Author Topic: Training Journals  (Read 2188 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Training Journals
« on: January 22, 2007, 01:20:58 PM »
Howabout we make a child board just for training journals? that way all you guys that have your own logs (haider, caps, figgs etc) can have them there where they're easily found and not have to go through all regular posts... also that would encourage people to join you making their own journals. It will make it a lot easier to navigate, comment and check back from day to day on progress etc.

Lemme know what you think

Z

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
Re: Training Journals
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 06:43:00 PM »
I think its a good idea

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 10:34:31 AM »
Fantastic idea!!! MODS!!!
~

Your MAAAAaaaa

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • GETBIGS MINISTER OF SEXUAL HEALTH
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 11:35:12 AM »
Yes good idea!

ta ta
Pm me for STI advice @ NO COST

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 04:33:15 PM »
Sure, we wanna create a place where we can start our journals and not be cluttering up threads about training theory, but at the same time the threads will probably get zero views because of that. I think part of keeping a training journal is sharing your knowledge with other forum members, so making it sort of inaccesible to people(by making a child board) maybe a negative thing. I think once we can get enough people to keep training journals, it's definitely a good idea. Doing it before that may result in only a few people frequenting that child board.
follow the arrows

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 04:57:15 PM »
Sounds good. Go ahead and delete Figgs' while you're at it. I think I speak for everyone when I say we could care less about 110% INTENSITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEASTED!

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 02:01:05 PM »
HAHAHA are you saying that will all figg's intensity he still couldn't land a girl if he was the last dick on earth

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007, 05:26:18 PM »
bump for this.  good for motivation.  mods?  ron?
Deep Tissue Massage

D-bol

• Getbig IV
  • Its only hard if you make it hard.
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 05:23:16 AM »
Howabout we make a child board just for training journals? that way all you guys that have your own logs (haider, caps, figgs etc) can have them there where they're easily found and not have to go through all regular posts... also that would encourage people to join you making their own journals. It will make it a lot easier to navigate, comment and check back from day to day on progress etc.
Lemme know what you think

not wanting to trash anyone but imo journals are a bit lame...

dunno, I see the smallest, newbie-looking guys in the gym always writing shit down, while the big guys never do it...

maybe an american thing, i dunno...

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2007, 05:33:23 AM »
not wanting to trash anyone but imo journals are a bit lame...

dunno, I see the smallest, newbie-looking guys in the gym always writing shit down, while the big guys never do it...

maybe an american thing, i dunno...

I'm the only guy who keeps a note of what they are lifting in my gym. Not the smallest, not the biggest but perhaps the only person who trains legs with the same frequency and effort as their upper bodies...maybe the other guys just forget, they wouldn't if they had notebooks  :P

Seriously, I can't remember what I was lifting last week, how many reps I was doing, what exercises I was doing or in what order.  With my notebook I can see if I am getting a little bit stronger each week, each month etc. If not, there is something wrong!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2007, 08:29:15 AM »
I use a journal and I'm european  ;)

I guess it depends on how you train, but if you're working progressively with increasing weights or reps or whatever, it makes it easier to quickly find where you were at last time and adjust.
Z

D-bol

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2007, 09:42:06 PM »
but man, you dont need a journal to remember which weights u used last week compared to this week...I always know what poundages I use for which exercises and try to adjust accordingly

maybe for diets its purposefull...but if i'd write down what I eat and so I'd go nutz in a matter of weeks!

AVBG

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2007, 09:46:17 PM »
I trialled using a journal for the whole of 2006 and it really didn't assist me in any way.. If anything it was a pain to complete (writing info between sets ect)...

I think Serge Nubret when asked the question if he kept a journal answered it best (for me)..

No, because I have a very good memory for things that I love, and BBing is what I love the most.

Serge

D-bol

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2007, 09:47:46 PM »
exactly

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2007, 09:52:22 PM »
no way Id be able to remmebr every set, rep and weight for every exercise from week to week. Usually I do not forget the weight, but when it comes to reps, especially when I fall short on my goals, its hard to remember where exactly I left off. If you base your training purely around increasing your numbers I think a training journal is absolutely necessary.
follow the arrows

AVBG

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2007, 09:54:21 PM »
no way Id be able to remmebr every set, rep and weight for every exercise from week to week. Usually I do not forget the weight, but when it comes to reps, especially when I fall short on my goals, its hard to remember where exactly I left off. If you base your training purely around increasing your numbers I think a training journal is absolutely necessary.

seriously, if you remember the weight your throwing around, remembering the rep range wouldn't be too hard.. especially if you have been training for some time.. IMO

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2007, 09:58:21 PM »
seriously, if you remember the weight your throwing around, remembering the rep range wouldn't be too hard.. especially if you have been training for some time.. IMO
not just one set... I usually dont do more than 3 sets for an exercise, and in the case where I hit a different rep every set its hard to remember EXACTLY what reps I hit. I have to know EXACTLY where I left off.
follow the arrows

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2007, 04:43:12 AM »
Well my memory might not be as good as yours, but also you could make notes about how you feel, if you feel you can put on more poundages next time etc stuff like that. Also it can work for looking back after a number of months to see how you progressed, or if you done things wrong and should do things differently, or after a few years, it can be cool to see how far you gone.

But to each his own I guess  :)
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2007, 08:13:19 AM »
There is now a childboard for training journals. Post your training journals there. If you allready have one, let me know and I will move it there.

(the description of the training journal board would probably look better shortened, but for now let it stay so people find it and get informed, but it does take up a lot of space...)

:)
Z

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2007, 08:14:48 AM »
Bluto, don't take credit for my idea.  Lol  ;D

I think it will be good and it is only for that you guys will see your threads more than you would on here.  Enjoy

Thanks Ron for running with my idea.  ;D
Squishy face retard

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2007, 08:15:59 AM »
your idea? if you suggested it before i did i must've missed it. i've told ron to make one

Z

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2007, 08:17:54 AM »
your idea? if you suggested it before i did i must've missed it. i've told ron to make one

Lol...I was IMing him about it for a while and he PMed me that he put it up today and I am glad to mod it.  It's for all to enjoy.  Hope you come there too.
Squishy face retard

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2007, 08:26:01 AM »
Whatever.
Z

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2007, 08:30:37 AM »
Whatever.
Hmm...should I post the PM I sent him that is now the paragraph for the training log board?  Anyway, just let it drop and leave it at that and post there.  8)
Squishy face retard

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2007, 08:36:31 AM »
You brought it up by accusing me for taking credit for "your" idea. BTW - paragraph sucks and need to be fixed.
Z