Author Topic: '93 Labrada underrated?  (Read 9739 times)

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
'93 Labrada underrated?
« on: February 06, 2007, 04:13:36 PM »
I was just watching the 93'Arnold classic last night, the so called "(lowest bf on a bb ever)" and at the end, when he's on stage next to Labrada they both look so ripped and dry that flex woudn't take Labrada on his condition alone, it was his size!!! btw, when standing relax Labrada had a much better V taper than Flex who was kind of narrow on lat width and his pecs looked kind of short compared to his large abdominal region (Flex had a tiny waist don't give me wrong), but his abs were kind of too long next to his chest, for a perfect torso anyways

the show could have gone either way (yet people think Flex was the best a bber ever looked on stage that day)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Flex wheler 93' overrated??
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 04:15:45 PM »
Flex 1993 was a sight to behold , just an outstanding bodybuilder but you do have some vaild points about Labrada another amazing bodybuilder

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 04:19:10 PM »
see what i mean? Labrada had the chest,delts,arms waist and hardness all in harmony.....he was down to a point

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 04:20:37 PM »
I was just watching the 93'Arnold classic last night, the so called "(lowest bf on a bb ever)" and at the end, when he's on stage next to Labrada they both look so ripped and dry that flex woudn't take Labrada on his condition alone, it was his size!!! btw, when standing relax Labrada had a much better V taper than Flex who was kind of narrow on lat width and his pecs looked kind of short compared to his large abdominal region (Flex had a tiny waist don't give me wrong), but his abs were kind of too long next to his chest, for a perfect torso anyways

the show could have gone either way (yet people think Flex was the best a bber ever looked on stage that day)

Where did get the vid? Flex was narrow, but his back was ripped to shreds. I have a back double bi pic, and Flex's detail was off the meter, and his conditioning was spot on. He was ripped even in his problem areas from the lower back to hams.
I noticed that Flex at the 1993 Olympia had a better V taper than Labrada, and Flex's waist was smaller from the front (it seemed) than Shawn Ray's. I think if Flex had not broken his neck, and continued gaining small increments of muscle he would have been a 5-7 time Arnold Classic winner 

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 04:21:36 PM »
see what i mean? Labrada had the chest,delts,arms waist and hardness all in harmony.....he was down to a point

Labrada had more of a classic physique , but Flex had very tiny joints and full bellies and outstanding shape .

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 04:23:30 PM »
Where did get the vid? Flex was narrow, but his back was ripped to shreds. I have a back double bi pic, and Flex's detail was off the meter, and his conditioning was spot on. He was ripped even in his problem areas from the lower back to hams.
I noticed that Flex at the 1993 Olympia had a better V taper than Labrada, and Flex's waist was smaller from the front (it seemed) than Shawn Ray's. I think if Flex had not broken his neck, and continued gaining small increments of muscle he would have been a 5-7 time Arnold Classic winner 

The video was on YouTube it was abouts Flexs' life and they showed a short clip and if Flex didn't break his neck he would have beat Yates at the 94 Olympia if he was spot on

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
  • Sergio can split the atom. With his bare hands.
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 04:56:04 PM »
Flex at the '93 Ironman certainly isn't overated, Flex presented one of the best physiques to ever grace a bodybuilding stage IMO. He seemed a little lighter at both the Arnold & Olympia that year.

SERGIO!!!!
Ugh, my retirement grease

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 04:57:47 PM »
the problem with flex was his lats were abysmally small, he had very little in regards to back width. I posteda pic on here last year of him doing a rear lat spread next to Orville, ive seldom seen such a raping onstage
Scouser on Tour

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 07:15:06 PM »
'93 Flex Wheeler overrated???

Yeah, of course. His condition was WAY overrated. He didn't have shit going for him. No, really...  ::)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 07:18:43 PM »
93 Flex deserved the O!
just push some weight!

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 07:21:31 PM »

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2007, 07:23:17 PM »
just push some weight!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2007, 08:36:04 PM »
This thread title should have been:
'93 Labrada underrated?
!

Sir Bigness

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Get busy Living, or get busy Dying!!
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2007, 08:36:35 PM »
Flex = too cocky
       = used too much esciline
       = used too much synthol
       = glutes and hams were always too soft
       = had too many excuses as to why he didn't win
       = and watch his video and you'll see a lazy trainer

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2007, 12:11:53 AM »
Flex = too cocky
       = used too much esciline
       = used too much synthol

what you mean lazy?

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2007, 12:15:11 AM »
  How can anyone with 0.0% bodyfat (the lowest ever recorded at Gold's Gym)be over rated?

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2007, 01:13:22 AM »
labrada was under-rated for the last few years of his career. at least 2 of the years he shouldve been mr.o.

standing next to yates and levrone, and yates and haney....labrada looked the best IMO.

Same for the 93 ASC. My eyes had labrada 1st...calf implants and lack of back width had flex in second, but only because of his extreme conditioning.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2007, 01:33:10 AM »
93 Flex deserved the O!

Come on Alexxx, are you kidding? Flex's conditioning in the 93 Olympia wasn't as good as the one he had when he won the Ironman and Arnold Classic that year, not to mention he himself agreed that 'Dorian was untouchable'. Dorian was an absolute monster - huge, full, ripped and incredibly thick, not to mention he looked amazing in a lot of his poses, including his signature poses. Between Shawn and Flex it was touch and go, but between Flex and Dorian, it was day and night.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2007, 05:42:24 AM »
Flex = too cocky
       = used too much esciline
       = used too much synthol

And yet, with ALL those things mentioned above he STILL looked good. Don't hate!  ;D

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2007, 05:43:29 AM »
This thread title should have been:
'93 Labrada underrated?

Thanks. :)

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2007, 05:47:29 AM »
  How can anyone with 0.0% bodyfat (the lowest ever recorded at Gold's Gym)be over rated?

1-we are talking about the Arnold classic 93', not what he looked like one day at gold's.

2- Flex muscle separation,tiny joints and full bellies  made him looked 0.0 % but that's not (possible) true.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2007, 06:00:11 AM »
labrada was under-rated for the last few years of his career. at least 2 of the years he shouldve been mr.o.

standing next to yates and levrone, and yates and haney....labrada looked the best IMO.

Same for the 93 ASC. My eyes had labrada 1st...calf implants and lack of back width had flex in second, but only because of his extreme conditioning.

Exactly!!
Labrada had 2 choices after haney retired,  disfigure his physique and chase Yates or retired.

I think  he did the right thing after all.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2007, 06:13:24 AM »
1-we are talking about the Arnold classic 93', not what he looked like one day at gold's.

2- Flex muscle separation,tiny joints and full bellies  made him looked 0.0 % but that's not (possible) true.

WHAT? Jim Quinn saw it for a fact! Are you doubting Jim?

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2007, 06:21:30 AM »
WHAT? Jim Quinn saw it for a fact! Are you doubting Jim?

Si I mean,Yes.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2007, 06:36:12 AM »
Come on Alexxx, are you kidding? Flex's conditioning in the 93 Olympia wasn't as good as the one he had when he won the Ironman and Arnold Classic that year, not to mention he himself agreed that 'Dorian was untouchable'. Dorian was an absolute monster - huge, full, ripped and incredibly thick, not to mention he looked amazing in a lot of his poses, including his signature poses. Between Shawn and Flex it was touch and go, but between Flex and Dorian, it was day and night.

I never said Diesel didn't deserve to win it too. ;)

I think Labrada was overrated though. He looks like a bubblehead. Shawn Ray has a better head to body proportion then Labrada.
just push some weight!