Author Topic: Stomach problems during lifting  (Read 1702 times)

Wynd

• Getbig I
Stomach problems during lifting
« on: February 08, 2007, 02:14:37 PM »
During lifting, i get this weird feeling im my stomach and i end up gagging.  Im not sure whats causing this, i tried with my supplements and without.  I tried breathing different ways during my workout and it seems to actually be worse when i breathe properly during my routine.  This is really effecting my workout and i cant really figure out what the problem is.  This happens even when im lifting lighter weight that is no where near my max.

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Stomach problems during lifting
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 05:25:14 PM »
I would seriously suggest seeing a doctor. there could be a number of things going on..  or at least call  up an advice nurse and see what he/she says..

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 08:42:28 PM »
how long before the gym do you eat? does this happen regardless of exercise?
Z

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 04:52:01 AM »
A stomach needs about 2 to 3 hours to digest food, and sometimes more if it's a lot. The food will be processed in two or three times. Try training on an empty stomach or only energydrink.

If it's not the food, go see the doctor ;D

Wynd

• Getbig I
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 08:38:42 AM »
Well i usually take Ampd when i lift so its on an empty stomach and the days i didnt take it i ate about 4 hours before lifting.  I just drink water when im lifting too.  This seems to happen when im doing exercises that im standing up during.  I was doing concentration curls and i was fine but when i stood up to do hammers and reverse curls thats when it bothered me.  It also bothers me when i do bench press and butterflies.

Can anyone give me an idea of what it could be so i go into the doctors knowing some possibilities to expect.

66bronco

• Getbig I
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 05:45:24 PM »
I had the same issues, it turned out being the water fountain at the gym.  I was reusing a water bottle and something in the water kept getting me sick.  I started buying a water prior to the gym and no more problems.

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 10:45:47 AM »
Well i usually take Ampd when i lift so its on an empty stomach and the days i didnt take it i ate about 4 hours before lifting.  I just drink water when im lifting too.  This seems to happen when im doing exercises that im standing up during.  I was doing concentration curls and i was fine but when i stood up to do hammers and reverse curls thats when it bothered me.  It also bothers me when i do bench press and butterflies.

Can anyone give me an idea of what it could be so i go into the doctors knowing some possibilities to expect.

It could be the excessive stimulants on an empty stomach. 

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 01:13:15 PM »
Ask Dr. Colker at Prosource.net's forums...  He's pretty good about responding.

http://www.prosource.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=57&sid=2cbb854d1a8b2cc97ca0e43d1bc9c483

Carmello

• Getbig III
  • Believe it or not. Your choice.
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 08:04:52 PM »
try eating an hour to an hour and a half before your workout. It sounds counter productive i know, but it's worth a shot because maybe when you use alot of force, or concentration in your lifting, your stomach's acid is out of whack due to lack of food. I used to burp and get bad heartburn during my lifts, but I figured out that I needed to eat either a low sodium meal, or have a shake about an hour to an hour and a half before my workout. Good luck.
CEA999

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 09:03:27 PM »
check you're blood pressure.
Most are all show no go!