Author Topic: NBA Gay  (Read 2489 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
NBA Gay
« on: February 07, 2007, 02:38:07 PM »

Who would've guessed?

But now that I think about it, who ever heard of this guy before?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: NBA Gay
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 04:51:33 PM »
He was a journeyman.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 09:56:04 PM »
Amaechi comes out
Former center becomes first openly gay NBA player
Posted: Wednesday February 7, 2007 1:43PM; Updated: Wednesday February 7, 2007 9:02PM

John Amaechi is the sixth pro male athlete from the four major American sports to publicly discuss his homosexuality.
AP
NEW YORK (AP) -- The small, exclusive club of openly gay professional male athletes has a new member.

Former NBA center John Amaechi, who spent five seasons with four teams, on Wednesday became the first NBA player to publicly come out.

His admission comes three years after his playing career ended, making him the sixth professional male athlete from one of the four major U.S. sports -- basketball, baseball, football, hockey -- to openly discuss his homosexuality.

Amaechi details his life in his autobiography Man in the Middle, which will be released Feb. 14.

"He is coming out of the closet as a gay man," Amaechi's publicist Howard Bragman said.

Martina Navratilova, perhaps the most famous openly gay athlete in the world, praised Amaechi's decision and said it's imperative for athletes to come out because of what she called an epidemic of suicides among young lesbians and gays.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/basketball/nba/02/07/amaechi.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 08:14:51 AM »
hmmmm.... I wonder . . .

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 08:15:41 AM »
also . . .

(okay, okay, I know he's married- just a Lakers fan here having some fun)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 09:14:48 AM »
There's got to be a couple of bone smugglers playing in the NBA right now.

You wouldn't believe how much pussy NBA players get after games. A friend of a friend is part of Gilbert Arena's entourage and told me some awesome stories.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 01:19:52 AM »
You wouldn't believe how much pussy NBA players get after games. A friend of a friend is part of Gilbert Arena's entourage and told me some awesome stories.

No question.

The hardest part about being gay in the NBA wouldn't be dealing with teammates who might shun you...it would be dealing with all the bitches who STILL want to give you the pussy anyway!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 06:13:38 AM »
Barkley said he played with 2-3 gay players and it was no big deal.

LeBron said he'd feel the player isn't trustworthy for keeping that secret.  LeBron has some growing up to do.  You can only imagine how many idiots would shout "f@g!" at NBA games. 

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2007, 03:42:39 PM »
Barkley said he played with 2-3 gay players and it was no big deal.

LeBron said he'd feel the player isn't trustworthy for keeping that secret.  LeBron has some growing up to do.  You can only imagine how many idiots would shout "f@g!" at NBA games. 

What LeBron said was pretty fucking dumb.. Yea, someone's gonna throw away their career just because he wants them to be honest about something that isn't even his business.  ::)

fearANDloathing

• Getbig III
  • Deep in The Plak Tow. Don't Fuck with me!
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2007, 10:35:45 AM »
What LeBron said was pretty fucking dumb.. Yea, someone's gonna throw away their career just because he wants them to be honest about something that isn't even his business.  ::)
Just remember how young LeBron is, despite his physical presence he's practically a baby so he's bound to say a few dumb things once in a while.
No player can  come out while playing right now, it would just be too much of a distraction for him and whatever team he happens to play for.

body88

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2007, 10:50:08 AM »
I wonder how many NBA, NFL, and MLB players are secretly gay?

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2007, 05:16:45 PM »
Just remember how young LeBron is, despite his physical presence he's practically a baby so he's bound to say a few dumb things once in a while.
No player can  come out while playing right now, it would just be too much of a distraction for him and whatever team he happens to play for.

Not an excuse.

body88

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2007, 07:02:35 PM »
Not an excuse.

I agree... If he is mature enough to cash a 90 million dollar endorsement check, he better be mature enough to know how to speak in public.