Author Topic: Lee Priest Vs. Arnold ! Who is the winner?  (Read 14019 times)

trab

• Getbig V
Re: Lee Priest Vs. Arnold ! Who is the winner?
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2007, 08:44:27 AM »
haha, and who would win out of Chris Dickerson and Flex Wheeler?

Flex, hands down. Barring complications. Anyone know if Flex had the smallest wrists and elbows of any dude
that size ever? His look was unreal.

genrommel74

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2007, 07:48:25 PM »
haha, and who would win out of Chris Dickerson and Flex Wheeler?
Once again you are comparing physiques from different times. ANd who would beaten arnold with expection of the 1980. 1970-75 who should have beaten arnold.

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2007, 02:53:39 PM »
Once again you are comparing physiques from different times. ANd who would beaten arnold with expection of the 1980. 1970-75 who should have beaten arnold.

What?

I'm saying that more Olymia titles does not mean you are better. The guy I quoted was claiming Arnold had 7 olympias, Lee has none so Arnold would win. I'm disagreeing.

As for what you actually typed, it's shit whatever it says, lol.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2007, 05:00:18 AM »
One word - legs. Actually two - legs and delts.

You didn't need remarkable legs or delts back in the day but now you do. Arnold would look skinny.

Exactly...look how much $hit they give Dennis wolf for not having calves.  Arnold couldn't touch the muscularity of Wolf let alone a stacked Lee Priest.

Different people different opinions.  Judged by todays standards Priest all they way, by the 70's standard Arnold.  The world was infatuated with him.  Back then it was more of a contest for second place.
\

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2007, 12:01:49 PM »
just thought i'd weigh in, but it's two different eras, it's impossible to compare.  It's like comparing Wilt Chamberlain to Shaq - on one hand wilt dominated stats wise much more than shaq, but on the other the competition is much harder now with guys of more height, than what was around back in the day. Does that make Shaq better than Wilt or vice versa? No because neither was given the same opportunities as the other or same opponents as the other. 
Same with Lee and Arnold, Arnold's physique was built for the judging style of that era, Lee's is built for the judging style of this era, and example being legs are a much more important part than they were back then, same with shredded glutes and hams. 
It's pretty pointless IMO to even bother arguing about comparing them just accept that both have great physiques for their respective eras and leave it at that.  You would be much better off comparing Lee to a modern day counterpart and Arnold to one of his era. 
Abandon every hope...

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2007, 12:13:22 PM »

2 completely different thing

if awwwnold could compete with lee now, it's Arnold all the way (with todays training and cycles)
are you delusional?

jason_deluxe

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2007, 07:47:16 PM »
This is possibly the most inane thread on getbig (no mean feat). Whoever posted it should be bitch slapped for mentioning lee "also ran" priest with arguably the greatest bodybuilder of all time.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2007, 11:00:55 AM »
This is possibly the most inane thread on getbig (no mean feat). Whoever posted it should be bitch slapped for mentioning lee "also ran" priest with arguably the greatest bodybuilder of all time.

Bullshit. Its like comparing a 1970s FI race car to present day.
Arnie had no legs by todays standard. It could be argued he held back standards for leg development w/ the
nonsensical idea they can be "Overdeveloped"  ::) Ha! What crap.

Lee and Sergio hold the standard for guns.
Although Lee's wheels aint up to level of many todays pro BBers, at least he HAS legs...
Quit venerating Schwartzenager. He had his time in the BBing spotlight. Get real and move on.

Gym dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2007, 07:37:38 PM »
I would pick Aronald to beat Lee Priest.

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2008, 02:00:59 PM »
I would pick Aronald to beat Lee Priest.

This Aronald guy must be a beast.

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2008, 07:00:16 PM »
   Lee who?................oh yeah the midget.
h

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2008, 07:14:47 PM »
Arnold..............5 time Mr Universe Mr World and 7 time Mr Olympia. Multi Millionaire by 1975 before his superstardome. Major success is all he touches. Worth over 1 billion dollars and the Govoner of California. The inspiration to all bodybuilders, simply look at a barbell and pick it up and just say it........."Arnold!"  but go ahead.........try to compare some 3rd tier bodybuilder to the legend. After all Arnold's greatness is so great that is why people born after his bodybuilding career are trying to compare new guys to him. You cannot erase the past by setting up a contest that will never be. Fact is if Arnold trained today and was the same guy only in his prime he would still do today what he did near 40 years ago.............clean house.

h

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2008, 12:00:20 PM »
There's a great pic of him from that same series up in Golds in Venice in the front room, I always look at it when I'm going ATG squats  for some inspiration =)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2008, 01:21:21 PM »
Arnold..............5 time Mr Universe Mr World and 7 time Mr Olympia. Multi Millionaire by 1975 before his superstardome. Major success is all he touches. Worth over 1 billion dollars and the Govoner of California.

Yes, it seems that Arnie has been successful in all his endeavors, and more successful than anyone else would ever have been in those same situations.

For instance, Lee could never do Kindergarten Cop.
The kids would dwarf him.

Mark1

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2008, 08:57:39 PM »
Arnold..............5 time Mr Universe Mr World and 7 time Mr Olympia. Multi Millionaire by 1975 before his superstardome. Major success is all he touches. Worth over 1 billion dollars and the Govoner of California. The inspiration to all bodybuilders, simply look at a barbell and pick it up and just say it........."Arnold!"  but go ahead.........try to compare some 3rd tier bodybuilder to the legend. After all Arnold's greatness is so great that is why people born after his bodybuilding career are trying to compare new guys to him. You cannot erase the past by setting up a contest that will never be. Fact is if Arnold trained today and was the same guy only in his prime he would still do today what he did near 40 years ago.............clean house.

Good post, he did what he needed to do to win.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2008, 11:28:55 AM »
Multi Millionaire by 1975 before his superstardome.

Where did his wealth come from at that stage?

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2008, 11:52:22 AM »
Where did his wealth come from at that stage?

He was a boy toy for wealthy gay men, at least that's the rumor.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2008, 12:51:42 PM »
Shit.
I’d never heard that rumor.

I once read that he is the first US civilian to own a Hummer.
Although it now sounds as if his first encounter with a hummer may predate his automotive accolades.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2008, 01:22:04 PM »
Shit.
I’d never heard that rumor.
I once read that he is the first US civilian to own a Hummer.
Although it now sounds as if his first encounter with a hummer may predate his automotive accolades.

Yea it's pretty likely from what I've read.  He came to the states with no money  yet somehow he managed to start buying up property all over Venice.  There were several wealthy gay men whom he hung around, all of which are dead now, so it's been rumored that's where the source of his initial money came from.

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2008, 07:24:51 PM »
I find any of these accusations highly unlikely. He worked for Joe Weider. Joe gave him everything even his first business connections. Arnold sold t-shirts with his likeness and name on them and also sold training manuals back in the day. I remember this from that time, I lived in central California and some of the guys on the block where buying into his training manuals. So it is possible that he was able to wheel and deal his own money without sucking cock.
   Arnold once walked into jewelry a store in Manhatten and talked the proprietor to give him a Rolex watch, simply because he would be advertising it by wearing it. The man was a born salesman.
h

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2008, 07:41:58 PM »
Well I honestly wouldn't put it past him, he did whatever it took to get shit done.   But who knows, it's all just rumors anyway and he'll never come out and say "Yes, I inserted mens penis' into my mouth for money" so we'll never know =)

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2008, 05:19:00 AM »
What would be interesting is two photos, side by side. One of Arnold and Lee (photos must be identical in scale).

A comparison of this type would be very interesting.