Author Topic: Worthless Supplements  (Read 99987 times)

JStainless

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Worthless Supplements
« Reply #100 on: August 17, 2005, 07:50:55 AM »
Bad Supplements..
Fizogen Gear Cycle, and even worse... Vysotechs 17-HD

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #101 on: August 17, 2005, 09:26:22 AM »
Swole
Nitroxyn2

Just finished up a bottle, totally worthless.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: August 19, 2005, 11:46:15 AM »
Most supplements are psychological. Lets face it, if you are using something and it makes you go to the gym and train hard then so be it. I was on BSN Nitrix and made some great gains.. People were complimenting me left it right.

Was it because of the product or the fact I was training alot harder and more frequent? The world will never know......

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: August 25, 2005, 06:49:19 PM »
I have to say the worst supplement i've ever had is NOX by pinnacle....biggest waste of money i felt nothing
bodybuildersreality.com

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #104 on: August 25, 2005, 08:53:06 PM »
Anything made by MuscleTech is basically allot of hype and no quality

Berg Heil

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #105 on: September 03, 2005, 12:46:51 PM »
    I agree with pretty much everything you categorized, although you should've just saved some time by saying that all MuscleTech products are worthless. In terms of the worthwhile products, I'd add Cytodyne (the supplement itself, not the company), Boldione, and N-Large.

What do you have to say about AST Sports Science poducts?? T-Bol 100 by Chemi-Sport and IMPACT Nutrition Products?? R they worth a dime??

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #106 on: September 11, 2005, 10:52:56 PM »
Universal Animal pak works awesome!!! ;D

aeleo

• Getbig I
  • ..Looking for the best anabolic advice out there..
« Reply #107 on: September 20, 2005, 01:50:18 PM »
Non-recommended Supplements

Cell Tech (over priced)
Muscle Tech (over priced)
HMB
Carb Blockers
Myostatin Inhibitors
NO2 (just get some L-arginine)
Some Thermogenics
Andro Poppers
Most Protein bars
Fizgen ON Cycle HC
1-TU
Z-test
Boldione

Good Supplements

L-arginine
1AD
M1T
Nitrix
Glutamine
BCAA's
Nlarge II

Thanks to Squats Rule for the idea and for all those others who put in.  Also if you see something here you disagree with or know of any other supplements you have tried that are useless or way to expensive for what you get please post.  Also add supplements that you have had good results form.

awesome post

WD1284

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #108 on: September 22, 2005, 07:17:18 PM »
  There is a company out there that not to many people know about and thats NDS.  They dont do much by way of promotion (mostly word of mouth.)  You can also buy them at certin GNC's  ( I know what your thinking and their not a GNC brand!).  Well long story short their products work far better than anything out right now. If you serious about all the good supplements that you write about then you need to give this company a shot.  Its a little more expensive, but you get what you pay for.  Not to mention everytime i go in to restock they always make me a deal.

RustySteel

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #109 on: October 10, 2005, 04:42:33 PM »
I been taking the cell basics stuff too.....awesome.  Has all my l-glutamine right in it.  Orange is great!!

wells31

• Getbig II
  • Well La-Di-Frickin Da!
« Reply #110 on: October 11, 2005, 11:27:07 PM »
This is my input on supplements. 5 years of lifting heavy and taking supplements (celltech, n-large, glutamine, vanadyl sulfate, flax seed oil, fish oil, vitamin B-12, c, e, and 1ad), I have gained 60 pounds of muscle and reached many goals in the weight room. I don't know what worked the most because I have always been on this stack of supplements. Either the supplements gave me the gains or my workouts, eating, and consistency are the reasons for the gains. I do eat 3000 to 4000 calories a day. Really, if you have the heart and determination to get the results you want, you will get them.

Live for Pain!
All Heart, Live 4 Pain!

Big-r

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #111 on: October 16, 2005, 08:17:17 PM »
Glutamine and HMB are definitely worthless!!!

Actually the only supps for improving muscle mass (not health) are:
-Creatine
-BCAAs
-Essential amino acids
-Zinc (possibly)
-Whey

Berg Heil

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #112 on: October 23, 2005, 01:26:48 PM »
Looking for INFO on AST Sports Science poducts?? Also anyone take T-Bol 100 by Chemi-Sport (hard to find now)and R IMPACT Nutrition Products worth a dime??

BigCypriate

• Getbig IV
  • F****n Peasants!
« Reply #113 on: October 28, 2005, 09:30:12 AM »
 ;D

Creatine (Pure Creatine Monohydrate, beats the drink mix stuff)
Amino's (prefer pills, although they are not easily swallowed)

Creatine is great for instant results for hard gainers (with the correct diet !)

and best supplement i've seen resluts from so far is.....................

Milk. Plenty of it. (go on try something God (not Met rx) made for a change)

;)

Ozzy

• Getbig IV
  • I'm back
« Reply #114 on: October 29, 2005, 04:10:48 PM »
When I was in Iraq, they had MuscleTech products in the commisary, Cell-tech, Nitrotech and Hydroxycut. Needless to say, I wasn't too impressed by the results (they were average at best).

Then I got hooked up with some BSN stuff (Nitrix, CellMass, NO-Xplode), and let me tell you, I had greater workouts and strength increases in one month than on 3 months of the MuscleTech stuff. I totally recommend BSN to everyone. Here's their products I've taken so far:

Nitrix
CellMass
NO-Xplode
Lean Dessert Protein
Betalin 7-EC
Cheaters Relief
Thermonex

Also, I tried VitargoCGL and Vitrix from Nutrex Research. The VitargoCGL worked great along with the testosterone-jacking Vitrix. If you don't like BSN or MuscleTech, give Nutrex a try.

Later.

big E

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #115 on: November 01, 2005, 01:30:44 PM »
BSN ,s no-explode is good. Nitrix on the other hand i feel is crap. I haven't taken cellmass. I dont want to use creatine anymore i look like the staypuff marshmellow man on it. Best fatburner lipo-6.
Thaiboxing,Bjj

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: November 05, 2005, 06:11:09 AM »
Try to eat more real food and just use supps as they are supposed to be used... as a "supp" to your regular diet.

A good whey protein powder and a quality multi vitamin is really all you need.  There are tons of ridiculous products out there, surrounded by tons of hype, not worth the money.

I mean they (supps) wont hurt nothing...but your wallet.  And for no real gain.

rowdyrugby

« Reply #117 on: November 09, 2005, 09:30:22 PM »
BSN supplements are definatly the best right now, try the mass stack ur pumps will be unreal, the srength gains are fast, and you never get sore from workouts b/c cell mass has some form of glutamine AKG that honestly doesn't let u get sore

look at bodybuilding.com and on ebay, e-supplements

this is were u will find the best prices (can be expensive)

also has anyone ever used the on cycle, off cycle deal?? it looks kinda like a testosterone thing? water retention?

thegame00

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #118 on: November 10, 2005, 11:34:50 AM »
BSN NITRIX - THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

Kevin Behn

« Reply #119 on: November 14, 2005, 10:00:47 AM »
Yohimbe works well for me. I have M1T but haven't tried it yet. Any comments on M1T would be appreciated.

thomspon

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #120 on: November 17, 2005, 07:20:42 PM »
m1t from gaspari worked best for me, until my kidneys started to ache.. did work well for otc drug but not woth it being as toxic as it is.

AndyT

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #121 on: November 21, 2005, 07:31:35 PM »
IMO,When i take HMB, i dont feel as sore the next day after a workout.

Zugzwang

• Getbig II
  • adirtyjob.blogspot.com
« Reply #122 on: November 29, 2005, 04:29:42 AM »
I'm not sure if it's fair to call it worthless, but Maximuscle's Cyclone is far and away the most tasteless shit I have ever endured. They call it 'strawberry', but it's the most foul-testing chemical watery gliss on Earth. I'm skeptical that something so watery can contain the 20g of protein per scoop they claim, as well as 5g of creatine and 5g of L-gluatimine. Looks like bull to me. And tastes like crap.
adirtyjob.blogspot.com

big E

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #123 on: November 29, 2005, 01:53:22 PM »
I'm taking superpump 250 by gaspari nutrition and vitamin shops brand of no2 called nutralean its working great for me. also 50 mgs of vanadyl sulfate before and after, fukin road map veins everywhere.
Thaiboxing,Bjj

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #124 on: December 01, 2005, 06:22:03 AM »
I disagree with NO2 (MRI's NO2 anyways) not working.   I've used it in the past and had great results (although it is very over priced). 
  Nox3 on the otherhand didn't do anything for me.
My 2 cents...
if you buy thier web special it comes out to 62.50 a month wich isnt to bad, ive used others and id say you get what you pay forwith this stuff!