Author Topic: HELPING A DIABETIC LOOSE WEIGHT...  (Read 3009 times)

wood

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
Re: HELPING A DIABETIC LOOSE WEIGHT...
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2007, 12:09:38 PM »
There is no expertise involved. Diabetics know who to adjust their insulin according to how they eat. It is much easier to use when you are eating clean than dealing with the unpredictableness of eating tons of sugar and drinking alcohol. The Dr is only going to tell him or her that same thing I have just said. To use the glucometer and go from there.

it's not as easy as that with some though.   some diabetics are thier own worst enemy.  for instance, my father-in-law recently landed himself in the hospital in the critical care unit because he let himself get out of control with his diet.  He routinely drinks almost a gallon of milk a day, eats pastries from the freezer and his only exercise is walking to the bathroom, kitchen and up the stairs to bed.  he has other health conditions too that have been factors, he has a pacemaker, high blood pressure, etc.  The problems started with a heart attack at age 37 while mountain climbing.  He's now 60 yrs. old.  I think the early heart attack was due to agent orange or something he inhaled in Vietnam.

Recently, he developed a wound on his heel that he couldn't see and it got infected, he felt it one day when he put his finger in it and the dr. put him on antibiotics but they ran out before the next scheduled apt. set for Friday, on Thurs. he crashed and burned and was rushed to the hospital and had be pumped full of meds to get his BP back up, his heart rate back down, etc.  the only way he's going to live is to control his diet but he has to have the willpower to do so.  His wife won't tell him what to do because she figures, hey, he's an adult.  on a good note, he's controlled his blood sugar for the last couple of weeks and the wound is healing but there's no guarantee that he won't go back to his old habits.  Diabetics may know to adjust their insulin according to their food intake, but not all actually do it.
i

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2007, 12:09:42 PM »
sevatase, you are a usless fuck stick, and worse you are putting people lives at risk.

why don't you go and model some tight pants for some male clientele..euro fag wannabe
Here comes the money shot

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2007, 12:11:31 PM »
I get a big kick out of helping someone loose weight and look and feel healthy. I really feel good about it.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2007, 12:15:07 PM »
it's not as easy as that with some though.   some diabetics are thier own worst enemy.  for instance, my father-in-law recently landed himself in the hospital in the critical care unit because he let himself get out of control with his diet.  He routinely drinks almost a gallon of milk a day, eats pastries from the freezer and his only exercise is walking to the bathroom, kitchen and up the stairs to bed.  he has other health conditions too that have been factors, he has a pacemaker, high blood pressure, etc.  The problems started with a heart attack at age 37 while mountain climbing.  He's now 60 yrs. old.  I think the early heart attack was due to agent orange or something he inhaled in Vietnam.

Recently, he developed a wound on his heel that he couldn't see and it got infected, he felt it one day when he put his finger in it and the dr. put him on antibiotics but they ran out before the next scheduled apt. set for Friday, on Thurs. he crashed and burned and was rushed to the hospital and had be pumped full of meds to get his BP back up, his heart rate back down, etc.  the only way he's going to live is to control his diet but he has to have the willpower to do so.  His wife won't tell him what to do because she figures, hey, he's an adult.  on a good note, he's controlled his blood sugar for the last couple of weeks and the wound is healing but there's no guarantee that he won't go back to his old habits.  Diabetics may know to adjust their insulin according to their food intake, but some actually do it.

Goes back to what I said before that you can lead a horse to water. Unfortunatley most people don't give two shits about their health. Hope your FIL comes out OK.

wood

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2007, 12:42:00 PM »
Goes back to what I said before that you can lead a horse to water. Unfortunatley most people don't give two shits about their health. Hope your FIL comes out OK.

thanks bro, and i think you're right, he's all but given up.  he's on disability for the heart problems so he probably figures, what the hell, at least i can eat what i want. 

i

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2007, 12:43:31 PM »
Meh. Years ago, I got drunk under the table by a diabetic. Man, that girl could really put'em away.

/not kidding. felt like a puss when i came to.  :-\

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2007, 01:03:46 PM »
What's the old saying? You can lead a horse to water.

I always thought it was "You can lead a swimmer to a pair of boxers, but they will always seek the briefs" 

tiny-tit bounty hunter

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2007, 01:16:35 PM »
I have worked with plenty of type 2 but not many type 1. Example. When I owned my gym an older lady who was friends with my Mom joined. She was about 40 pounds overweight and smoked and could barley walk. Took about 30iu of insulin a day. She also needed oxygen thru out the day. I put her on a very low carb diet. One of the meals was a huge salad with a lot of good greens. I made sure she took vitamins to get all of her nutrients that she needed. Anyway, After about 6 weeks she was down 30 pounds, stopped smoking an was walking on a treadmill (not for weight loss  ;D) about 30 min. She was no longer on any insulin either. Her Dr told her to keep on doing whatever it was that she was doing as her bloodwork was much improved. She eventually quit the gym. I saw her in a store about 6 months later. She was back to smoking and in a wheel chair and back on oxygen. She looked like she had gained the weight back too. About a year later she was dead. What's the old saying? You can lead a horse to water.

In short

Lean meats, plenty of veggies and essential fats. A good multi vitamin would be good too.

Unreal.

My step-dad is a diabetic. He doesn't take care of himself for shit. Fucking idiot..........
HAHA, RON.....

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2007, 04:01:17 AM »
Hey Disgusted , my guy is a type 1 diabetic. Here is his diet : meal 1 : 250ml of fat free milk + 2 slices of whole wheat bread . meal 2 : 200 g fat free yogurt + 50 g oats . meal 3 : grilled chicken + 100g rice + salad . meal 3 : 150 g fat free yogurt + 1 mandarin . meal 4 : steak + salad + 2 slices of whole wheat bread . meal 5 : 250 ml fat free milk.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2007, 08:33:01 AM »
thanks bro, and i think you're right, he's all but given up.  he's on disability for the heart problems so he probably figures, what the hell, at least i can eat what i want. 

I can understand older people eating what they want. Who the fck wants to live to 100 proped up in a chair eating skinless chicken and white rice. It makes me laugh to see these skinny ass personal trainers that haven't lived a life yet tell older people they gotta eat better and recommend they eat tuna, water and broccoli. What a bunch of tools.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2007, 08:34:51 AM »
if he is a client of spermatase...he will soon be on loads of drugs.

bbinsider

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2007, 10:31:07 AM »
I would introduce him to my friends Ben&Jerry.
The BBinsider