Author Topic: FRANCO COLUMBU: 120 GRAMS OF PROTEIN: High Protein is a lie. Other diet Myths!  (Read 39699 times)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
What makes your methods any different than DePasquales?
His method was NOT in any way "a calorie is a calorie"!!! It was a ketogenic diet for 5 days, with a 2 day carb load. Then when the athlete adjusted to the diet it was no carbs except around training sessions. Very similar to Dan Duchaine's Body Opus diet or other Cyclical Ketogenic diets.

That type of diet works. If it's better or worse than some other type of diet is debatable but the reason the WBF athletes looked so bad was because they came off drugs and/or cheated on the diet (according to DiPasquale many did not have the discipline to follow it). It was a brutal diet and not a "eat whatever you want" type of diet.

Also, the protein was astronomical on DiPasquales diet.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Ta in all seriousness then, if you have such a plan NO ONE can comment on it, believe in it, or follow it!!!!! If we don't know how it is applied. So, if you never reveil it how can we possibley take you seriously.

That is what I am doing with the "Case Studies".

here and at MD.

I have many, many more coming.

One of a fellow that is easily 60-70 percent bodyfat.

Just watch, enjoy and learn.

I am not trying to hurt anyone.  I just want to provide an opimum alternative to what people are used to.  I also want to dispel the lies and myths that the "Industry" has thrust upon them for no good reason other than their own financial gain.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
That is what I am doing with the "Case Studies".

here and at MD.

I have many, many more coming.

One of a fellow that is easily 60-70 percent bodyfat.

Just watch, enjoy and learn.

I am not trying to hurt anyone.  I just want to provide an opimum alternative to what people are used to.  I also want to dispel the lies and myths that the "Industry" has thrust upon them for no good reason other than their own financial gain.

I know that you are not trying to hurt anyone and I commend you on your eagerness to learn and try something new. Hell, I'm probabley the most open minded person here. The thing is that you are debating people on here who have been doing things a certain way for years and having great success. Thru the years I have gotten pretty good at getting people into contest shape, but that doesn't mean that I am not looking for ways to improve my methods. Now at the same time I am not all of the sudden going to change things 180 degrees either. Small changes based on the principles that have worked best for me based on years of research, hundreds of hours reading and dozens if not hundreds of people I have successfully hepled. You can't argue a point when you will not reveil what you are doing with these people. If it works and you know it then why the reseach studies?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
I know that you are not trying to hurt anyone and I commend you on your eagerness to learn and try something new. Hell, I'm probabley the most open minded person here. The thing is that you are debating people on here who have been doing things a certain way for years and having great success. Thru the years I have gotten pretty good at getting people into contest shape, but that doesn't mean that I am not looking for ways to improve my methods. Now at the same time I am not all of the sudden going to change things 180 degrees either. Small changes based on the principles that have worked best for me based on years of research, hundreds of hours reading and dozens if not hundreds of people I have successfully hepled. You can't argue a point when you will not reveil what you are doing with these people. If it works and you know it then why the reseach studies?

People need to see it firsthand.
I want to show concrete results.  Most people are so steeped in lies and guided by myth, they overlook truth.

I will share everything for all, in real time with "Case Studies".

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
I want to show concrete results.  Most people are so steeped in lies and guided by myth, they overlook truth.

Fair enough, I will save all comments then for that time.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Fair enough, I will save all comments then for that time.

I just added another over at MD.

And am working on a few more here. Several Pro Bodybuilders have expressed interest.

whitewidow

TA-your retarded dude. are you all inbreed down there in SC? oir did you just get lucky-lol!! ;)

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
No, I didn't "miss" your formula. I've never seen you post it, which leads me to believe it doesn't exist.

Or it is bullshit as there is no way an equation could determine calories to that high degree of accuracy for the whole population.  Anyone with even the most basic understanding of statistics would know this  :)

A simple equation with the variables that Adonis claims to use would probably give you a decent estimate of your calorie intake, but not to the accuracy that he claims.  Anyone who is still at school ask a Maths or Stats Professor, these claims would give them a good chuckle  :)

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
Believe me, bro...If bodybuilders thought they could eat bullshit all day long AND get in contest shape...they would have figured it out yeeeeeeeears ago....
tHANK'S BOB, WTF IS WRONG WITH EVERYONE WHO TRIES TO LOOK GOOD AND BODYBUILD?...HOW MANY TIMES DO U HAVE TO WRECK YOUR BODY FROM HEAVY WEIGHTS TO REALISE THAT BENCHING FLAT IS NOT THE BEST IDEEA FOR PECS?..GO ASK ANY GOOD POWERLIFTER THAT BENCHES...IT'S ALL TRICEPS AND SHOULDER...MAYBE A FEW INCHES WHERE THE CHEST COMES IN. EATING AND STEROIDS GO THE SAME WAY...BALANCE AND WHAT'S RIGHT FOR U. STIMULATE...DON'T DESTROY.I HAD TO VENT. :)

lion33

• Getbig II
  • tryin to get big
Adonis, listen you don't have principles."the adonis principles" wtf is that??? Who are you to claim you have principles? They mean shit to nobody. I should make the lionPrinciples and start telling everyone I invented them. You have zero credibility with anybody. The fact that you keep on this low protein vs ice cream and pizza even further proves why no one should listen to you. You have to have some credibility to make statements like this and all your doing is making yourself look even worse by claiming this unheard of shit. Listen to chick, he has proven himself as a bodybuilder so therefore he has credibility. You have nothing. ATTENTION all get biggers........My lionprinciples state that if you eat high protein and workout and get good sleep you will make gains. Also eat chips and cake to even further your muscularity...I just invented both of those...I am a genius....I am just like adonis....who is with me?????

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Look who's talking.

You have made a blanket statement, regarding the effectiveness of high-protein diets as it relates to building mass. Yet, despite case after case after case of such diets working for numerous trainers, you continue your anti-high-protein tirade.

A prime example of such is your flip-flopping, on your thread about Lou Ferrigno.

The simple fact is this: If someone was consuming 200 grams of protein per day yet struggled to gain mass, only to have his gains pick up by consuming 250-300 grams of protein per day, the increase of protein (be it solid food or protein shakes) is effective for that guy, period. 

That's been the case for lots of people, and it's safe to say that their muscles won't be falling off anytime soon, in spite of your "discovery".

Others may indeed not need as much protein, that's fine. But, those examples certainly do not dictate or warrant your claim of "high protein is a lie".

250Ben250

• Getbig III
  • skinman approved.
Well, it works like this. I have come up with a formula that determines down to the exact limit of how much heat I release in a closed system. I have come up with this formula based solely on each individuals performance so Anyone is capable of doing this.

Here is a before and after. I haver ALWAYS been a hard trainer and have used conventional methods in the past regarding diet. I have gotten lean on the typical bodybuilder diet, but I also got WEAKER,more tired,felt awful and not to mention it is inconvenient,not economical or practical.

I got fat eating Chicken Breast and Oatmeal and eating clean, I got Ripped eating, Ice Cream and Krispy Kreme.

The idea of eating 700 lbs of meat(350 grams of protein a day for a year) to build about 48 ounces of muscle(about the lifetime natural limit`s average muscle building potential) is just an inefficient waste of heat energy. The body is an effecient processor and science dictates that eating in this manner is futile and pointless. This being based on the conversion of energy. It simply makes zero sense to put in 700 lbs of potential energy to convert into 48 ounces of a different form of stored potential energy. It does not add up!
Matter can neither be created nor destroyed so as you can see, most of this 700 lbs is just wasted potential energy.

Now my equation can be utilized by anyone to be whatever Bodyfat their heart desires at any given time. This means anyone can also hold whatever conditioning they want indefinitely since they know their heat values. They can adjust accordingly at any moment up or down to manipulate fat storage.....You can essentially pick a single date on the calendar and to the DAY, determine EXACTLY what bodyfat you will be.

I also do no cardio and lift about 3 or 4 days a week.

The best part is, you do this by eating whatever your heart desires. I like Burger King,Krispy Kreme,Cake and Cookies and Pizza. So that is what I eat. I also eat off the Food Network. And my favorite, Ice Cream! Everyday! hahah MY girlfriend is one hell of a cook and we like to pick up specials from the fish market as well. The choices are limitless....Whatever you want.

Hey dingis how many times are you going to cut and paste this on every board out there??  ::)

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
Adonis, listen you don't have principles."the adonis principles" wtf is that??? Who are you to claim you have principles? They mean shit to nobody. I should make the lionPrinciples and start telling everyone I invented them. You have zero credibility with anybody. The fact that you keep on this low protein vs ice cream and pizza even further proves why no one should listen to you. You have to have some credibility to make statements like this and all your doing is making yourself look even worse by claiming this unheard of shit. Listen to chick, he has proven himself as a bodybuilder so therefore he has credibility. You have nothing. ATTENTION all get biggers........My lionprinciples state that if you eat high protein and workout and get good sleep you will make gains. Also eat chips and cake to even further your muscularity...I just invented both of those...I am a genius....I am just like adonis....who is with me?????

#

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
The bottom line is this:

There are many ways to prepare for a show...the one constant I've seen in my 28 years of training and competing...is high protein. You need X-amount of calories just to sustain the amount of muscl mass you have. As one gets bigger and puts on more mass over time...their protein rquirements also get higher. In order to get lean while retaining muscle, the only way to get those calories....is from protein.

What Adonis is preaching has already been tried...many times. This isnt innovative or even original. Dr. Mario DePasquale (and probably some before him) brought this "revolutionary" method to the WBF back in the 90's....with dismal results.

I am personal friends with a few of the guys that were on the WBF, and had to follow this diet made up of high fat foods, high sugar foods, etc....a caloie is a calorie. The physiques displayed were among some of the worst I've ever seen on a pro stage...these guys looked like my balls (with all due respect to my balls!)

The answer to this great debate is simple....IT'S IN THE MIDDLE.

LIKE ALL THINGS IN LIFE...THE ANSWER LIES RIGHT WHERE PEOPLE FAIL TO LOOK...IN THE MIDDLE.

Gez...lets see..should I take 500g. of protein or 100g.??

Should I do 30 sets per bodypart, or 4?

Should I cut my water out 4 days out or 2 hours before the show?

Should I train heavy all the time, or mix in some rep work?

etc.

etc.

EXTREMES are the worst thing a competitive BB can do...every action will produce an equal and greator re-action...usually not for the better.

Epic truth - moderation is the key...
K

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
agreed moderation and mixing it up.

Although Adonis is still a genius. He is like a young Charles Lindbergh, about to take his historic journey into the unknown.

A young boyish-faced, reserved-mannered angol saxon about to change the world.

http://www.charleslindbergh.com/   looks just like him, amazing

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Look who's talking.

You have made a blanket statement, regarding the effectiveness of high-protein diets as it relates to building mass. Yet, despite case after case after case of such diets working for numerous trainers, you continue your anti-high-protein tirade.

A prime example of such is your flip-flopping, on your thread about Lou Ferrigno.

The simple fact is this: If someone was consuming 200 grams of protein per day yet struggled to gain mass, only to have his gains pick up by consuming 250-300 grams of protein per day, the increase of protein (be it solid food or protein shakes) is effective for that guy, period. 

That's been the case for lots of people, and it's safe to say that their muscles won't be falling off anytime soon, in spite of your "discovery".

Others may indeed not need as much protein, that's fine. But, those examples certainly do not dictate or warrant your claim of "high protein is a lie".

I haven`t seen one case of that happening.
Besides, how do you attribute a gain due to raising protein 50 grams?

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
Is Adonis is the missing Lindbergh baby?

nukkaready

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
I've never been in a caloric deficiet when dieting for a show..my calories go up significantly. Calories from Protien replace calories from carbs...it's that simple.

of course your drug intake goes up significantly as well during that time... allowing you to up everything else, calories, protein, training, more muscle, less body fat...

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I haven`t seen one case of that happening.
Besides, how do you attribute a gain due to raising protein 50 grams?

Simple!

Fix the other parameters: training, amount of sleep, and consumption of other nutrients.