Author Topic: Case #2:"TWEETER" Adonis Principles in Action  (Read 55793 times)

pobrecito

• Getbig V
Re: Case #2: Adonis Principles in Action
« Reply #400 on: February 24, 2007, 09:48:04 PM »
2/24/07:

Sandwich - roast beef, cheese, mayo    350
5 oz. grilled chicken breast                   500
Honey mustard sauce                           60
2 slices sourdough bread                      160
Butter                                                60
Starburst                                           120
Shrimp, sausage, rice jambalaya             840       
Total calories = 1,790

Where are you getting 500 calories for 5oz of chicken?

7oz chicken brease is 175 calories.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #401 on: February 25, 2007, 05:27:02 AM »
Just reading your original statement, it says you competed four times. How did that go? What did you like and didn't like about competition?

What look are you hoping to achieve through your efforts?

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #402 on: February 25, 2007, 11:35:11 AM »

5. Trying to "bulk up" then cut down has always been my strategy in the past, and I have always just ended up getting fat. I would rather be lean year round and actually like a bodybuilder than one of those "perma-bulkers". Also, being natural, I am not going to be able to gain that much muscle mass anyway, whether I try to bulk up or not. That being said, I don't think that staying lean prevents one from putting on muscle mass.

Proof that you truly have no clue about the role of proper diet.

Nobody should be getting "Fat" when bulking up. A bulking diet should be the same as a cutting diet, only differing in the amount of calories per meal.. You probably ate too much, and ate too much garbage. Also, being natural, and having seen your pictures, you can put on a lot of muscle mass. Now you are on this crazy diet to do what?

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
« Reply #403 on: February 25, 2007, 12:10:54 PM »
I really think people should stop telling this dude to stop the adonis diet principles so the end result will prove all.

I just hope Tweeter is honest enough to admit the truth when he either fails with this diet or succeeds and that he stuck to the 'principles' 100%.

Is there a certain deadline? 

Whats your honest opinion on your progress so far Tweeter? Have you been measureing your weight/bodyfat % , lean mass weight , fat mass weight?

And also what about your lifts in the gym , up/down etc.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #404 on: February 25, 2007, 01:27:03 PM »
I agree... why deter someone from their goal... no matter what it may be.

I wish Tweeter nothing but the best in his goal and hope he achieves whatever it is he's setting out to do.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #405 on: February 25, 2007, 07:52:24 PM »
I competed in the teen class in 3 shows and the novice in another show when I was 20. I usually finished in about the middle of the pack. I mainly enjoyed the challenge of training for a show and competition aspect of it. I have always been very competitive and love to set challenges for myself and then go after them. The two things I didn't enjoy all that much were the diet and having to stand in a little speedo in front of so many people. I also found it very discouraging to think that I would not be able to go very far in bodybuilding due to my reluctance towards using steriods. That is why I mainly just planned on competing as a teen; I knew that I was not willing to do what is necessary to go beyond that level. I don't know if I will ever compete again; I mainly just do it for myself now.

You look like you could do well in natural BBing if you just stick to it. It's hard, like anything, but with time and dedication, you can still build a great natural physique. Look at some of the guys in the Mr. GetBig. Natural BBing may not have the publicity that steroid BBing does, but all it takes is dedication to get where you want to be.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #406 on: February 26, 2007, 06:42:26 AM »
Tweeter.......I dare you to eat a vegetable!!!

How much weight have you lost since you started? 
Did TA ever give you an indication of what HE thinks your bf is? 
And when is the first month officially over?

:)

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #407 on: February 26, 2007, 10:31:51 AM »
I have never been a huge vegetable fan; what types of vegetables do you like eating? I like brocolli, corn, and green beans but have heard that green beans and corn don't really have any nutritional benefits.

Corn isn't a veggie per se...it falls into the starchier category like potatoes and peas.  Although all of the above have nutritional value.
Green beans are good, and I prefer them to brocolli b/c of the bloat. 
Broccoli is tough on the system! 
Asparagus is great...it also serves as a nice natural diuretic. 
And spinach - I freakin love spinach in just about every form!

You and I are clearly dieting differently though Tweeter.  When I cut calories, I try to fill my diet with a higher volume of less dense food and fiber...to keep myself eating more often (because I believe that stimulates metabolism) and to prevent myself from getting hungry (I swear, it's NOT in my mind).

SO when I am dieting, I'm pretty much happy to eat ALL veggies.  There are not many that I wouldn't eat.

In terms of having a somewhat satisfying meal, I'd rather belly up to a giant tub of veggies than 4 spoonfuls of ben and jerrys. 
The ben and jerrys sounds great, but it would be just enough to piss me off that I can't have more...so I'd rather not have any.

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #408 on: February 26, 2007, 05:52:30 PM »
TA's "principles" don't work for adding muscle....

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #409 on: February 27, 2007, 05:59:17 AM »
Thanks for the replies. 

I honestly hope this works for you, and you reach the targets you've set yourself.

what is there that you don't understand?

you eat little and excerise..you could join Curves, Taebo or follow Rich Simmons and get the same results.

but since this is a bodybuilding forum muscle growth is were the concerns are. And clearly this method doesn't work for that
Here comes the money shot

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #410 on: February 27, 2007, 06:37:24 AM »
I think what TA's principle is about is trying to explain that "a calorie is a calorie", hence all the junk food in tweeter's diet, that you wouldn't normally attribute to a cutting diet, but they are calorie's nonetheless.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #411 on: March 02, 2007, 04:00:37 AM »
My weight is currently about 183, which is a 15 pound loss so far. We will likely implement the formula very soon.

cool, post the update pics

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #412 on: March 02, 2007, 09:03:08 AM »
Tweeter, WTF did you do with that brocolli that you bought last week?  LOL

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #413 on: March 04, 2007, 12:03:04 AM »
Tweeter, WTF did you do with that brocolli that you bought last week?  LOL

Are you trying to turn this into the "ripitupbaby's" principles?  ???

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #414 on: March 04, 2007, 03:59:32 AM »
There is a noticable different in stomach, chest and arms fat. Good work.

mathstats

• Getbig I
  • Dr Benway: Why not one all-purpose blob?
Re: CASE STUDY 2: THE ADONIS PRINCIPLES IN ACTION "TWEETER"
« Reply #415 on: March 04, 2007, 09:26:44 AM »
Yes,

Migizi lost over 30-40 lbs and was on his way, but I have not heard from him since the Y board was deconstructed.  It used to be the Mythbuster board then it got descrambled and Migizi got lost.

Hopefully I can resume his progress.  Migizi, if you are out there, I am here to help!!!!

you're case #1
Campus of Interzone Univ.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #416 on: March 06, 2007, 09:46:25 AM »
Are you trying to turn this into the "ripitupbaby's" principles?  ???

-Hedge

hahahaha  NO, absolutely not.   ;)
I would just submit that brocolli is best eaten when fresh, not after sitting in the fridge for a week, being passed up for a few bites of ben and jerrys. 

migizi

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #417 on: March 06, 2007, 12:09:11 PM »
it'll be fun to see how everyone reacts to the results. ;D

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #418 on: March 06, 2007, 02:40:07 PM »
3/3/07:
Gatorade   280
Chicken burrito  800
Chips   315
Salsa   10
Sprite   140
2 small cookies   110
Beer   200
Total calories = 1,755

That was my typical Freshman year of college diet, plus another 1,000 calories in booze.

I'd be STARVING if I only had Chips and Salsa and a Burrioto for real solid food all day.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #419 on: March 08, 2007, 10:59:21 PM »
I applaud you for keeping track of all your calories. You're obviously very dedicated.

Krusader

• Getbig II
« Reply #420 on: March 09, 2007, 07:58:25 PM »
yet to see the results.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #421 on: March 13, 2007, 07:46:36 AM »
Hey Tweeter, it's been over a month now.
Any idea when your program will change?  Any word on the elusive "formula"?

Keep up the good work!

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #422 on: March 13, 2007, 11:46:55 AM »
Not exactly sure; I am just waiting for TA to let me know. He said that Chaseinater has had the formula revealed to him, but he started a few weeks before me. It should be soon though. TA just wants to make sure that he is able to monitor each person long enough to get the correct constant. By the way Rip, I saw some pics of you...do you stay relatively that lean all year or diet down a good deal for photoshoots and contests?

I'm a constant shape-shifter LOL.   My weight fluctuates considerably throughout the year, especially for my overall size.

I diet a good part of the year for BB competitions, but I am also not afraid to gain weight and bulk up during the off-season.  I do some powerlifting during the off-season (bench press), and I use the added weight/strength to my advantage.
I'm lean like you see in the pics (or something close to it) probably 7 months out of the year.  And I do all of my photo shoots when I am lean!!

I looked through Chase's thread on MD and could not find anything about TA's formula.  Also, now that TA has been banned, the case study threads have been deleted over there. 

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #423 on: March 13, 2007, 12:22:55 PM »
Thats cool, so do you compete in bodybuilding, figure, or fitness? Your pics are impressive by the way; major props on getting in such good shape. I didn't know that the case studies were down on MD; I hardly ever go over there. They should move them to getbig so they can all be together. If I am able to get as ripped as you, you should consider using the Adonis Principles next time you are getting ready for a photoshoot or contest!

Thanks Tweeter! 
I used to compete in figure, but I have switched over to BB now and will be competing in BB at Junior Nationals in Chicago in June.  I have already started to diet!!!

LOL, I'm not sure I'm quite ready to try TA's approach for my next contest prep.  As I have mentioned before, my problem is that I like to eat A LOT.  I am hungry all the time, and it's not in my head. 
I wouldn't do well eating calorie-dense food.  When restricting calories, I much prefer to eat a greater volume of food than TA's approach would allow.  I am also happy to do extra cardio for extra calories.

Since I have yet to figure out what is so revolutionary about TA's approach, I guess you could say that I follow TA's dieting "principles" except I choose to eat veggies, complex carbs, and lean proteins.   ;D

I suggested to Chase that he start a thread here, but I am not sure if he will.  The Myth doesn't appear to be doing quite as well as you and Chase, and bulky disappeared a long time ago. 

Thanks again for the compliments, I appreciate it! 

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #424 on: March 13, 2007, 07:40:52 PM »
the last set of pics were 10 days ago...c'mon, dude, keep up