Author Topic: DISGUSTED: Bodybuilding Guru?  (Read 53288 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: DISGUSTED-----------OBVIOUSLY THE MOST EDUCATED "GURU".
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2007, 12:36:07 AM »
Can you get any dumber than that?!

People throw these "classifications" and never stop to realize that there is no such thing as an EndoMorph.

If someone were to stay ripped year round, 3-5 percent Bodyfat, which ANYONE can do would he cease to be an EndoMorph?

MythBusted.  There is no such thing as an EndoMorph.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2007, 12:38:58 AM »
I remember that they called Dave Draper and endomorph early in his carreer. He's been lean now for about the last 30 years. So he must have found a way to "change" his body type.  ;D

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2007, 12:41:17 AM »
The difference is that the ectomorph wont have to diet too hard and train too much to mantain  a single digit bf, however the endomorph will have to bust his ass in the gym and if he adds a few extra calories he'll gain afew lbs in no time

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2007, 12:57:54 AM »
Disgusted, can you share with us what you are doing with Kamali to "fix" the onset of his Paloumboism? It seems minor now, but is it reversable? I thought it was from GH/slin primarily -- and once your internal organs got bigger and your muscles burnt, that's it for you. ie. not reversable.

...just curious since it seems to be a widespread problem that's getting worse each year.

In all seriousness, you are assuming that all this stomach distention is from organ growth and that is not possible. Don't debate me on this as I have consulted many Dr's about this even though I knew it was not possible anyway. It is caused by viceral fat from too much insulin usage. Palumboism is just a word that someone made up so it hardly classifies as a condition. As I said before, King has stayed lean this time so his gut is about the same size now than when he was onstage. All that can happen now is for it to get smaller from dieting.

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2007, 12:59:44 AM »
The BodyTypes, Endo, Ecto and Meso are a total bullshit and Mythical classification.

I find it hillarious that they are in fact, actually trying to label "bodytypes" when it is actually just differing bone structures.

You are ridiculous , man ....What's next ?! ...you are gonna call bullshit on the muscle fibres types maybe? ::)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2007, 01:22:28 AM »
It is caused by viceral fat from too much insulin usage.

So you're saying that when dieting, it is possible to get subcutaneous fat down to practically nothing while still retaining Kamali-level visceral fat?   :-\

What would cause the body to preferentially burn fat in this manner, and what's the solution, further dieting until the visceral fat is burned too?
Ron: "I am lazy."

ThePassion

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2007, 01:27:28 AM »
I definetely have to agree with you bro that a workout should last no longer than 40 minutes, because in all honesty 90% of the time, I'm totally spent after the first 30 minutes. I personally believe in a higher intensity style of training, perfect form, and letting the muscles doing the work, and not worrrying about weight.

What are your views on high intensity training.

I have done it all when it comes to training and I mean ALL!!! I the end I believe in a higher volume type workout. Say 15 to 20 sets on average sometimes more, sometimes less. I do between 12 to 20 reps for legs and sometimes up to 50. Upper body around 12 reps. Workout should last no longer than 40 min on average.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2007, 01:41:04 AM »
So you're saying that when dieting, it is possible to get subcutaneous fat down to practically nothing while still retaining Kamali-level visceral fat?   :-\

What would cause the body to preferentially burn fat in this manner, and what's the solution, further dieting until the visceral fat is burned too?

Good question. When you stimulate the pancreas to produce insulin or are taking insulin you are stimulating your body to store viceral fat. You've seen the fat guys with stomachs that are hard as a rock but have virtually no fat on the outside of their stomach. They look like they have swallowed a watermelon. These guys are carb eating machines. If they cut down on carbs then the viceral fat will start to leave. Now with BBs, these guys are almost always taking insulin all the way up to the show. Their body never lets go of the viceral fat because they are constantly stimulating their body to store it. Organ fat is always the last to leave.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2007, 01:44:10 AM »
Organ fat is always the last to leave.
Actually, visceral fat is the first to leave in a dieting situation. Don't know if things change with the drugs but in a drug free person the visceral fat is among the first to go.

I think a lot of the stomach bloat is from intestinal water retention (from GH).

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2007, 01:49:32 AM »
Actually, visceral fat is the first to leave in a dieting situation. Don't know if things change with the drugs but in a drug free person the visceral fat is among the first to go.

I think a lot of the stomach bloat is from intestinal water retention (from GH).

You're right, but not when you restimulate storage with insluin, There is a good article on visceral fat in the months Discover mag where it states just what you have said.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2007, 02:16:33 AM »
I feel that when my rest between sets is 1 minute on average I get enough "cardio."

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Failure is not an option, train hard, get big.
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2007, 03:38:00 AM »
Can you please post your disagreement where someone might take your side and care...none of the real competitors will fight you, but that leaves 98% of the rest of the guys on Getbig.com.I toltally agre with you, but thT MAKES YOU POISON, since I'm an actual National competitor...deal with these ass licks if you want, Alex23 is has immuity...

Zwier

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2007, 03:42:46 AM »
Disgusted, you are talking about getting to fat off season.. What is your vieuw on off season diet to add mass without adding fat ? Are your callories just above normal ? Whats your vieuw on carbs fats off season ?

bbinsider

• Getbig II
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2007, 06:37:58 AM »
In all seriousness, you are assuming that all this stomach distention is from organ growth and that is not possible. Don't debate me on this as I have consulted many Dr's about this even though I knew it was not possible anyway. It is caused by viceral fat from too much insulin usage. Palumboism is just a word that someone made up so it hardly classifies as a condition. As I said before, King has stayed lean this time so his gut is about the same size now than when he was onstage. All that can happen now is for it to get smaller from dieting.

This is where you lose me Disgusted.  Next?
The BBinsider

Stavios

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2007, 06:40:27 AM »
MAKE THIS THREAD A STICKY !!!

I have always tought Disgusted was incredibly knowledgeable tho, I didn't need the approval of Adam to think that way  ;) ;)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2007, 06:58:09 AM »
Good question. When you stimulate the pancreas to produce insulin or are taking insulin you are stimulating your body to store viceral fat. You've seen the fat guys with stomachs that are hard as a rock but have virtually no fat on the outside of their stomach. They look like they have swallowed a watermelon. These guys are carb eating machines. If they cut down on carbs then the viceral fat will start to leave. Now with BBs, these guys are almost always taking insulin all the way up to the show. Their body never lets go of the viceral fat because they are constantly stimulating their body to store it. Organ fat is always the last to leave.

Yes but certian hormones are known to cause growth specifically in certian areas, or at least certian areas (organs) have more receptors for different hormones. Makes me think of how testosterone affects the prostate.  Elevated IGF-1 is responsible for growth of the intestines, leading to some of this "GH gut"

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=14708941&dopt=Abstract

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=1917575&dopt=Abstract

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2007, 07:21:33 AM »

interesting read on visceral fat

http://www.womenfitness.net/visceral_fat.htm

"Once adipocytes get the signal from hormones and release fat into the bloodstream, they shrink just like a balloon that you let air out of. When they shrink, so does your body fat. But if you eat excess fat once you’ve shrunk your adipocytes, chances are it will find its way right back to the adipocyte, and once again you’ll gain fat.

No matter how much physical activity you do, adipocytes never shrink so much that they disappear entirely. Like a balloon that you let all the air out of, you’re always left with some remnant. The only way to totally remove adipocytes from your body is with a surgical procedure such as liposuction or excision. But even with these procedures, if you go back to eating excess fat, you’ll put all the fat back on."
Here comes the money shot

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2007, 07:35:29 AM »
The BodyTypes, Endo, Ecto and Meso are a total bullshit and Mythical classification.

I find it hillarious that they are in fact, actually trying to label "bodytypes" when it is actually just differing bone structures.

"BodyTypes" lol.... Its called Somatotype

troponin

• Getbig III
  • www.troponinnutrition.com
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2007, 07:44:04 AM »

How do the bone structures differ?  Do they differ in density, or just size and proportion?  What physiological processes are at work either in utero or during adolescence growth and development that create this differing bone structure? 

Are ther hormonal variances? 

How could the differing bone structures potentially predispose or predetermine your anatomical appearance?
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2007, 07:45:58 AM »
How do the bone structures differ?  Do they differ in density, or just size and proportion?  What physiological processes are at work either in utero or during adolescence growth and development that create this differing bone structure? 

Are ther hormonal variances? 

How could the differing bone structures potentially predispose or predetermine your anatomical appearance?

You lost me at "utero"... BTW how's the filming going?

troponin

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2007, 07:51:33 AM »
You lost me at "utero"... BTW how's the filming going?

Finished yesterday. 

I think we have some good lifts.
Workout 1 has:
605x6
550x10
405x20 all on squats, and
500x6 on front squats

Our back workout has:
635x5 and 500x12 on deads

We have 225 for a rest pause set of clean and press (hang cleans)
We have 350 for 15 total reps of rest pause

A nutritional segment that was about 1 hour long (not sure how long it will be on the DVD)
and some fun stuff with my family, interviews, etc.
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2007, 07:54:45 AM »
Finished yesterday. 

I think we have some good lifts.
Workout 1 has:
605x6
550x10
405x20 all on squats, and
500x6 on front squats

Our back workout has:
635x5 and 500x12 on deads

We have 225 for a rest pause set of clean and press (hang cleans)
We have 350 for 15 total reps of rest pause

A nutritional segment that was about 1 hour long (not sure how long it will be on the DVD)
and some fun stuff with my family, interviews, etc.

so you'll be selling it at the AC...how much?
nasser=piece of shit

cheeksmaliod

• Getbig II
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2007, 07:59:22 AM »
All this talk about different types of fat and all these people saying oh disguisting your a genuis, please a fifth grader could tell you that Kamila's problem was that hes to fat in the offseason.  Oh and I suppose that Cardio doesn't burn fat now also well don't that to the millions of people that have lost substanial amounts of weight doing cardio.  You boys will never cease to amaze me, better hope you don't find a "study" that claims that donkey piss will get you ripped.

troponin

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2007, 08:05:37 AM »
so you'll be selling it at the AC...how much?

I'm not sure yet.  I want to keep the initial price down though.  So, I'm hoping to sell it at a discount at the Arnold.
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2007, 08:08:32 AM »

Wow. Finally a straight answer from a knowledgeable person about "guts".