Author Topic: Any rugby league fans on here??  (Read 10787 times)

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Any rugby league fans on here??
« on: January 28, 2007, 04:48:00 AM »
If so, who is your team? i am unfortunate enough to support widnes vikings!!  :-\

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
Re: Any rugby league fans on here??
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 04:51:52 AM »
never really got into watching rugby! the high school coach wanted me to play but my football coach was dead set agianst it so i played soccer instead

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 04:54:24 AM »
Leeds Rhinos!!

Really got into rugby league in the late 90s with Superleague on Sky...only really watched it on Grandstand before.  Darren Fleary and Anthony Farrell were playing for Leeds around then, I liked their violent approach to rugby league...now I miss Barry McDermott  :'( :'( :'(

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 05:00:46 AM »
Leeds Rhinos!!

Really got into rugby league in the late 90s with Superleague on Sky...only really watched it on Grandstand before.  Darren Fleary and Anthony Farrell were playing for Leeds around then, I liked their violent approach to rugby league...now I miss Barry McDermott  :'( :'( :'(

Haha yes - barry played for us for a couple of seasons before he retired last year - certainly a fiery character!! And that glass eye is just spooky !!  ;D

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 05:09:07 AM »
Haha yes - barry played for us for a couple of seasons before he retired last year - certainly a fiery character!! And that glass eye is just spooky !!  ;D

Yes, his glass eye!! Man, Stuart Fielden is one brave fellow...imagine knowing Barry was going to be looking for you with that eye, then coming to take your head off!!

Looking forward to this year's Superleague...Hull look like they have strengthened their squad...Adrian Morley is back...will be good!

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2007, 05:18:40 AM »
yes im looking forward to it too. In terms of ourselves, we have to get back into the super league before they scrap promotion and relegation in 2009, or the club will die. What fans will go and pay to watch a team that dont even have a chance of getting promoted at the end of a season!!?? Ahhh, i long for the heady days of the late 80's early 90's when we were top of the tree !!  :'(

Riley

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 12:23:32 AM »
If so, who is your team? i am unfortunate enough to support widnes vikings!!  :-\

I go for the Canberra Raiders, are you guys pretty pumped up now that Morley has gone back to the English Super League?

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 02:11:36 AM »
I go for the Canberra Raiders, are you guys pretty pumped up now that Morley has gone back to the English Super League?

Not really, as he has signed for warrington, who are my most hated team!! (I live there, but was born in widnes so support the vikings). Sick of hearing about the c unt in the local papers !!  :)

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2007, 04:46:21 AM »
I watch it when it's on regular tv which is not much now a days. Why the bbc ever stopped putting on scrumdown I'll never know.

I was quite a fan back when wigan dominated the scene. I also played for the school team im my 2nd and 3rd years in middle school.

Do any of you guys watch rugby league raw?

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2007, 05:24:24 AM »
Great compilation vid

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2007, 05:38:51 AM »
I watch it when it's on regular tv which is not much now a days. Why the bbc ever stopped putting on scrumdown I'll never know.

I was quite a fan back when wigan dominated the scene. I also played for the school team im my 2nd and 3rd years in middle school.

Do any of you guys watch rugby league raw?
#

yeah rugby league raw is a great show, gives you a good insight into the game. I also love watching the NRL games on skysports on a saturday morning - usually with a hangover !!  :)

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2007, 01:15:59 PM »
#

yeah rugby league raw is a great show, gives you a good insight into the game. I also love watching the NRL games on skysports on a saturday morning - usually with a hangover !!  :)

NRL is good, watched some great games on Saturday and Sunday mornings.  It does seem a bit harder than Superleague.

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2007, 01:25:53 PM »
NRL is good, watched some great games on Saturday and Sunday mornings.  It does seem a bit harder than Superleague.
withou a doubt mate, the intensity in the nrl is frightening, the british game has been kidding itself for years that we are catching the aussies, we are not. infact, the game might have a bit better depth here now, but in terms of our first string 13, i would say we were closer to the aussies 20 years ago with the likes of hanley, gregory edwards offiah and jonathan davies !!  :-\

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
  • Sergio can split the atom. With his bare hands.
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2007, 05:20:49 PM »
Canterbury Bulldogs ;D. We gt the English Super League in Australia but I don't follow anyone. A lot of the games are better than the NRL games.

SERGIO!!!!
Ugh, my retirement grease

Riley

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2007, 12:46:56 AM »
Canterbury Bulldogs ;D. We gt the English Super League in Australia but I don't follow anyone. A lot of the games are better than the NRL games.

SERGIO!!!!

They say Sonny Bill is finally fully fit, do you reckon he'll get plenty of game time this season without being injured? I hope he and Benji end up playing a couple of games for the Kiwis this year.

AVBG

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2007, 03:23:32 AM »
Cronulla Sharks!

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2007, 03:37:08 AM »
panther power baby!

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2007, 06:10:17 AM »
What do you guys think about Jamie Lyon being back in NRL? He was head and shoulders above nearly everyone in Superleague, how do you think he will get on down under???

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2007, 06:17:15 AM »
What do you guys think about Jamie Lyon being back in NRL? He was head and shoulders above nearly everyone in Superleague, how do you think he will get on down under???

i do think it helped him being in the most dominant team in the league though, particularly last season.

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2007, 08:38:44 PM »
They say Sonny Bill is finally fully fit, do you reckon he'll get plenty of game time this season without being injured? I hope he and Benji end up playing a couple of games for the Kiwis this year.

Sonny Bill is a worry, every time he takes to the field I hold my breath. He could break a leg at any given moment. Last year was a lot better and I think (hope) he'll get through most of the games this year. I can't believe the Bulldogs are premiership favourites and I love them to death. Still scratching my head over that one.

To be honest I hope he fails miserably. He's a bit of a gutless wonder who jumps ship on clubs when things start going a bit pear shaped. Plus he's playing for Manly ::).

SERGIO!!!!

AVBG

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2007, 08:47:00 PM »

he will pick up where he left off and dominate by playing 5/8 for Manly

AVBG

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2007, 08:51:00 PM »
Sonny Bill is a worry, every time he takes to the field I hold my breath. He could break a leg at any given moment. Last year was a lot better and I think (hope) he'll get through most of the games this year. I can't believe the Bulldogs are premiership favourites and I love them to death. Still scratching my head over that one.

To be honest I hope he fails miserably. He's a bit of a gutless wonder who jumps ship on clubs when things start going a bit pear shaped. Plus he's playing for Manly ::).

SERGIO!!!!

Sonny Bill is for the first time in a long time, fully fit.. no need to worry about him..

With Lyons he only left because Brian Smith was giving him the shits... had little to do with Parramatta per se. Joining Manly is a natural progression for him as he has long time links with Noel "Crusher" Cleal

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2007, 09:26:26 PM »
With Lyons he only left because Brian Smith was giving him the shits...

Brian Smith gives everyone the shits ;D. Him and Johns are going to be a really happy couple when the losing starts.

SERGIO!!!!

AVBG

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2007, 09:36:09 PM »
Brian Smith gives everyone the shits ;D. Him and Johns are going to be a really happy couple when the losing starts.

SERGIO!!!!

Brian Smith = text message stalker...  ;D

BTW, I cant remember if I replied to the PM yet? if I didnt... sorry.. please burn both on DVD.  ;)

Riley

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2007, 12:43:34 AM »
he will pick up where he left off and dominate by playing 5/8 for Manly

Although I fucking hate Manly it's going to be interesting where abouts in the backline they're going play him. They got Burns playing in 5/8, he's a solid young player and then they have Matai and Bell in the centres.... If I was Des Hasler id put throw Matai in the Backrow and have Lyon and Bell as the centres.