Author Topic: is anything more BORING than NASCAR?  (Read 10125 times)

scooter

• Getbig III
  • the fvckin priest deserved to die
Re: is anything more BORING than NASCAR?
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2007, 03:34:25 PM »
I like nascar alot. The bud shootout last night was pretty good although I didnt get to see it I listened to it on sirius. People dont understand how technical it is. Think about it you are going 180mph about 2 inches away from each other, and then bumb drafting, trying to get someone to work with you to get to the front. Man nascar is great. I am glad the season is back. something to do until football season starts back. I am also from NC and pretty every where you go around here on a sunday or some saturdays that is all you see or hear about. So you either have to like it or just not know what is going on.

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2007, 04:23:36 PM »
I like nascar alot. The bud shootout last night was pretty good although I didnt get to see it I listened to it on sirius. People dont understand how technical it is. Think about it you are going 180mph about 2 inches away from each other, and then bumb drafting, trying to get someone to work with you to get to the front. Man nascar is great. I am glad the season is back. something to do until football season starts back. I am also from NC and pretty every where you go around here on a sunday or some saturdays that is all you see or hear about. So you either have to like it or just not know what is going on.

my man stewart dominated and won, as usual.  i think this is his year for the 500.
i am sooo glad racing is back too.  football and racing is about on the same level for me.  as far as going to a football game or a nascar race, there's nothing like going to a race.  makes football look boring. 
43 cars with 800 HP goes by you at 180,  man that'sthe greatest!   ;D

scooter, who's your driver??
W

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2007, 05:03:50 PM »
In person, Nascar rocks. Have to BE there in person for the crowd, the scene, the intensity, the noise. :D

All of that lost on TV, where it's somewhere between bowling & syncronized swimming. Only with the right camera placement, one down in the pit most of the time, and a very big-screen TV and surround-sound system, you could get part of it.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2007, 05:05:46 PM »
90% of nascar fans are redneck inbreds with an IQ below 90 so it doesn't take much for them to be entertained

E

Something tells me he's talking about himself. ;)

scooter

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2007, 05:08:14 PM »
my man stewart dominated and won, as usual.  i think this is his year for the 500.
i am sooo glad racing is back too.  football and racing is about on the same level for me.  as far as going to a football game or a nascar race, there's nothing like going to a race.  makes football look boring. 
43 cars with 800 HP goes by you at 180,  man that'sthe greatest!   ;D

scooter, who's your driver??

I got a couple I like Gregg Biffle alot I think he will be a great driver soon. Casey Kahne (sp?) Kevin Harvick and dale Jr. I was always a big Dale Sr. fan to. I would have to say my fav. is kevin harvick or casey kahne.

What do you think about the Toyotas this year?

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2007, 05:27:10 PM »
I got a couple I like Gregg Biffle alot I think he will be a great driver soon. Casey Kahne (sp?) Kevin Harvick and dale Jr. I was always a big Dale Sr. fan to. I would have to say my fav. is kevin harvick or casey kahne.

What do you think about the Toyotas this year?

don't like the toyotas.  i guess i'm a traditionalist.  needs be all american.  i'm ok with the toyotas in the truck series, but not the cup.  it's not going to matter though when they bring out this new car of tomorrow.  which i absolutely hate. 

biffle's good, my wife is a huge Kasey Kahne fan so i guess i am too a little.  tony stewart is my die-hard fav., if i had to pick me a #2 driver, i would say kyle busch.  i know, he's young and cocky but that boy can drive a race car.  he's going to be one of the best in a few years.

not the same without Dale Sr.  i never was a huge earnhardt fan but his fan base was the sport.  i know of a lot of people who just won't watch any racing since he's gone. 

W

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2007, 05:30:25 PM »
In person, Nascar rocks. Have to BE there in person for the crowd, the scene, the intensity, the noise. :D

All of that lost on TV, where it's somewhere between bowling & syncronized swimming. Only with the right camera placement, one down in the pit most of the time, and a very big-screen TV and surround-sound system, you could get part of it.

i'll agree.  sometimes a race can get long a drawn out and even more so if your driver is out.  that really sucks.  but when your driver is battling for the lead with 5 laps to go, man that makes for some good TV.  i'm tearing my ceiling down     ;D

W

scooter

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2007, 05:47:18 PM »
don't like the toyotas.  i guess i'm a traditionalist.  needs be all american.  i'm ok with the toyotas in the truck series, but not the cup.  it's not going to matter though when they bring out this new car of tomorrow.  which i absolutely hate. 

biffle's good, my wife is a huge Kasey Kahne fan so i guess i am too a little.  tony stewart is my die-hard fav., if i had to pick me a #2 driver, i would say kyle busch.  i know, he's young and cocky but that boy can drive a race car.  he's going to be one of the best in a few years.

not the same without Dale Sr.  i never was a huge earnhardt fan but his fan base was the sport.  i know of a lot of people who just won't watch any racing since he's gone. 

yea I just heard about this yesterday my grampa was bitching about it. He wouldnt really explain it to me.but what it sounds like is that they are going to go with a new wing design on the front and rear? I dont reall know

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2007, 06:03:24 PM »
yea I just heard about this yesterday my grampa was bitching about it. He wouldnt really explain it to me.but what it sounds like is that they are going to go with a new wing design on the front and rear? I dont reall know

HTH

http://www.nascar.com/news/headlines/cup/car.of.tomorrow/index.html
W

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2007, 08:07:38 PM »
i have no problems with some types of racing. i would have respect for it if it was a race from point-a to point b, over varying road courses using any type of modified car you wanted, but watching 50 cars identical in appearance, performance and everything else drive in a cement circle 500 times is just stupid.

scooter

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2007, 08:48:26 PM »
i have no problems with some types of racing. i would have respect for it if it was a race from point-a to point b, over varying road courses using any type of modified car you wanted, but watching 50 cars identical in appearance, performance and everything else drive in a cement circle 500 times is just stupid.

I like all kinds of racing nascar is good because you never know whats going to happen. someone could wreck and mess up everything you thought was going to happen. I did like old racing better where you had to build the fastest car to win. But now it is better because it all depends on the skill of the driver. Look at top fuel drag racing those cars are exactly the same (minus a few small details) the motors are regulated the wheel base everything like that has rules. The only true racing where the fastest car wins is heads up drag racing. It is not as popular becasue you can pretty much tell who is going to win.

Drij

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2007, 12:39:39 AM »
Formula 1 should be good this year

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2007, 07:35:47 AM »
Something tells me he's talking about himself. ;)

you always did like to be wrong :P

E
E

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2007, 07:41:45 AM »
you always did like to be wrong :P

E

This guy can never leave it alone. The beauty of being totally cluelessness..

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2007, 08:03:52 AM »
This guy can never leave it alone. The beauty of being totally cluelessness..

"cluelessness" ::)

why do facts always offend you? :'(

E
E

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2007, 11:14:43 AM »
Formula 1 is the only car racing that really matters...

Hope this helps.

I

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2007, 02:22:35 PM »
Formula 1 is the only car racing that really matters...

Hope this helps.

although i love those cars and would love to drive one, those races are what's boring.  they get on those long road courses and get soooo spread out that there is absolutely NO competition. 
W

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2007, 03:58:14 PM »
90% of nascar fans are redneck inbreds with an IQ below 90 so it doesn't take much for them to be entertained

E

Wrong. Nascar is very popular in California, the southwest and the Northeast. Its getting big everywhere in the USA.
The House that Ruth built

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2007, 04:03:15 PM »
Wrong. Nascar is very popular in California, the southwest and the Northeast. Its getting big everywhere in the USA.

thank you!!

although i don't like them, the France family is really trying to grow this sport.
W

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2007, 04:07:45 PM »
thank you!!

although i don't like them, the France family is really trying to grow this sport.

Nascar has found the formula. People laughed at the sport years ago. Even if you aren't a fan people know about the Earnhardt's the Petty's. Jeff Stewart etc..
The House that Ruth built

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2007, 04:47:35 PM »

although i love those cars and would love to drive one, those races are what's boring.  they get on those long road courses and get soooo spread out that there is absolutely NO competition. 

If they could put overtaking in, it would be good. But these cars are some serious pieces of tech. Better HP to weight ratio than a Nascar stocker (Nascar stockers weigh 3,500 pounds???) With F1 the name of the game is   downforce. ANd lets not forget the one of the best drivers of all time, up there with Prost, Fangio. Totally a diff league. Plus the amount of money that the winning teams spend just to DEVELOP a car...shit loads

Now Nascar should go back to its roots, true cars derived from actual production cars. Ever heard of a rear wheel drive Taurus? Never existed, but in NASCAR it did. Imagine if you could go to the Chevy dealer and get the performance Imapala SS (provided it had a RWD platform)
 The German DTM series is more true to Stock car racing than NASCAR is...That is a shame.

Drij

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2007, 10:14:03 AM »
DTM is a sick racing league, It's either that or F1 that I watch.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2007, 12:40:19 PM »
I think watching F1 is way better then NASCAR, I mean these guys go through turns at well over 100MPH and hit 200+ on staights easy. Watching them go through turns in slow motion is crazy, so much precision and timing is needed to race in F1.
I

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2007, 11:21:01 PM »

E

Ouch........

Yet another thing we agree on.......... >:(
HAHA, RON.....

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2007, 11:24:04 PM »
"I luvs mee sum nescarr"

HAHA, RON.....