Author Topic: Would you rather be HUGE AND SHREDDED...or...SMALLER AND AESTHETIC??????????  (Read 7529 times)

GoneAway

• Getbig V
Arnold had a big chest on a big torse. His ribcage was second to none. Not one guy today has a rib box that big!

Oh ok, I was talking about length of torso. Yeah, he had a killer ribcage.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Oh ok, I was talking about length of torso. Yeah, he had a killer ribcage.

I see. Arnold had length too just his shoulders we never on par with his chest. I don't think he ever went to heavy for them either. I think he actually injured them.
just push some weight!

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Small chest on a long torso = not the best thing. But he made up for it in other areas.

I don't see the long torso. Lee Preist has long torso. And Dex does, due to having ligh lats. Flex's lats were pretty mid range, but his V taper was excellent.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
I don't see the long torso. Lee Preist has long torso. And Dex does, due to having ligh lats. Flex's lats were pretty mid range, but his V taper was excellent.

It's not freaky long and I agree about the V taper. Just looks too long for his chest in some shots or maybe his chest looks too small.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
It's not freaky long and I agree about the V taper. Just looks too long for his chest in some shots or maybe his chest looks too small.

Chest too small. If he had a JOJ chest with more lats, Flex would have been damn near perfect.

But I wouldn't mind looking like this:

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Yeah Flex didn't have a big torso and that was probably one of the biggest drawbacks to his physique. If he had the torso of Lee Haney then he would have been the best bodybuilder ever!
Does that make Haney the best of all time then?

I'd rather be huge, shredded and Aesthetic.  Like Haney, Ronnie, Levrone. etc

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Does that make Haney the best of all time then?

I'd rather be huge, shredded and Aesthetic.  Like Haney, Ronnie, Levrone. etc

Haney's track record speaks for itself so anything I add won't make a difference. I definetly put him in the top 5 best bodybuilders of all time. His upperbody was unmatched at his time (chest,shoulders,back,ribcage,waist). A few men have managed a more impressive build and to me they are Arnold and Sergio.
just push some weight!

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
You're absolutely right, his accomplishments speaks for itself.  I personally think he's the best of all time. I wouldn't argue with someone who might have Sergio, Arnold or Ronnie as number one either.  You mentioned Sergio and Arnold, who are the other two in your top five.

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
I dont think lee haney looked very good...... sorry I just dont get what people thought was so special about him

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
You're absolutely right, his accomplishments speaks for itself.  I personally think he's the best of all time. I wouldn't argue with someone who might have Sergio, Arnold or Ronnie as number one either.  You mentioned Sergio and Arnold, who are the other two in your top five.

Flex purely because of genetics. Serge Nubret and Steve Reeves. Yeah I know it is 6 but the last two are just undeniable.
just push some weight!

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
I dont think lee haney looked very good...... sorry I just dont get what people thought was so special about him
emmmmmm, where do I start.  I don't think i've ever heard anyway say Haney didn't look very good.  He was the bigest guy around during his era. Next to Buchanan he had the best chest to waist ratio, arguably the best symetry, every bodypart (except his hamstring and bicep peak) was a strong point.  Even without a great peak he was untouchable in the double bicep pose. I think if you take the same physique that he won his 8th olypia with he'd still place top 6 today.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
This photo speaks for itself.
just push some weight!

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Flex purely because of genetics. Serge Nubret and Steve Reeves. Yeah I know it is 6 but the last two are just undeniable.
Well, for Haney's sake, I'm gonna end it here with you.  Two posts ago he was top 5 two post later he's down to 6th  ;D ;D 

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Well, for Haney's sake, I'm gonna end it here with you.  Two posts ago he was top 5 two post later he's down to 6th  ;D ;D 

I never gave him a number. ;)
just push some weight!

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
This photo speaks for itself.

WOW.... Haney does look amazing there...... Alexx just interested where would you place Shawn Ray and Dorian Yates???

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
Chest too small. If he had a JOJ chest with more lats, Flex would have been damn near perfect.

But I wouldn't mind looking like this:
that pic... is what i would strive for....
thats a wicked pic...
takin nothing from nasser he was phenomenal..
but...that pic of flx in the towel.. perfect physique...
choice is an illusion

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
WOW.... Haney does look amazing there...... Alexx just interested where would you place Shawn Ray and Dorian Yates???

Top 10 ;D
just push some weight!

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Though you just said you didn't think he looked that good.

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
I never gave him a number. ;)
You're right, but if you have someone as #1, 2, 3 or 4 you wouldn't say they're in you top 5.  I was going on the theory that top 5 means 5th.  Whatever the case may be, I think it's fair to say we both would agree that he's "Totallee Awesome"

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
i wouldn't put Haney anywhere near the top 5, arms and legs way too small for that.

pobrecito

• Getbig V
i wouldn't put Haney anywhere near the top 5, arms and legs way too small for that.

1. Yates
2. Coleman
3. Arnold
4. Wheeler (93)
5. Ray

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
You're right, but if you have someone as #1, 2, 3 or 4 you wouldn't say they're in you top 5.  I was going on the theory that top 5 means 5th.  Whatever the case may be, I think it's fair to say we both would agree that he's "Totallee Awesome"

You are right. It is very hard to answer a question like this because they never stood side by side on a contest stage at their all time best conditions. Nevertheless let us just say that I hold Lee Haney at the highest respect and almost a black equivalent to Arnold.
just push some weight!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
1. Yates
2. Coleman
3. Arnold
4. Wheeler (93)
5. Ray
exactly, but as crazy as this might sound i'd put Shawn ahead of Arnold, Shawn was far more complete and better conditioned.

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
Though you just said you didn't think he looked that good.

I said that was a good pic of him.... not that i think he was a great bodybuilder...... I dont have him top 5.... just my opinion on the subject

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
exactly, but as crazy as this might sound i'd put Shawn ahead of Arnold, Shawn was far more complete and better conditioned.
So Haney's not top 5 because of his arms and legs.  Wouldn't you have to eliminate Arnold for his legs and Dorian for having small arm also  ???.  Haney's legs looked great from the front and his triceps were second only to Mike Christian. It's his hamstrings and bicep peak that were weak. Not arguing with you list just the logic.