Author Topic: DISGUSTED: Bodybuilding Guru?  (Read 52509 times)

rjp

• Getbig II
Re: DISGUSTED-----------OBVIOUSLY THE MOST EDUCATED "GURU".
« Reply #525 on: February 01, 2007, 04:47:13 PM »
I think the main problem with your principles is that most people cannot truly get full on rich tasty food (which might contain high fat content) while experiencing a caloric deficit.

I'll agree to a point. Food high in fat provide a much higher feeling of satiety than do protein or carb based foods. This is why many bodybuilders in a height of a bodybuilding diet often take a scoop of peanut butter to stave off hunger. The reality is in any caloric deficit you're going to have moments of hunger...there's no way around it.

What I still can't reconcile about this Adonis diet (which thus far is nothing new or earth shattering) is if it truly is muscle sparing and how well it will work once his case studies get down around 10% and attempt to get below that.

VY_BUFF

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #526 on: February 01, 2007, 05:43:09 PM »
one calorie = one calorie

I took thermodynamics at McGill University (Canada's Harvard) and TA is right about first and second laws of thermodynamics, but the problem is 300 calories from an organic fruit salad does not equal 300 calories from pizza or cheeseburgers.  Although "fat foods" contain a variety of vitamins, minerals and nutrients that are requirements for the human body, they do not contain enough of them, while providing bad cholesterol.

TA says a lot of things that people want to argue:
"you can get cut on Mcdonalds, and ice cream, with no cardio"
"1 calorie = 1 calorie"
"People eat too much"

What people dont understand is that he is right
you can get cut on fast food, but the issue is you can't get full on real fast food (not low-cal fast food) and get cut.

If you eat fast food, you have to have smaller meals of it and get hungry randomly throughout the day

TA claims that his diet is easier to follow because you get to eat everyday food
but wouldnt it make more sense to eat cleaner foods with the same calories and higher protein levels w/ less bad cholesterol?

Just another scientific approach...

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #527 on: February 01, 2007, 05:45:16 PM »

I took thermodynamics at McGill University (Canada's Harvard) and TA is right about first and second laws of thermodynamics, but the problem is 300 calories from an organic fruit salad does not equal 300 calories from pizza or cheeseburgers.  Although "fat foods" contain a variety of vitamins, minerals and nutrients that are requirements for the human body, they do not contain enough of them, while providing bad cholesterol.

"1 calorie = 1 calorie"
"People eat too much"

you can get cut on fast food, but the issue is you can't get full on real fast food (not low-cal fast food) and get cut.

If you eat fast food, you have to have smaller meals of it and get hungry randomly throughout the day

TA claims that his diet is easier to follow because you get to eat everyday food
but wouldnt it make more sense to eat cleaner foods with the same calories and higher protein levels w/ less bad cholesterol?

Ask anyone who uses my approach if they are hungry.

I have yet to encounter one that says they are.

rjp

• Getbig II
« Reply #528 on: February 01, 2007, 06:23:13 PM »
Ask anyone who uses my approach if they are hungry.

I have yet to encounter one that says they are.

All your current "clients" are just starting their diets. They haven't even begun to feel the hunger pains that forcing their bodies into single digit bodyfat will inflict on them. I say "force" as that's exactly what they're doing regardless of what they eat. Very few people have bodies that are naturally inclined to sit at 6 or 7% bodyfat so you must force your body to do so with severe caloric restriction and manipulatoin. And if you're truly at 4% or lower, and I truly doubt you are, and you're telling me you don't get hungry...very hungry during the day, then you are a liar.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #529 on: February 01, 2007, 06:27:18 PM »

"1 calorie = 1 calorie"
"People eat too much"

No one is disagreeing that you cannot lose weight on this, thats not the point, the point is you are losing TOTAL bodyweight, thats easy, if you have a low calorie count you can lose weight on snickers and poodle shit and get lean, TA is claiming that bodybuilders can use it to get cut for a show.....you cannot, this type of eating is even unhealthy for the overweight, the diabetic and people with high BP, I would argue (and I do) that there has to be a macro and micronutriant balance to make it even more effective. I'll say it again, if you have a diet that is high in fats, high in sodium (Bigmac has over a 1000mg) and high in LDL, it will cause BIG problems especially if it hereditary!

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #530 on: February 01, 2007, 06:51:14 PM »
No, I know what nice food tastes like  :P

But seriously, any decent pub or chippy (not sure you get those in America) makes nicer burgers than McDonalds.  Buy a decent quality lean mince (ground beef) and your burgers will taste nicer than McDonalds with very little effort.  Buy a good quality cheese, fresh tomatoes, onions and lettuce.  Go to a good bakery or supermarket with a good bread section and get some fresh baps (buns) for your burger.  Much nicer than the cheap, processed crap that comes from McDoanlds and you also know some spotty teenager who doesn't wash his hands after wiping his ass didn't make your dinner!

That's what i do.

I  fire up my grill year round and make some nice quality burgers. I'll eat Mickey D's in a pinch, but i don't go out of my way for that stuff

sandycoosworth

« Reply #531 on: April 04, 2007, 07:23:30 AM »
disgusted has immaculate hair

NeverTrustABlonde

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #532 on: April 04, 2007, 07:27:46 AM »
I guess replacing meals 2,4 and 7 with cheeseburgers is out of the question then.....  :-\

Manninen dude

• Getbig III
Re: DISGUSTED: Bodybuilding Guru?
« Reply #533 on: April 04, 2007, 10:16:16 AM »
Delusional Adonis, you are still full of BS. Hope this helps  ;D

thisGuy

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #534 on: April 04, 2007, 12:15:36 PM »

"1 calorie = 1 calorie"
"People eat too much"

Like the Canadian dollar your degree is only worth .86 of an american degree. A calorie is a calorie violates the second law of thermodynamics.

sandycoosworth

« Reply #535 on: April 04, 2007, 01:52:04 PM »

I took thermodynamics at McGill University (Canada's Harvard)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

keep telling yourself that

BW AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #536 on: April 04, 2007, 01:58:29 PM »
Basic. 4 exercises 4 to 6 sets, reps around 12. The standard stuff, Incline bar or DB, flys, CC, stuff like that. Some machines I like too.
Do you believe in overtraining if your not on the sauce, doing all those sets?

getfast81

• Getbig III
  • Borat is for the weak................
« Reply #537 on: April 04, 2007, 02:00:04 PM »
Hey Disgusted how is King looking/doing?  Guy takes forever to respond to emails.   :'(
Truly STOP WHINING