Author Topic: DISGUSTED: Bodybuilding Guru?  (Read 53287 times)

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
Re: DISGUSTED-----------OBVIOUSLY THE MOST EDUCATED "GURU".
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2007, 09:30:49 AM »
about the cardio thing,,

NOT NEEDED IF YOU JUST TRY TO GET CUT/RIPPED LOOK. if you prep for comp i would use cardio for a limited period of time (walking threadmil never  running) ,,i do it,,chris did it,, ray did it,,labrada did it,,all could get ripped with out it yet done pre competition for limited time.

as a general rule,,if you truly are a serious lifter in decent shape at ~13%bf,,you can take  anavar at 100mg a day (220lb lifter) for about 12 weeks and  get down to ~7% with zero cardio and zero other products but food,,
try it you will like
fallen angel

Mydavid

• Getbig V
  • thankd dweetir :)
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2007, 09:35:34 AM »
No way!!

usually BB "GURU" has small muscle but he dwarfs Tamali.
usually BB "GURU" doing force client in the Insulin race but he doesn't.
One of the best BB "GURU" has three car include two luxury model and two big house but I don't know he has.
Best    BB "GURU" fried out many client kidney but he doesn't.  ;D ;D

This post confuses me...can someone explain?

Lisa

Stavios

« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2007, 09:40:33 AM »
Question to Disgusted !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what is the best way in your opinion to bring up a lagging bodypart ( arms in my case)

they are barely 17 inches and they look like 14 due to their poor shape, so I think I'd have to get them to at least 19 inches so it can be symmetrical with my other bodyparts

any ideas ?
thank !

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2007, 09:44:54 AM »

what is the best way in your opinion to bring up a lagging bodypart ( arms in my case)

they are barely 17 inches and they look like 14 due to their poor shape, so I think I'd have to get them to at least 19 inches so it can be symmetrical with my other bodyparts

any ideas ?
thank !
train biceps and triceps on the same day and put some blood in those bad boys.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2007, 09:45:15 AM »
about the cardio thing,,

NOT NEEDED IF YOU JUST TRY TO GET CUT/RIPPED LOOK. if you prep for comp i would use cardio for a limited period of time (walking threadmil never  running) ,,i do it,,chris did it,, ray did it,,labrada did it,,all could get ripped with out it yet done pre competition for limited time.

as a general rule,,if you truly are a serious lifter in decent shape at ~13%bf,,you can take  anavar at 100mg a day (220lb lifter) for about 12 weeks and  get down to ~7% with zero cardio and zero other products but food,,
try it you will like
How would we change our diets to do that kind of drop?
Squishy face retard

Stavios

« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2007, 09:47:58 AM »
train biceps and triceps on the same day and put some blood in those bad boys.

lately I have been hitting them on the same day plus I train biceps at the end of the back workout and I train triceps after my shoulder workout too

I am getting a little desesperate

maybe I should go the Palumbo way and only do cable mouvements for my arms  ;D

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2007, 09:50:20 AM »
lately I have been hitting them on the same day plus I train biceps at the end of the back workout and I train triceps after my shoulder workout too

Is that really what he does?  He does have pretty decent size arms.
Squishy face retard

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2007, 09:51:15 AM »

you're doing too much for them then, just do one direct bicep and tricep workout per week, close grip benches, overhead bb extensions and pushdowns for tri's and barbell curls, db curls and one arm preachers for bi's.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2007, 09:51:46 AM »
about the cardio thing,,

try it you will like

100mg var/day....... pricey!

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2007, 10:04:48 AM »

i used to have the same problem.....until a national level competitor pointed out how much i was overtraining them. when you do chest you hit tris, same with shoulders, so they need proper time to recover. find the perfect place for them in your split and they will grow.
-

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2007, 10:06:04 AM »
make a sticky
-

Stavios

« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2007, 10:07:02 AM »
thanks guys !
I'll work them less frequently then

unfortunatly, they will still have that poor muscle shape  :-\ it is fucking weird cause they look bigger when I don't flex them

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2007, 10:07:36 AM »
I do agree on less cardio approach for some. Vince Gironda, preached that one of the 10 rules for his gym was that if you want to get shredded you don't do cardio.

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2007, 10:41:21 AM »
i used to have the same problem.....until a national level competitor pointed out how much i was overtraining them. when you do chest you hit tris, same with shoulders, so they need proper time to recover. find the perfect place for them in your split and they will grow.

i agree here, i never understood why people do tris with chest or back with bis, thats overtraining for me.

bis and tris on the same day only, sometimes superset them.
are you delusional?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2007, 10:51:57 AM »

any ideas ?
thank !

Unfortunately we are born with our muscle shape. Making a muscle larger will improve upon the "appearance" and make them "look" like they have have a better peak or your bicep now has a longer look to it. When someone is natural they can only get so big. Their lagging bodypart will not show as much improvment obviously as the rest of their body. There is no magical routine either BUT there are smarter ways that you can improve upon your training. Post your arm workout if you like and I will see if I can improve upon it.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2007, 11:00:21 AM »
Yes but certian hormones are known to cause growth specifically in certian areas, or at least certian areas (organs) have more receptors for different hormones. Makes me think of how testosterone affects the prostate.  Elevated IGF-1 is responsible for growth of the intestines, leading to some of this "GH gut"

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=14708941&dopt=Abstract

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=1917575&dopt=Abstract

Thanks for the links. I am always interested to read this type of stuff. One thing that I think most people tend to not "see" is that these guts that some guys have are not in the lower portion of the abs so much as in the middle and their obliques are distended too. It is also a very symmetrical distention. If it were the intestines then it would not be so symmetrical but rather a lumpy and I'm sure a very gross type of bulging. In other words one side would not match the other. Also when an organ stretches and increases in size it does not function properly. This point is key since it would very quickly cause severe health problems that we are obviously not seeing in BBers.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2007, 11:08:21 AM »
All this talk about different types of fat and all these people saying oh disguisting your a genuis, please a fifth grader could tell you that Kamila's problem was that hes to fat in the offseason.  Oh and I suppose that Cardio doesn't burn fat now also well don't that to the millions of people that have lost substanial amounts of weight doing cardio.  You boys will never cease to amaze me, better hope you don't find a "study" that claims that donkey piss will get you ripped.

Of course cardio can burn fat but it is not so efficient at doing so. When you talk about the millions of people I will assume that you are talking about the general population since there are not that many BBers on the planet. I would love to know who these millions are that have lost all this substantial weight you speak of. Millions of people do walk on the treadmill everyday and have for years and I keep seeing the same fat people continuing to walk their way to nowhere every year. THESE PEOPLE DID NOT GET FAT BECAUSE OF THEIR LACK OF TREADMILL WALKING! THEY GOT FAT BECAUSE THEY ATE TOO MUCH CRAP FOOD!!!!

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2007, 11:17:01 AM »
Of course cardio can burn fat but it is not so efficient at doing so. When you talk about the millions of people I will assume that you are talking about the general population since there are not that many BBers on the planet. I would love to know who these millions are that have lost all this substantial weight you speak of. Millions of people do walk on the treadmill everyday and have for years and I keep seeing the same fat people continuing to walk their way to nowhere every year. THESE PEOPLE DID NOT GET FAT BECAUSE OF THEIR LACK OF TREADMILL WALKING! THEY GOT FAT BECAUSE THEY ATE TOO MUCH CRAP FOOD!!!!
agreed.

The best thing for average people to get lean is to do an intense (not heavy that is relative to the person) weights routine and eat less refined food...

low intensity cardio does jack sh!t if they are eating loads of sugar/refined carbs.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2007, 11:17:25 AM »
Disgusted..great thread..keep posting on this topic

Has anyone from the coleman camp contacted you? I would love to see what you can with him.
Here comes the money shot

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2007, 11:28:56 AM »
Disgusted..great thread..keep posting on this topic

Has anyone from the coleman camp contacted you? I would love to see what you can with him.
Jim would fix up his posing for one goddamn he is terrible now!

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2007, 11:36:59 AM »
about the cardio thing,,

try it you will like

GH, you make more sense when you talk as a pimp about gang bangin' chicks
Here comes the money shot

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2007, 11:39:01 AM »
Well, I've been training people for probably close to 20 years and have been in the game longer than that. My methods are somewhat controversial. As far back as the 80's even some of my workout buddies laughed at some of my methods but they stopped when they saw some of the people that started winning shows.

For example, so many people think that cardio is a must to get ripped. This is not always so. I do have people use it, but most of the time it is because mentally they feel the need. Personally I think that it is a waste of freaking energy that time could  be well spent recovering from a hard workout. Also, people tend to get way too fat in the offseason. They also don't realize that they are burning plenty of calories by working out, assuming that they are not standing around wasting time between sets. Most people wait too long between sets anyway. If you just busted your ass working out for 45 min why in the hell do some feel the need to walk into oblivion on the treamill for another 30-60 min and run your body further into the ground? Like I said, I do use it sometimes, but in reality it is not needed to get ripped.

Poliquin has the same philosophy when it comes to cardio, I personally don't believe in cardio for long periods of time (60-90mins) and I've heard some people have gone as long as 2 hours and that IMO is a waste, I have always preferred intense interval sessions consisting of 30-40min tops, studies have shown that intense interval sessions burn much more than long slow cardio sessions!

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2007, 11:42:39 AM »

that is a great thread, keep it coming, finally!!!
are you delusional?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2007, 12:01:31 PM »
How do the bone structures differ?  Do they differ in density, or just size and proportion?  What physiological processes are at work either in utero or during adolescence growth and development that create this differing bone structure? 

Are ther hormonal variances? 

How could the differing bone structures potentially predispose or predetermine your anatomical appearance?

Of course bones Vary in thickness, size and shape and proportion.  Enough to totally dispel the Endo,Ecto,Meso argument.

Bone Size determines Muscle attatchment. 

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2007, 12:05:51 PM »
i think that metabolism has lot to to with ones appearance as well as bone structure. Some of us have no "give" or room to slack off in our regimens.  metabolism is a bitch!
-