Author Topic: this is getting redicolous!  (Read 5563 times)

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
this is getting redicolous!
« on: February 08, 2007, 10:42:46 AM »
Fellas, I can't sleep! its seriously driving me crazy! 3 nights now i've had a bad sleep after the best training week of my life...I trained 5 days straight so I really needed the rest and on the day of my off day i had an aptitude test to do for a job so i was stressing it and ended up not sleeping....sure enough i caught a bug to go along with it....cold/sore throat. 

yesterday i bought a whole bunch of melatonin but it didn't really work....any tips on falling asleep guys i'll try anything.
bodybuildersreality.com

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
Re: this is getting redicolous!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 01:04:02 PM »
What about warmed milk?

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 01:18:22 PM »
What about warmed milk?

yeah and had honey for your sore throat
are you delusional?

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 01:24:24 PM »
or, also, I forgot, turkey for the tryptophans (you can also purchase tryptophans, an amino acid, in bottled form)

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 01:30:55 PM »
or, also, I forgot, turkey for the tryptophans (you can also purchase tryptophans, an amino acid, in bottled form)

Upon reading further into it, take L-Tryptophans in bottled form, apparently the protein in turkey interferes with sleep inducing effect.

See "Does Eating Turkey Make You Sleepy?" http://chemistry.about.com/od/holidaysseasons/a/tiredturkey.htm

TestDummy

• Getbig IV
  • 5%
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 10:37:41 PM »
What about warmed milk?

awwww, isn't that sweet.....Hey why don't you go read him a bed time story too, that might help...

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 03:55:43 AM »
Valerian.  good hippy shit
It hasn't helped...

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 08:00:37 AM »
awwww, isn't that sweet.....Hey why don't you go read him a bed time story too, that might help...

Or, better yet, we could read him some of your lame ass posts . . .

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 08:33:17 AM »

stfu punk.

No place for this shit here.

Tryptophan is a good choice, also barley is pretty good. have some barley extract with red wine, you'll sleep like a baby.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2007, 11:15:44 AM »
thanks for the help guys! i used melatonin,nyquil and nytol last night.........that worked.......good.
bodybuildersreality.com

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2007, 11:18:13 AM »
thanks for the help guys! i used melatonin,nyquil and nytol last night.........that worked.......good.

stop the melatonin!!

your body will adopt to it VERY fast and you will have to supplement longer.

Try to stay as natural as possible, herb teas, plant extracts, amino acids.

medication fucks your system up and makes the body rely on it. Not good.

4thAD

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2007, 06:52:23 PM »
You can try benadryl. It works not addictive, and no hangover as long as you can sleep at least 8 hours. You will sleep very well guaranteed. In some countries it is used specifically as a sleep aid.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2007, 08:43:10 PM »
Fellas, I can't sleep! its seriously driving me crazy! 3 nights now i've had a bad sleep after the best training week of my life...I trained 5 days straight so I really needed the rest and on the day of my off day i had an aptitude test to do for a job so i was stressing it and ended up not sleeping....sure enough i caught a bug to go along with it....cold/sore throat. 

yesterday i bought a whole bunch of melatonin but it didn't really work....any tips on falling asleep guys i'll try anything.
hahahah welcome to my world i have permanent insomnia due to a rapid heart beat and i only sleep 1-2 hours a night,all is not lost though at least now i will have someone to talk to when theres nothing to do at 3-4 in the morning

AVBG

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2007, 08:59:34 PM »

Watch a Lee Priest DVD.. that'll put you to sleep  ;D :P

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2007, 09:47:16 PM »
hahahah welcome to my world i have permanent insomnia due to a rapid heart beat and i only sleep 1-2 hours a night,all is not lost though at least now i will have someone to talk to when theres nothing to do at 3-4 in the morning
my god man...1 hour a night! thats horrible! i would get sick all the time! if dont' sleep enough i catch a bug, every time! how do you train on that little sleep?
bodybuildersreality.com

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2007, 09:54:18 PM »
my god man...1 hour a night! thats horrible! i would get sick all the time! if dont' sleep enough i catch a bug, every time! how do you train on that little sleep?
i never get tired,my resting heartbeat is 125 a minute(family problem)i still eat like every two hours

even if i dont sleep 24 hour or more i never get tired,if i eat allot of carbs when i am a little sleepy that will knock me out for a nice long 2 hours

pac-man

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2007, 09:55:21 PM »
If this happens again in the future try taking "Simply Sleep" by Tylenol if melatonin doesn't work.  Its like taking NyQuil without the Acetiminiphin(sp?).

I go through sleeping problems every now and again and that stuff will knock you out!

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2007, 09:58:06 PM »
well i am going to pick up my bitch to come to my beach house and watch aqua teen hungerforce,and bone till the sun comes up .so at least i have my sleepless night is planed ;D

bench

TestDummy

• Getbig IV
  • 5%
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2007, 10:38:35 PM »
stfu punk.

No place for this shit here.

Tryptophan is a good choice, also barley is pretty good. have some barley extract with red wine, you'll sleep like a baby.

:'(

TestDummy

• Getbig IV
  • 5%
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2007, 10:39:21 PM »
Or, better yet, we could read him some of your lame ass posts . . .

:'( Hahahahahahaha

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2007, 06:10:37 AM »
BENADRYL helps me everytime, i sleep like a baby for 10-12 hours if i take it.

Hey benchmonster!
Resting heart rate 125? Isnīt that dangerous? It sure taxes your heart way too much.
If you were being serious why hasnīt your doc prescriped you some beta blockers?
Esp. heart specific beta blockers.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

elspecimino

• Getbig III
  • hulk hogan=largest arms in the world
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2007, 08:39:41 AM »
stop the melatonin!!

your body will adopt to it VERY fast and you will have to supplement longer.

Try to stay as natural as possible, herb teas, plant extracts, amino acids.

medication fucks your system up and makes the body rely on it. Not good.
Agreed.  Your body will adapt to the Melatonin fast.  Stick with Valerian Root.

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2007, 06:08:04 PM »
i know how u feel...its the worst thing ever...u've trained hard u need a good nite sleep...then u sleep like shit and get about 5 or 6 hours. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2007, 08:49:11 PM »
i know how u feel...its the worst thing ever...u've trained hard u need a good nite sleep...then u sleep like shit and get about 5 or 6 hours. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
yeah, i guess its in your head  ???  if you think ok i have to sleep I HAVE to sleep you'll never get to sleep. IM the worst too, as soon as im ready to go to sleep i start thinking about useless shit.
bodybuildersreality.com

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2007, 03:22:40 AM »
lol yeah...alot of it is in the head.

sometimes when u are overtrained or tired its ahrd to sleep...then u look at the clock its like 2 am and u have to be up early and ur like 'fuck' lol.

i havent had a day off in 22 days (stupid i know but desparate to lose fat) tomorw is my day off cant wait. (i only train 3 days per week with weights...but been doing walking cardio for atleast an hour per day)
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!