Author Topic: DISGUSTED: Bodybuilding Guru?  (Read 53285 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
DISGUSTED: Bodybuilding Guru?
« on: January 27, 2007, 10:48:32 PM »

Disgusted,  can you tell us a bit about yourself.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Re: DISGUSTED-----------OBVIOUSLY THE MOST EDUCATED "GURU".
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 10:50:35 PM »
I find myself and "Disgusted" agreeing on just about everything in regards to bodybuilding and diet.

Keep up the fantastic work at destroying these myths.

Thanks bro, what is it that you would like to know.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 10:52:38 PM »
Mutual "appreciation" thread?
!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 10:53:25 PM »
Thanks bro, what is it that you would like to know.

Anything you want to add.

Compile a short bio.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 11:04:43 PM »
Fagnois,how does Disgusted butthole taste....you know since your tongue is deeeeep inside.... >:(

getfast81

• Getbig III
  • Borat is for the weak................
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 11:08:39 PM »
I find myself and "Disgusted" agreeing on just about everything in regards to bodybuilding and diet.

Keep up the fantastic work at destroying these myths.
He agrees with you on cardio and you start some kind of bonding thread?  It is late bro, but come on. Seriously?
Truly STOP WHINING

The Heckler

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 11:12:13 PM »
Fagnois,how does Disgusted butthole taste....you know since your tongue is deeeeep inside.... >:(

Why are we not surprised to see you exhibit, yet again, a fascination with homosexual acts?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007, 11:13:32 PM »
Well, I've been training people for probably close to 20 years and have been in the game longer than that. My methods are somewhat controversial. As far back as the 80's even some of my workout buddies laughed at some of my methods but they stopped when they saw some of the people that started winning shows.

For example, so many people think that cardio is a must to get ripped. This is not always so. I do have people use it, but most of the time it is because mentally they feel the need. Personally I think that it is a waste of freaking energy that time could  be well spent recovering from a hard workout. Also, people tend to get way too fat in the offseason. They also don't realize that they are burning plenty of calories by working out, assuming that they are not standing around wasting time between sets. Most people wait too long between sets anyway. If you just busted your ass working out for 45 min why in the hell do some feel the need to walk into oblivion on the treamill for another 30-60 min and run your body further into the ground? Like I said, I do use it sometimes, but in reality it is not needed to get ripped.

The Heckler

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2007, 11:14:45 PM »
Well, I've been training people for probably close to 20 years and have been in the game longer than that. My methods are somewhat controversial. As far back as the 80's even some of my workout buddies laughed at some of my methods but they stopped when they saw some of the people that started winning shows.

For example, so many people think that cardio is a must to get ripped. This is not always so. I do have people use it, but most of the time it is because mentally they feel the need. Personally I think that it is a waste of freaking energy that time could  be well spent recovering from a hard workout. Also, people tend to get way too fat in the offseason. They also don't realize that they are burning plenty of calories by working out, assuming that they are not standing around wasting time between sets. Most people wait too long between sets anyway. If you just busted your ass working out for 45 min why in the hell do some feel the need to walk into oblivion on the treamill for another 30-60 min and run your body further into the ground? Like I said, I do use it sometimes, but in reality it is not needed to get ripped.

Perfectly stated.

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2007, 11:17:51 PM »
for all bodytypes?..... endo included, clients with slower metabolism. If methods are so effective then why don't most people use them.
-

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2007, 11:18:13 PM »
Adonis, you keep dodging the question: When are you gonna fight DA?

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2007, 11:21:52 PM »
Adonis, you keep dodging the question: When are you gonna fight DA?
It was scheduled by Dave Palumbo for January, 2007 so it should be anytime soon

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2007, 11:23:22 PM »
for all bodytypes?..... endo included, clients with slower metabolism. If methods are so effective then why don't most people use them.

I'll give you an example of a time that I used cardio. I had a guy come to me about 20 weeks out from a show. He had cellulite on the back of his hamstrings and ass. This guy was pretty fat. He wanted to know if he could get ripped for his show. I honestly did not know if I could get him into shape. With this case I had to pull out all the stops and use everthing that I could to get him lean. He went from 280 to I believe 212. He didn't gain any muscle while dieting but he didn't lose any either. He ended up pretty damn lean with veins in his abs. If someone is way behind schedule then sometimes you have no choice but to throw in everything that you can. Oh and BTW I have NEVER used DNP on anybody and NEVER will.

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2007, 11:25:53 PM »
Anyone that competed in the early to mid 80's knows that cardio wasn't even spoken about...and guys were shredded.  At 16, with ZERO drugs, zero cardio and simply a very tight 12 week diet and two-1-2 hour training sessions /day, I was ripped with striated quads.  Today, with cardio and the drugsI rarely see striations on even national level guys.  Bodybuilding is nothing like it was in the 80's...Little effort is needed to be a bodybuilder today.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2007, 11:28:57 PM »
Anyone that competed in the early to mid 80's knows that cardio wasn't even spoken about...and guys were shredded.  At 16, with ZERO drugs, zero cardio and simply a very tight 12 week diet and 2-2 hour training sessions /day, I was ripped with striated quads.  Today, with cardio, drugs and 35 year old guys I rarely see striations on even national level guys.  Bodybuilding is nothing like it was in the 80's...Little effort is needed to be a bodybuilder today.

Correct bro. I miss the 80's  :'(

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2007, 11:31:27 PM »
So do I, Disgusted, so do I.  I also give you props after what you were able to do with Kamali last year....Even with all his experience he was able to let go of all he knew and allow you to help him and it worked.  Good luck.

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Failure is not an option, train hard, get big.
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2007, 11:32:45 PM »
I'll give you an example of a time that I used cardio. I had a guy come to me about 20 weeks out from a show. He had cellulite on the back of his hamstrings and ass. This guy was pretty fat. He wanted to know if he could get ripped for his show. I honestly did not know if I could get him into shape. With this case I had to pull out all the stops and use everthing that I could to get him lean. He went from 280 to I believe 212. He didn't gain any muscle while dieting but he didn't lose any either. He ended up pretty damn lean with veins in his abs. If someone is way behind schedule then sometimes you have no choice but to throw in everything that you can. Oh and BTW I have NEVER used DNP on anybody and NEVER will.
That's a great stance to take. I myself have been accused of everything, I've been called all sorts of names but you know what? wHAT THESE ASSHOLES ON THIS SITE SAY, MEAN NOTHING.  Most of these guys have never competed ,and are not certified as personal trainers. If you want to talk to an actual National level competitor who has a BS in Health and Human Performance, minors in Nutrition and Psychology, PM me.

ThePassion

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2007, 11:33:22 PM »
I agree Disgusted is VERY knowledgeable.

Disgusted, I have a question. Are you a volume guy  or do you use different methods for different people and different occassions?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2007, 11:33:47 PM »
So do I, Disgusted, so do I.  I also give you props after what you were able to do with Kamali last year....Even with all his experience he was able to let go of all he knew and allow you to help him and it worked.  Good luck.

Thanks! Gonna try to do it again, this time on a bigger scale. You going to the AC?

The Heckler

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2007, 11:35:54 PM »
Disgusted--a serious question.

Let's say a certain "female" competitor ("buffgoddess") is having difficulty losing fat from "her" she-penis...could you recommend a routine to help out?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2007, 11:38:00 PM »
I agree Disgusted is VERY knowledgeable.

Disgusted, I have a question. Are you a volume guy  or do you use different methods for different people and different occassions?

I have done it all when it comes to training and I mean ALL!!! I the end I believe in a higher volume type workout. Say 15 to 20 sets on average sometimes more, sometimes less. I do between 12 to 20 reps for legs and sometimes up to 50. Upper body around 12 reps. Workout should last no longer than 40 min on average.

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Failure is not an option, train hard, get big.
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2007, 11:59:52 PM »
Disgusted--a serious question.

Let's say a certain "female" competitor ("buffgoddess") is having difficulty losing fat from "her" she-penis...could you recommend a routine to help out?
Would you quit annoying people with your" juvenile genetalia fixation  problems?" Their time is valuable, unlike yours...

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2007, 12:14:53 AM »
disgusted in my opinion has always been a good contributer to this board. unlike other people in the industry....
real men= no rubbers

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2007, 12:20:47 AM »
The BodyTypes, Endo, Ecto and Meso are a total bullshit and Mythical classification.

I find it hillarious that they are in fact, actually trying to label "bodytypes" when it is actually just differing bone structures.

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2007, 12:30:13 AM »
The BodyTypes, Endo, Ecto and Meso are a total bullshit and Mythical classification.

I find it hillarious that they are in fact, actually trying to label "bodytypes" when it is actually just differing bone structures.

Can you get any dumber than that?!