Author Topic: The AMOUNT of food is more important than Training  (Read 10176 times)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
Re: The AMOUNT of food is more important than Training
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2007, 05:07:24 AM »

8000 calories = 6.15 pints of Haagen Dasz  @2.79 each.  That's $17 a day. I spend more than that on lunch.

And you wouldn't have to be eating constantly either.  The average person could put doen two of them in a sitting without too much difficulty...  breakfast, lunch, and dinner!   
Yeah, but that will go straight to the toilet and expand the gut...

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2007, 05:09:13 AM »
Victor Richards said that he typically consummed 20,000-30,000 calories a day.

I bet he was eating 6500-8000.....maybe!
His an idiot who was to scared to compete

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2007, 05:33:53 AM »
I know a kid (20) who weighs around 240, competed in PL and now switched to strongman, and his diet (spelled our completely) is 4400 kcal exclusing dinner. And excluding the 4 cheat meals per week he is limiting himself to. So extrapolate that to someone who is 50% bigger and trains and competes fulltime, and I don't doubt 8000 is possible for a pro strongman.

Sigmarsson claims, in the recent movie about him, that he starts losing weight if he gets below 6000 kcal (IIRC).

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2007, 06:56:44 AM »
people like to believe in myths it gives them something to live vicariously through, its very common in children. And because of TV and internet, peoples myths are becoming bigger and bigger and more extreme.

Anyway...Daddywaddy, can you break it down for us. How many calories do you think a person who works during the day, types a bit on getbig.com and then works out for about 45 minutest at night, would need?. Its really confusing.

Also, how much protein do you think you need per pound of bodyweight if  you want to grow and or if you just want to maintain what you have.?.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2007, 07:27:33 AM »
people like to believe in myths it gives them something to live vicariously through, its very common in children. And because of TV and internet, peoples myths are becoming bigger and bigger and more extreme.

Anyway...Daddywaddy, can you break it down for us. How many calories do you think a person who works during the day, types a bit on getbig.com and then works out for about 45 minutest at night, would need?. Its really confusing.

Also, how much protein do you think you need per pound of bodyweight if  you want to grow and or if you just want to maintain what you have.?.

the best diet would be raw eggs in protien shakes raw eggs have "choline" and "lipase" or liphase im not sure how to spell it but lipase is a fat burning enzyme in raw fats like avacados, same with raw sprouted almonds or nuts but are only activated if you soak them in water. any cooked meat is highly toxic and acidic and causes the body to relase white bloodcells this MUST be bufferd with raw baking soda in water DRINK IT dont be a pussy.

it is best to have no carbs

and not diet

as much protien , buffering agents and most importantly FATS will make you grow and lose fat..

i noticed i lose a tad bit of size if i eat carbs when dieting, because the fat is what powers our natural steroid hormones

i would also stay away from low carb icecreams and phosphoric acid in soda, and splenda these all make you acidic

and any sugars create and insulin spike, wich causes cell division and cell death, that means increased aging

i might buy some stevia today , its a natural non caloric sweetner i  may try, because sometimes its nice to make food sweet and not feel guilty or knowing you are going to have to work it off
A

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2007, 07:36:26 AM »

the best diet would be raw eggs in protien shakes raw eggs have "choline" and "lipase" or liphase im not sure how to spell it but lipase is a fat burning enzyme in raw fats like avacados, same with raw sprouted almonds or nuts but are only activated if you soak them in water. any cooked meat is highly toxic and acidic and causes the body to relase white bloodcells this MUST be bufferd with raw baking soda in water DRINK IT dont be a pussy.

it is best to have no carbs

and not diet

as much protien , buffering agents and most importantly FATS will make you grow and lose fat..

i noticed i lose a tad bit of size if i eat carbs when dieting, because the fat is what powers our natural steroid hormones

i would also stay away from low carb icecreams and phosphoric acid in soda, and splenda these all make you acidic

and any sugars create and insulin spike, wich causes cell division and cell death, that means increased aging

i might buy some stevia today , its a natural non caloric sweetner i  may try, because sometimes its nice to make food sweet and not feel guilty or knowing you are going to have to work it off

you are a genuis

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2007, 08:13:27 AM »

'i cant do it so it isnt possible'

thats the mentality of all of you saying it isnt possible to eat 8000+ calories a day.

add this up, then stick it up your skinny 160 pound, 2000 caloire a day asses.

2 boxes of kraft dinner
1 pound of lean hamburger
1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breast
6 small yogurt
6 bananas
6 pits shells
1 cup of cheddar cheese
4 liters of milk
6 scoops isolate pwoder

the only people who will say it isnt possible, are those who dont even look like they work out to begin with, which is probably 3/4 of those who post on this board.
b

Bull Terrier!

• Getbig II
  • Where my dogs at ??
« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2007, 08:19:46 AM »
Your arms do look good in the above pose Daddy.  Why do you post such bullshit?  Seriously.

Because it's a photoshop !

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2007, 09:44:27 AM »

Shhh!  You are spoiling it for those who truly believe. 

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2007, 10:00:02 AM »

you are obviously a beginner and have never tried to put on weight by forcefeeding and getting fat

i was about 270 at 6feet6 was wearing 38 in the waist pants at the time , forcefeeding on carbs fat and everything beer too. sluggish as hell and would require 9 hours of sleep per night

now i am 219 this morning eating a totally different diet and only require 7 hours of sleep or night sometimes less
A

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2007, 10:07:29 AM »
Samuelsson doesn't eat 8500 calories and neither does anyone else, guys wayyyyyy overestimate how much they eat.
i know a couple of fatboys who easily eat over 10,000 calories a day. when your not eating clean its very easy to pile on the calories.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2007, 11:19:23 AM »
When I was at my heaviest this year (265), I was eating 6000-6500 cal daily, clean.
I had (usually) 8 meals daily.  4 were chicken and rice or oatmeal, 4 were whey & 2 cups oatmeal blended in a shlke w 2 tbsp natural PB.  I had a 9th meal @ 3 in the AM (2 scoops whey, 2 tbsp natural PB) when I'd get up to go to the bathroom.

It was sometimes hard to get that much food in, but luckily my job allows me to eat whenever I want. 

When someone says they eat 8000-10,000 I don't necessarily doubt them outright, but I would HATE to follow them to the bathroom first thing in the morning!

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2007, 11:52:59 AM »
something i have noticed now that im really pounding the calories. ive actually cut back on weightlifting and upped the cardio because i tend to get sluggish feeling and sleepy after eating 7-8000 calories a day and cardio with all the sweat wakes me up and makes me feel better.

but my point is with all these calories im not doing the crazy high volume sets although high volume sets are not bad at all because they ensure you are breaking down the muscle and stimulating a maximum growth potential. but the thing is i dont do near as many sets but my strength has gone way up i can actually do about 8 sets of 315 never done anything like that in my life and incline curl 75 pound dumbells for easy reps.

its like you have to eat sooooooooooooo much junk food to fully saturate the muscle , for it to grow if its not fully saturated you wont gain strength as quickly. for me i pay attention to the scale i forefeed myself to make sure i gain 2 pounds everday , its probably 90 percent water weight but water makes up a muscle different fluids n such. i would probably gain even better if i did more training but tons of food makes me sluggish as hell and so after a bout of cardio i feel like 100 bucks!

translation: i'm back on cycle again and i'm about to get big and puffy so i better set the stage now so the deluded getbiggers will think it's the food and not the juice.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: September 12, 2007, 12:03:32 PM »
seriously, ten thousand calories + just cardio?

all i can say is, you better be running marathons or you're going to be a very fat bastard.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: September 12, 2007, 12:04:28 PM »
When I was at my heaviest this year (265), I was eating 6000-6500 cal daily, clean.
I had (usually) 8 meals daily.  4 were chicken and rice or oatmeal, 4 were whey & 2 cups oatmeal blended in a shlke w 2 tbsp natural PB.  I had a 9th meal @ 3 in the AM (2 scoops whey, 2 tbsp natural PB) when I'd get up to go to the bathroom.

It was sometimes hard to get that much food in, but luckily my job allows me to eat whenever I want. 

When someone says they eat 8000-10,000 I don't necessarily doubt them outright, but I would HATE to follow them to the bathroom first thing in the morning!

hahah i was taking some legendary shits
A

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2007, 12:12:37 PM »
exactly right and make no mistake 3500-4000 calories is A LOT of food, more than most guys think.
how much do you eat when u "bulk" fatass ?

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2007, 12:16:22 PM »
daddywaddy...in the pic with the beer your arm looks like 20 inches at least...what did your arm measured then ?

Mons Venus

« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2007, 12:19:08 PM »
i plan to average 10,000 calories a day in the near future, and be 350 pounds solid

What type  of grear Waddy?

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2007, 12:29:24 PM »
The AMOUNT of food drugs is more important than Training

Fixed ;)

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2007, 05:05:46 PM »

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2007, 11:49:02 PM »

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2007, 12:40:23 AM »
something i have noticed now that im really pounding the calories. ive actually cut back on weightlifting and upped the cardio because i tend to get sluggish feeling and sleepy after eating 7-8000 calories a day and cardio with all the sweat wakes me up and makes me feel better.

but my point is with all these calories im not doing the crazy high volume sets although high volume sets are not bad at all because they ensure you are breaking down the muscle and stimulating a maximum growth potential. but the thing is i dont do near as many sets but my strength has gone way up i can actually do about 8 sets of 315 never done anything like that in my life and incline curl 75 pound dumbells for easy reps.

its like you have to eat sooooooooooooo much junk food to fully saturate the muscle , for it to grow if its not fully saturated you wont gain strength as quickly. for me i pay attention to the scale i forefeed myself to make sure i gain 2 pounds everday , its probably 90 percent water weight but water makes up a muscle different fluids n such. i would probably gain even better if i did more training but tons of food makes me sluggish as hell and so after a bout of cardio i feel like 100 bucks!

No... genetics ... is... I eat 2 meals a day... and at this moment i have a pretty decent physique
a lot of people over complicate this.. all this foolishness with carbs and i must take in this amount of grams... of protein....per day or i wont grow nonsense... or i eat six meals a day ..crap... that i feel is for professional bbers...my whole phsique was built on very hard training and genes... people like to over complicate things because they dont want to face the real truth.. genes genes genes its all about genes if you have to eat 6 meals a day to have 17 inch arms ... then you're in the wrong hobby.. for me trainin is a life long thing... what i do now is what i will be doing in my 40's no way would i be eating 6 ,meals a day and drinking 2 gallons of water all that foolishness life long.. so whats the point starting it.. a lot of average trainers do it because they think it make them look hardcore
nonsense...
choice is an illusion

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2007, 02:36:51 AM »
No... genetics ... is... I eat 2 meals a day... and at this moment i have a pretty decent physique
a lot of people over complicate this.. all this foolishness with carbs and i must take in this amount of grams... of protein....per day or i wont grow nonsense... or i eat six meals a day ..crap... that i feel is for professional bbers...my whole phsique was built on very hard training and genes... people like to over complicate things because they dont want to face the real truth.. genes genes genes its all about genes if you have to eat 6 meals a day to have 17 inch arms ... then you're in the wrong hobby.. for me trainin is a life long thing... what i do now is what i will be doing in my 40's no way would i be eating 6 ,meals a day and drinking 2 gallons of water all that foolishness life long.. so whats the point starting it.. a lot of average trainers do it because they think it make them look hardcore
nonsense...

Ya, but we're not all genetic elite so we have to make do.  My genetics are shit but I still like looking good and being healthy.  People with better genetics than me still look worse if their training and diet are bad.

I agree things get overcomplicated by some, but I like eating frequently.  I don't like eating lots in one sitting and I'm usually hungry again 3 hours later, so it suits me.

evandatp

• Getbig IV
  • Haunted4Pay
« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2007, 02:47:30 AM »
hahah i was taking some legendary shits
Ah, the tales they could tell...

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2007, 10:47:18 AM »
nonsense...

the will to workout, to have that personality type, trying to be the best can be related to genetics. alot dont have this types of traits in there genetic profile and have no confidence, also uncreative people fail too because they quit and see only one way and are ignorant to try a different or radical even diets

our actual heights is genetics, but untrained sedentary individuals have roughly the same muscle mass

everyone untrained is nearly equally weak unless they have high bodyfat and then they would be pretty strong, this all comes down to food

we all have the ability to put on size up to a point and its all fairly the same for us naturals. just look at mr getbig comp , no one is really that much bigger than the next guy proportion wise , the shorter guys are just as filled out as the taller guys of course any taller dude is 'bigger' but in terms of bodybuilding nearly the same... i dont even see how they judge pro bodybuilding comps when all dudes are equally huge, and we all should know that if one competitor has been constantly pumping up his chest for weeks and weeks  and focusing mainly on that he will have the best tightest fullest chest but will be lagging in other bodyparts. or a guy that trains mainly arms will have the most pumped up loaded with triglicerides and carbs full to the max deiselfied arms.

strength is all about leverages or steroids

just look at jesse marunde were i had my photo next to his we are nearly the same size yet the dude is 2 times my strenght on sholder pressing movements, so therefore the dude should look 2 times bigger in all areas but its nothing like that, its all drug induced strength same with his front double bicep pose on his page looks very puny

A