Author Topic: Hey, Chick, I'd like to ask you this, regarding Kamali.  (Read 7543 times)

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
Re: Hey, Chick, I'd like to ask you this, regarding Kamali.
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2007, 11:41:41 AM »
Unfortunately son, the Bills for the CO Pro Am were paid in full, you musta missed the memo, since your barely out of school.
That being said, we signed on again for this year, you comin out?
Not only do you misrepresent the facts for being a so called scholar but it seems you dont even do your home work.
Dont come looking for a job from the good people at the CO PRO, remember to use a calculator, you wont make as many mistakes while Bean Counting ;D

I'll tell ya what bro, it feels good to keep "Mr.Shawn Ray" on the tip of his toes by somebody who supposedly misrepresent "facts" and so-called a "scholar". But i'm doing a heck of a job by making you put on your thinking cap to work. This is how much fun it is to.....

#

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2007, 11:46:06 AM »
EXACTLY!
TAMALI is great for the Publicity machine like ONLYME ;D

I just threw up a little in my mouth:
 :-[ :-\
K

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2007, 11:50:27 AM »
As short as I am, being on my toes is a full time job! ;D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2007, 11:55:09 AM »
Shawn,

When are we going to see the before and after pictures?

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2007, 11:55:39 AM »

I like and respect Keith, but that pic cracks me up everytime, classic.
tiny-tit bounty hunter

Chico_Holiday

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2007, 11:58:56 AM »
Bob, are you Catholic?

He's Italian.......do you even have to ask that question. LOL  ::)

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2007, 12:02:02 PM »
Shawn, how much of your superior build do you attribute to Vyotech back then...when the company wasn't around?

how can they use old pictures of yours to advertise current supplements? isn't that deceptive and possible nefarious?

Here comes the money shot

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2007, 12:05:12 PM »
Same way as any company chooses a spokesman to represent their company...actor's, athletes,celebrities,etc......

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2007, 12:05:50 PM »
As short as I am, being on my toes is a full time job! ;D

Sure as short as you are i'd rather have you dance like this for entertainment purposes dude  ;D
#

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2007, 12:18:30 PM »

I like and respect Keith, but that pic cracks me up everytime, classic.

I gotta tell ya I laugh too at that pic.  It had me looking many times at the face.  The face looks kinda like mine, but I am filipino and I have NO hair on my body except my arms (the german part).  But I love the "not real" pics Sean post of me.  Here is a REAL pic of our beloved Sean.  He is so cute and cuddly

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2007, 12:20:00 PM »
Let me ask Gaspari and Labrada who created their Companies and Products "AFTER" they finished their careers :o
As well, we can ask Cutler, Jackson, Alves, Dugdale, Coleman and the likes, how much the products from the companies who signed them AFTER they were Pro or Signed them away from other companies for more money, what the role of their products were even though they never used them prior to signing with them? :P
By the way, I'm the "SPOKESPERSON" for VYO TECH not a Sponsored Athlete as I have been retired from competition for going on 6 years! :-*

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2007, 12:20:33 PM »
Same way as any company chooses a spokesman to represent their company...actor's, athletes,celebrities,etc......

no, it's not the same.  a young girl who sees britney spears drinking pepsi in a t.v. commercial doesn't believe that if she drinks pepsi too she'll end up looking like britney.  on the other hand, when a kid (who's interested in bodybuilding) sees a heavily muscled bodybuilder in a bodybuilding supplement ad, it's logical for him to assume that there's some kind of correlation between the product being sold and the physique of the bodybuilder (that's being displayed) who is endorsing it.

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2007, 12:25:12 PM »
Joad, you poor kid, you'd better wake up if you think that is the assumption of the masses.
This is Professional BBing 101.
Me buying a $125.00 pair of Jordans because Michael endorsed them does not get me to thinking I'll be flying through the air like him.
However, i might be interested in buying a pair because it is the choice of Champions and I like him and want to support him.
It is not the same sales pitch in BBing because you see a guy sponsored by a company and their products that if I take what he takes, I'll look like him, there is a bit more to it.
Maybe if I buy a BUICK, I'll be like Tiger! ::)
D'oh!

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2007, 12:32:16 PM »
lol

I'll tell ya what bro, other than being a NATURAL lifter and EDUCATED not to mention i'm soon to graduate with my bachelor's in accounting and a follow up on my CPA then my Masters in finance, when the gov't aka the FBI comes knocking on your door for not paying off your taxes because of unpaid loans for your "Colorado Show" well guess who's gonna be knocking on your door and leave you with nothing other than fond memories of your monster glasses days pal?   ;D

Any btw Shawn, a good advice from me to you...."If you dont execute a business properly, the banks will hunt your ass down into the ground"

Happy New Years! 

;D
U must be a complete moron. I'll take it you are young and full of energy...slow down. And another thing...fuck off.

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2007, 12:33:58 PM »
Ahhhhhhhh, what he said!

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2007, 12:44:47 PM »
I gotta tell ya I laugh too at that pic.  It had me looking many times at the face.  The face looks kinda like mine, but I am filipino and I have NO hair on my body except my arms (the german part).  But I love the "not real" pics Sean post of me.  Here is a REAL pic of our beloved Sean.  He is so cute and cuddly

I think it's funnier when you personalize it like he did the picture of you.

tiny-tit bounty hunter

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2007, 12:52:15 PM »
Joad, you poor kid, you'd better wake up if you think that is the assumption of the masses.
Me buying a $125.00 pair of Jordans because Michael endorsed them does not get me to thinking I'll be flying through the air like him.
However, i might be interested in buying a pair because it is the choice of Champions and I like him and want to support him.
It is not the same sales pitch in BBing because you see a guy sponsored by a company and their products that if I take what he takes, I'll look like him, there is a bit more to it.
D'oh!

The majority of these naive kids who are buying the supplements don't even know who Shawn Ray is.  Nor do they care.  All they see is the photo of a very muscular and ripped black dude alongside a bodybuilding supplement.  And they make their purchase based on that image.  You give yourself too much credit if you think kids are buying a product because it's "the choice of Champion Shawn Ray" and because they "like you" and they "want to support you." haha  Oh, I forgot, you're Michael Jordan now.  ::)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2007, 03:03:27 PM »
D'oh!

Wow, did it take you long to put that together?  ::)

Your points aren't even remotely analogous. Supplements are intended to either make you a better bodybuilder or to help put muscle on the bodies of prospective bodybuilders and weightlifters. Clearly using pictures of you from your competition days instead of from today is meant to imply you used said supplements to help attain the level of muscularity you attained when you were competing. To state otherwise is disingenuous.

Also, since when did Buick start marketing their cars to people that want to improve their golf game? And when did sneaker advertisements start saying sneakers improve anyones basketball skills? Supplements are marketed as a way of improving the individual as a bodybuilder or weightlifter, your analogies stink.

bbinsider

• Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2007, 06:17:55 PM »
I've made Tamali a household name, for that he is eternally greatful. ;D
Thanks for the publicity KING!

I wouldn't consider Kamali a household name. Very few would appreciate his name, face and likeness entering thier home. His arrogance, ego, and physical appearance is an embarrassment to human athletism.
The BBinsider

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2007, 06:52:06 PM »
Wow, did it take you long to put that together?  ::)

Your points aren't even remotely analogous. Supplements are intended to either make you a better bodybuilder or to help put muscle on the bodies of prospective bodybuilders and weightlifters. Clearly using pictures of you from your competition days instead of from today is meant to imply you used said supplements to help attain the level of muscularity you attained when you were competing. To state otherwise is disingenuous.

Also, since when did Buick start marketing their cars to people that want to improve their golf game? And when did sneaker advertisements start saying sneakers improve anyones basketball skills? Supplements are marketed as a way of improving the individual as a bodybuilder or weightlifter, your analogies stink.

Your points are off base...

Using pictures from a spokesman's competitive days are not trying to imply that they used that companies supps....they werent even around when Shawn was competing. The point is that an athlete (shawn in this instance) has attained a certain status in the industry, and has lended their name to a company or a product as a way of putting their stamp of approval to said company...

No one (endorsed athlete included) is trying to give the impression "that if you take our products...you'll look like me..." Just that they will help you along the way and lend to achieving your goals.

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2007, 07:12:18 PM »
Schools out.
1st of all, I didn't know "Kids" were buying Supplements? Suggesting they must be buying the magazines too.
Kids sure make a lot of money these days, I wonder why i don't see "Kids" competing and walking around huge? :-\
I take it we are on the same page when we use the term "Kid" as someone who is prepubescent or below the age of 18 which is considered an adult. :-[
That being said, when I was a "Kid" I didn't buy magazines nor buy supplements based on who's in the ads since it wasn't until I was 18 to even understand who these people were and even then at that age you couldn't call me a "Kid"
So, who is getting ripped off again by false advertising?
Are you telling me that all the young girls out there who buy Revlon products, thinking because CHER is there Shampoo Spokeswoman that they will get the same results if they use the product? ???
Sadly, I say they probably wont but can try them as an alternative to what they currently use.
All those you kids who take Gaspari Nutrition or Labrada Nutrition after seeing these two former Pro's featured in their own ads, promoting their products that they never used during their careers that they too will look like them if they take it? :-[
Hell, I was given a Contract like many pro's before and after me, by a company based on how well I did in contests to represent them not because I used their products.  ::)
The companies wait until the athletes have a certain measure of success or marketability before they even consider signing these guys and even then, most of them continue doing what they did prior to signing because what they did worked just fine. :o
At the end of the day, Marketing 101 is how many of the top guys get paid.
I endorse the company and their products but boast no claims whatsoever, being that my job is that of Spokesperson and Marketing Director of Athlete Relations.
You silly boy! :-*
Just the facts ;D

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2007, 07:12:30 PM »
Your points are off base...

Using pictures from a spokesman's competitive days are not trying to imply that they used that companies supps....they werent even around when Shawn was competing. The point is that an athlete (shawn in this instance) has attained a certain status in the industry, and has lended their name to a company or a product as a way of putting their stamp of approval to said company...

No one (endorsed athlete included) is trying to give the impression "that if you take our products...you'll look like me..." Just that they will help you along the way and lend to achieving your goals.

Are you honestly saying that you believe showing pictures of Ray from when he was competing in the supplement company ads. doesn't give the impression that he used those supplements to help him reach his bodybuilding goals?

You can't be that naive. Or is that just industry rhetoric divised to excuse what is clearly being intimated.

Explain to me why current pictures of Ray aren't used in the ads? If the ads aren't meant to imply he used them when he was competing why use images from when he was competing?

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2007, 07:21:13 PM »
Schools out.
1st of all, I didn't know "Kids" were buying Supplements? Suggesting they must be buying the magazines too.
Kids sure make a lot of money these days, I wonder why i don't see "Kids" competing and walking around huge? :-\
I take it we are on the same page when we use the term "Kid" as someone who is prepubescent or below the age of 18 which is considered an adult. :-[
That being said, when I was a "Kid" I didn't buy magazines nor buy supplements based on who's in the ads since it wasn't until I was 18 to even understand who these people were and even then at that age you couldn't call me a "Kid"
So, who is getting ripped off again by false advertising?
All the young girls out there who by Revlon products thinking because CHER is there Shampoo girl that they will get the same results if they use the product?
All those you kids who take Gaspari Nutrition or Labrada Nutrition after seeing these two former Pro's featured in their own ads promoting products that they too will look like them if they take it?
Hell, I was given a Contract like many pro's before and after me by a company based on how well I did in contests to represent them not because I used their products. The companies wait until the athletes have a certain measure of success or marketability before they even consider signing these guys and even then, most of them continue doing what they did prior to signing because what they did work just fine.
At the end of the day, Marketing 101 is how many of the top guys get paid.
I endorse the company and their products but boast no claims whatsoever, being that my job is that of Spokesperson and Marketing Director of Athlete Relations.
You silly boy! :-*
Just the facts ;D

Well, at least you didn't use the Buick or Air Jordan analogy again.

You can rationalize all you want but the fact remains, when you use images from your competitive days in ads. to promote a supplement company it intimates that those supplements helped you when you competed.

Why not use current images in the ads?

You mentioned that you didn't know kids were buying supplements. Didn't a supplement company pay a young kid to appear at the Colorado show? You know, the kid whose father force fed him steroids when he was 7 years old. Are you ambiguous about the moral implications of that little representation as well?

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2007, 07:23:45 PM »
So, when a Former Athlete signs a contract with comany endorsing products after their careers are over, they should not show pictures or film of their competive days when they were at their peak?
I guess I am naive ::)
Better inform Haney, Gaspari/ Gaspari Nutrition, Labrada/ Labrada Nutrition, Gerard Dente/ MHP and all the other Cat's out there with false advertisment :'(

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2007, 07:31:33 PM »
Are you honestly saying that you believe showing pictures of Ray from when he was competing in the supplement company ads. doesn't give the impression that he used those supplements to help him reach his bodybuilding goals?

You can't be that naive. Or is that just industry rhetoric divised to excuse what is clearly being intimated.

Explain to me why current pictures of Ray aren't used in the ads? If the ads aren't meant to imply he used them when he was competing why use images from when he was competing?

Forget it, bro...you obviously dont get it and I dont have the time to explain it to you any more simple than I just did...