Author Topic: Who is Killing Iraqis?  (Read 5021 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Who is Killing Iraqis?
« on: January 30, 2007, 01:38:15 PM »
I talked to someone who just returned from Iraq and one of the interesting things we discussed was violence being carried out by the insurgents.  They are blowing up and killing men, women, children, schools, mosques, residential neighborhoods, etc..  Nothing is off limits.  Just a random killing of unarmed civilians.  No rules of engagement whatsoever.  I am fairly certain the inflated numbers of civilian casualties do not segregate Iraqi civilians killed by collateral damage from U.S. fire as opposed to the murder of civilians by insurgents. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Who is Killing Iraqis?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 01:42:57 PM »
I talked to someone who just returned from Iraq and one of the interesting things we discussed was violence being carried out by the insurgents.  They are blowing up and killing men, women, children, schools, mosques, residential neighborhoods, etc..  Nothing is off limits.  Just a random killing of unarmed civilians.  No rules of engagement whatsoever.  I am fairly certain the inflated numbers of civilian casualties do not segregate Iraqi civilians killed by collateral damage from U.S. fire as opposed to the murder of civilians by insurgents. 

No doubt about it.  Never was as far as i was concerned.  I knew only a certain percentage of people were kiilled due to collateral damage from the US.  The vast majority of people who are dying are from the instability caused by the incompetent handling of the US invasion.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 02:53:45 PM »
I agree with this!

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 03:11:14 PM »
I talked to someone who just returned from Iraq and one of the interesting things we discussed was violence being carried out by the insurgents. They are blowing up and killing men, women, children, schools, mosques, residential neighborhoods, etc..  Nothing is off limits.  Just a random killing of unarmed civilians.  No rules of engagement whatsoever.  I am fairly certain the inflated numbers of civilian casualties do not segregate Iraqi civilians killed by collateral damage from U.S. fire as opposed to the murder of civilians by insurgents. 

Fuckin' savages... When will they learn that their shitty religion wont help them and nor will acting like savages..  >:(

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 03:27:30 PM »

If I walk into a prison, unlock every cell, take away every corrections officers' weapon, then lock everyone inside indefinitely, what will happen?

3000 prisoners will quickly kill the 80 police workers, then begin killing one another until they establish a sort of mini-govt/pecking order.

Should "I" be blamed at all for those 80 dead guards and hundreds of dead inmates?  I didn't physically kill anyone.  I mean, I *did* put them in a position where death was the most likely outcome, almost to a certainly.

If you see any guilt in me doing this, you should see fault in what the US did by destabilizing their civil defense, destroying the insfrastructure, and then stepping back and watching the events ensue.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 03:33:10 PM »

If I walk into a prison, unlock every cell, take away every corrections officers' weapon, then lock everyone inside indefinitely, what will happen?

3000 prisoners will quickly kill the 80 police workers, then begin killing one another until they establish a sort of mini-govt/pecking order.

Should "I" be blamed at all for those 80 dead guards and hundreds of dead inmates?  I didn't physically kill anyone.  I mean, I *did* put them in a position where death was the most likely outcome, almost to a certainly.

If you see any guilt in me doing this, you should see fault in what the US did by destabilizing their civil defense, destroying the insfrastructure, and then stepping back and watching the events ensue.

I am shocked, shocked I tell you that 240 dropped in with some absurd, unrealistic hypothetical.  I suspect when you allow too much willful suspension of disbelief you leave your mind open to all sorts of unreasonable scenarios.  It probably becomes harder to distinguish between truth and fantasy.   :-\ 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 03:34:03 PM »
I am shocked, shocked I tell you that 240 dropped in with some absurd, unrealistic hypothetical.  I suspect when you allow too much willful suspension of disbelief you leave your mind open to all sorts of unreasonable scenarios.  It probably becomes harder to distinguish between truth and fantasy.   :-\ 

You don't understand the correlation.

Can someone please explain this to Beach Bum?

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 03:36:08 PM »
You don't understand the correlation.

Can someone please explain this to Beach Bum?

Why is your usual port of call during argument to inform the opposing party that they don't 'understand'?  Is it that you can't explain, or is it that you don't either?
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 03:38:06 PM »
Why is your usual port of call during argument to inform the opposing party that they don't 'understand'?  Is it that you can't explain, or is it that you don't either?

Beach bum said my example was unreasonable. 

he didn't understand.  The US faciliatated the civil war by removing all societal controls like police and military.  Much like the guy who removes guard power and locks everyone in the jail. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2007, 03:42:51 PM »

Ding!  Correct.   :)

BTW 240, you cannot walk into a prison and unlock every cell.  That's a stupid hypothetical. 

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2007, 03:43:58 PM »
Beach bum said my example was unreasonable. 

he didn't understand.  The US faciliatated the civil war by removing all societal controls like police and military.  Much like the guy who removes guard power and locks everyone in the jail. 

Uh huh, how about you understand that simply because someone's opinion differs from yours, it does not necessarily indicate a lack of understanding of the issue.

This will improve the validity of your rebuttals.
Thread Killer

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2007, 03:44:22 PM »

dont you for a second think Israel aint taking advantage of this...    :-\
carpe` vaginum!

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2007, 03:46:01 PM »
dont you for a second think Israel aint taking advantage of this...    :-\

Care to elaborate?
Thread Killer

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2007, 03:46:44 PM »
and for people on their high horses..

remember when 2 whities beat a black dood ..what ws it..rodney king..what happened in the US??..how many riots over just 1 beating...

now that ws juust 1 beating..

you go blow up a fucking country ..create anarchy and then sit back and dare say..oo those savages... ::)

carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2007, 03:47:26 PM »
Care to elaborate?

no...its clear enough..i rarely spoon feed even when i'm getting paid for it....
carpe` vaginum!

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2007, 03:52:59 PM »
no...its clear enough..i rarely spoon feed even when i'm getting paid for it....

Oh okay, I just thought you might have had something interesting to add.
Thread Killer

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2007, 03:57:54 PM »
Oh okay, I just thought you might have had something interesting to add.

He did make a valid point. Would the insurgents be there if the US hadn't invaded in the first place? Would they still go about blowing shit up if the US pulled out?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2007, 04:00:02 PM »
240 comparision might be bad, but at it's root it's accurate.

Our actions, deliberate or by accident, destabilized a country.  Now it's not safe to even take your kids to the local market.  People are dying every day and they live in fear.  the future for the country looks bleak.  If we stay we drain billions and lose more lives, if we go, we risk losing the entire country to Iran.

BUSH really fucccccked us up here with his decsion and our representatives in both parties voted for it.

Dam them all.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2007, 04:01:18 PM »
He did make a valid point. Would the insurgents be there if the US hadn't invaded in the first place? Would they still go about blowing shit up if the US pulled out?

Easy, Tiger.  Notice I said 'add', I was simply trying to draw out some more opinion from him.
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2007, 04:03:36 PM »
Beach Bum,

you're a fucking idiot.

HTH.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2007, 04:05:32 PM »
If we stay we drain billions and lose more lives, if we go, we risk losing the entire country to Iran.

BUSH really fucccccked us up here with his decsion and our representatives in both parties voted for it.

Dam them all.

Let Iraq go to Iran.. Why is that even an issue? First of all, would Iran do anything that US isn't alreay doing? Second, they're both Shia dominant countries. If anything, Iran would bring stability and peace to Iraq. But the US doesn't want that, they don't want peace and sharing of resources between Iraq and Iran. Now that Saddam is gone, leaving Iraq would mean the country falling under Iranian influence.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2007, 04:06:04 PM »
Beach Bum,

you're a fucking idiot.

HTH.

:-*  LOL.  Hey 240 do you like Frank Sinatra?  I like the song "I've Got You Under My Skin."  A classic.   ;D

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2007, 04:09:09 PM »
:-*  LOL.  Hey 240 do you like Frank Sinatra?  I like the song "I've Got You Under My Skin."  A classic.   ;D

Haha, well handled.  C'mon Rob, you're better than name-calling, no matter how much BB might annoy you.
Thread Killer

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2007, 04:10:20 PM »
Let Iraq go to Iran.. Why is that even an issue? First of all, would Iran do anything that US isn't alreay doing? Second, they're both Shia dominant countries. If anything, Iran would bring stability and peace to Iraq. But the US doesn't want that, they don't want peace and sharing of resources between Iraq and Iran. Now that Saddam is gone, leaving Iraq would mean the country falling under Iranian influence.

What will happen is Iran will become the dominant power in that region.  They will have a large stake in the oil resources to fuel their economy and defense spending.  It's not a good thing long term even without their nut job leadership.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2007, 04:11:05 PM »
What does "HTH"  mean?