Author Topic: Charles Poliquin poking fun of Arnold's arm measurement!  (Read 32387 times)

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
Re: Charles Poliquin poking fun of Arnold's arm measurement!
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2007, 05:31:15 AM »
Charles Poliquin is the best trainer on the planet and I'll take his words before Arnold's  8)

Yeah, pretty much. And he's probably actually trained more Olympians than Joe Weider. Real Olympians. For training and the science behind it, CP can't be beat.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2007, 05:35:59 AM »
Charles Poliquin is the best trainer on the planet and I'll take his words before Arnold's  8)

I don't think he's the best at all. We went to the same school for several years. Never saw him train hard, nor did anyone else; very average physique. Then suddenly years later late 80s he gained about 30 lb. in a short time wink wink. Still wasn't training hard even then. No special training insights from what i've read of his advice, he recycles other people's research.

We had a disagreement on how to reconfigure the school's weight room and they went with my suggestions, which he didn't appreciate the angry little twit. His ideas didn't make a lot of sense, nor did the equipment he recommended that unfortunately they ended up bringing in to the gym in the early 80s, mainly hydraulic resistance machines instead of basic good bodybuilding/lifting equipment that was needed. Those hydraulic machines were like the ones used at Curves & weren't popular; essentially a waste of a budget. His demeanor can best be described as unfriendly.

He's quite clearly jealous of Schwarzenegger.

Arnold's arms were probably around or over 22" pumped when he was 250 lb., so the number's never been entirely fictional.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2007, 07:04:50 AM »
arthur jones was known for his 'no bullshit' approach to strength and muscle building.

i would believe his claims before anyone elses, especially arnold himself who was known for the opposite.

jones measured arnolds off season right arm at 19.75 inches (apparently 'slightly pumped'),

franco's at 16.75 inches cold

sergio's at 20.5 inches cold

viator's at 19.5 inches cold

in one of his books there is a photo comparing casey and franco's biceps and casey annihilates him for size, although franco's are more cut.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2007, 07:12:52 AM »
Arnold's arms we're NOWHERE NEAR over 22 inches at any time in his life, 19 inches is more believable.

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2007, 07:32:20 AM »
Agreed great arms but I don't believe 22 inches

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2007, 07:34:23 AM »
I doubt both of these claims, but as an offseason measurement I suppose it is somewhat believable.  I would put Arnold at 6'0.
Almost 6'2, I have met him.
Squishy face retard

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2007, 07:37:44 AM »
When Arthur measured those arms no one here knows for sure how long Arnold was training for competition at the time. I have attached a pic of Arnold at the nautilus compound. Also those arms where cold. 19.75 inches pumped would be over 20 1/2 inches. Arthur also measured Ray Mentzers arm as the biggest in bodybuilding history. ::) Ray was able to achieve this feat throught machine training......

just push some weight!

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2007, 07:43:57 AM »
'Arthur also measured Ray Mentzers arm as the biggest in bodybuilding history.  Ray was able to achieve this feat throught machine training......'

if you're going to make a supposedly factual statement don't speak from the rectum.

i mean, i know you like doing many things with your rectum and i know as a result of all these activities it is very large now, but try all the same.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2007, 07:48:00 AM »

That's 23 1/2 inches.

Magnus would probably have close to 21 inches if he was ripped, and he's 6'5''.

Considering the size of Magnus' triceps, or rather, Arnold's lack of triceps mass, I don't for a minute believe that Arnold was anywhere close to 22 inches, at least not when competing.

In the light of all this, Klownmali's claims of having 21.5 inch arms in contest, are extremely ridiculous.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2007, 07:48:12 AM »
'Arthur also measured Ray Mentzers arm as the biggest in bodybuilding history.  Ray was able to achieve this feat throught machine training......'

if you're going to make a supposedly factual statement don't speak from the rectum.

i mean, i know you like doing many things with your rectum and i know as a result of all these activities it is very large now, but try all the same.

If you know anything about lifting then you would know that the famous Mentzer brothers trained like little girls at the nautilus coumpound.
just push some weight!

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2007, 07:51:55 AM »
If you know anything about lifting then you would know that the famous Mentzer brothers trained like little girls at the nautilus coumpound.

whatever, but that wasn't what i was talking about was it?

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2007, 08:06:22 AM »
Hero worship always will cloud good judgement when it comes to BB'ing. People avoid, or not accept,  the real world trues about their selected idols. Case in point: Arnold.

Going by Jones past record about being hard nosed about measurements, I'll take his findings above others. Jones used a thin, steel tape and preferred subjects being measured first thing in the morning. Even before the natural pump people may get during a normal day(measurements tend to be more in the afternoon for even average people who never workout). Any other"true" measurements" given by Arnold, or those allowed to kiss his rings, I would doubt very much. 22"'s for his quads maybe, when he was gifted with his last Mr. O, but never his arms being 22''s when in good shape. Integrity has never been part of his basic nature anyway.Sergio would be the master of true arm measurements, they looked bigger than his head when posed.

Poliquin is in the line of good trainer's, but not the selected few great trainers. For a little guy, Poliquin has outstanding arms himself, but that does not make him the reining expert about training. Reading some of his articles on T-nation he appears to use subtle sarcasm too much of the time. Making him look petty. His articles lose their value for me the more I would read them. Anyway, glad that he is still around after his heart operation years back. I believe he's in his early fifty's and still going strong. 

If anyone had trained on the original Nautilus machines, like the Mentzer bro's did, you would understand that no way anyone could train like little girls. It was full steam ahead or nothing else, by the very nature of the cam's design.
F

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2007, 08:08:36 AM »
i would believe the following measurements for Arnold in his prime

Chest 51
Arms 19
Waist 35
Legs 25-26
Calves 17
 still damn good but not what has been claimed.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2007, 11:50:26 AM »
Sure thing. When he is natural and training for a movie.
no, those are from his prime.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2007, 12:27:36 PM »
i would believe the following measurements for Arnold in his prime

Chest 51
Arms 19
Waist 35
Legs 25-26
Calves 17
 still damn good but not what has been claimed.

speaks volumes for your intellect really, you fucking clown  ::)
Scouser on Tour

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2007, 12:28:57 PM »
speaks volumes for your intellect really, you fucking clown  ::)
hahahahaha, another newbie who believes all the hype about the "great" Arnold. ::)

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2007, 12:30:59 PM »
not the hype no, but to say 25-26" legs, 17" calves and a 51" chest youre fucking out of your mind. the waist is probably close to spot on, the arms could be to within an inch, but the rest are just idiotic statements
Scouser on Tour

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2007, 12:32:48 PM »
Arnold had no triceps....no way his arms were 22 inches.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2007, 12:40:15 PM »
I don't know about the other measurements, but when it comes to arms, I have to go with sarcasm. He's spent his entire adult life watching and measuring millions of arms! He's obsessed with it.  ;)
Z

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2007, 01:31:46 PM »
19.5 according to Arthur jones

Yeah, and I believe that measurement, but if you see the photos from when it was taken you will see that Arnold looked to be "off".  He was significantly smaller than his normal competition size.  I personally believe Arnold's arm was 20" or just over when he was at his largest.
w

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2007, 01:44:40 PM »
hahahahaha, another newbie who believes all the hype about the "great" Arnold. ::)

Well, if those really were Arnold's true measurements that you gave; that would mean you have 45" arms, and a waist near 12".
With all the shit you spew, you need to make sure that it all lines up or else it comes back to you later. Case in point being what just happened. You claim one thing, call bullshit on another person, and your claims that are already misrepresented, are that much more bullshit now.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2007, 01:52:52 PM »

That's 23 1/2 inches.

Magnus would probably have close to 21 inches if he was ripped, and he's 6'5''.

Considering the size of Magnus' triceps, or rather, Arnold's lack of triceps mass, I don't for a minute believe that Arnold was anywhere close to 22 inches, at least not when competing.

Arnold had no triceps....no way his arms were 22 inches.

Most confuse Arnold's lack of extreme triceps cuts for a lack of size; one has nothing to do with the other. He had real size overall, both tris AND bis. 22" pumped at 250 is believable. 

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2007, 02:03:02 PM »
I don't believe Arthur Jones about Schwarzenegger. It's obvious here that both of them had about the same arm size, and Jones measured Oliva at about 20.5" cold. 22" pumped would've been viable off-season for both of them.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2007, 02:03:22 PM »
His long head is ridiculous.
Squishy face retard

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2007, 02:07:56 PM »
not the hype no, but to say 25-26" legs, 17" calves and a 51" chest youre fucking out of your mind. the waist is probably close to spot on, the arms could be to within an inch, but the rest are just idiotic statements
you're making the mistake of thinking that i'm saying that those are small measurements, they're not, they are GREAT measurements, just because they're not the FAKE 23 inch arm, 36 inch leg, 60 inch chest and 23 inch calf measurement bullshit that todays pros spew doesn't make those measurements less impressive.