:12:47 PM »
nope not a bodybuilder never said I was..
ok  but smoking is toxic

newmom

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2007, 06:13:45 PM »
I agree it is sad the govt feels the need do it but I still do not agree with it.  So I guess gun owners should not be allowed to have thier guns in their house if children are as well

newmom

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2007, 06:14:57 PM »
ok  but smoking is toxic

yes and I'm taking steps to be the healthiest this year as the time I was pregnant. Baby steps. It's a hard thing to quit (except when I was pregnant, never had the urge)

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2007, 06:15:40 PM »
You're absolutely right in that we shouldn't pass laws to prevent people from doing stupid things like smoking in car while a child is present. If we go down that road it will never end. Hell there are some ignorant women that smoke while they're pregnant. What should we do to them?

It's a shame that there are so many absolutely ignorant and stupid people in the world that we even have to consider such measures as passing laws outlawing their stupidity.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2007, 06:15:58 PM »
I agree it is sad the govt feels the need do it but I still do not agree with it.  So I guess gun owners should not be allowed to have thier guns in their house if children are as well

stop looking for ways to justify you being a lousy human being

E
E

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2007, 06:19:52 PM »
I agree it is sad the govt feels the need do it but I still do not agree with it.  So I guess gun owners should not be allowed to have thier guns in their house if children are as well

Bad analogy I have guns and both are double locked and the ammo is in a lock box and I have the keys with me at all times , being near locked guns you don't run the risk of cancer  ;)

newmom

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2007, 06:20:32 PM »
wow now I'm a lousy being. Now I can sleep better tonight knowing that

Ozzy

• Getbig IV
  • I'm back
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2007, 06:20:42 PM »

Second hand smoke kills , parents who smoke in the car are endangering their children , its sad the Government has to tell people how to parent

Second hand smoke kills if you're around it for years and years, constantly. It's true that parents should not smoke around their children, but again the Government shouldn't have the right to step in and impose legislation on the matter.

newmom

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2007, 06:21:55 PM »
Bad analogy I have guns and both are double locked and the ammo is in a lock box and I have the keys with me at all times , being near locked guns you don't run the risk of cancer  ;)

there are guns in my house locked and no ammo near them, but ask the parents of columbine kids that were killed they blame those 2 boys parents because of guns in the house.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2007, 06:27:22 PM »
there are guns in my house locked and no ammo near them, but ask the parents of columbine kids that were killed they blame those 2 boys parents because of guns in the house.

I think it's cause the victims' families wanted someone to blame, the elected officials wanted to win the next time around, and the parent did ignore some warning signs.  But it was the two morons' who deserve the blame.

That's awesome you're an NRA member.  What's your carry piece?  (Me = G27 with the keltec 32 fallback)

newmom

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2007, 06:29:18 PM »
pops gave me a 357 and grandpa still has his federal arms license to buy and sell guns..he has some great antique guns

newmom

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2007, 06:30:19 PM »
ok I dont know that gun but I strongly believe in right to bear arms

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2007, 06:30:59 PM »
.357 is nice but you want to be able to place 5 tight ones very quickly... might be hard with that when youre scrambling with a baby in one hand looking for a door.  reliable though and sexy as hell as far as guns go.

You ever see the Lenny Magill "move, shoot, live" defensive tactics videos?  Incredible stuff!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2007, 06:32:01 PM »

They need to blame someone because they ones responsible are dead , thats the problem with Americans , we don't like to take responsiblity for are own actions , if the parents didn't properly store the guns they are partly responsible but if they did its not their fault

newmom

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2007, 06:33:17 PM »
nope rob havent...pops gets nra magazine and princess does see his shotguns in his case but I tell her those are for adults. I grew up with a gun in the house and knew if I touched it I would never see the light of day again, my father would of choked me..so rob whats your take on the smoking ban

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2007, 06:42:32 PM »
first you cant smoke in public places,, then you cant smoke in bars,, then you cant smoke in your car.. you see where things are going. its not just smoking its everything.. little by little the liberal government wants to run every aspect of our lives..

conservative government= less government,less laws,,less restrictions,,more self responsibility
liberal government= more laws,more restrictions,,more government responsibility,, less self responsibility

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2007, 06:44:40 PM »
my own dad was a FFL, we had m16s and 1911s as household fixtures when growing up.  our cleveland basement actually had a full reload press and a shooting range built in there.  

smoking ban, i dunno... i think the right to smoke ends where the other person's nose starts... like, you should be able to smoke 24/7, tobacco, weed, crack, i don't care.  but the moment you ruin another person's right to smell the fresh air, there is the problem.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2007, 06:46:20 PM »
How could someone ever go and get pregnant when being a smoker?

And how could they ever continue smoke with the baby and all?

What kind of mother does that?  ::)

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2007, 06:49:33 PM »
I'm torn on this issue...  generally I'm very much opposed to government interfering in people's private lives, but on the other hand in this case there's a third party involved who doesn't have the ability to avoid the situation if they want to, namely the child.  Cigarette smoking is disgusting. When I was a child my father smoked, and often chain-smoked on long car trips. I would have been grateful if such a law had been on the books back then.

As far as the gun thing goes, that's an invalid analogy.  Guns are only a problem if they are misused, and we have a constitutional right to keep arms to protect ourselves. Cigarettes on the other hand are lethal and problematic when used as directed.
Ron: "I am lazy."