Author Topic: is anything more BORING than NASCAR?  (Read 10120 times)

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
Re: is anything more BORING than NASCAR?
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2007, 07:00:03 AM »
Bump for NASCAR sucking ;D
I

body88

« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2007, 07:50:52 AM »
I think watching F1 is way better then NASCAR, I mean these guys go through turns at well over 100MPH and hit 200+ on staights easy. Watching them go through turns in slow motion is crazy, so much precision and timing is needed to race in F1.

F1 is cool, I am a bigger fan of f1 han nascar. That said, I would say there is more precision needed to drive nascar. The turns are tricky in f1, but in nascar they make every move in a pack going 190. I am not trying to say nascar drivers are better then f1 drivers. To race at 190 mph in a pack of cars takes some serious driving ability.The f1 cars are technical marvels. A nascar is much less sophisticated then a f1 car. You have to pick your poison with a nascar. You can make the car faster, but to do that you have to sacrifice handling. You can make the car handle better, but you have to sacrifice speed. The cars are so even skill plays a huge role in the race. Not to say it does not in f1, but f1 cars are wayyyyyyyy more technically advanced. Not saying nascar drivers are better, just pointing out that a nascar is like a suped up mustang, compared to a suped up enzo. Both could have 800 horse, but the enzo is wayyyy more advanced.

body88

« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2007, 08:01:31 AM »
i have no problems with some types of racing. i would have respect for it if it was a race from point-a to point b, over varying road courses using any type of modified car you wanted, but watching 50 cars identical in appearance, performance and everything else drive in a cement circle 500 times is just stupid.

You could argue with that logic, the driver with the best car and the most money ( not necessarily the most skill) could win. I would rather see even cars racing. Shows who the best driver is.

I think some people forget how extreme it is to do anything at 185 mph. Nevermind race in a big pack of cars. 185 mph is crazy fast. Anyone who has ever done only 150 in a car knows what I am talking about. That speed does not translate on the tv. Hence, a lot of the extreme nature of the race is lost.

That said, road racing is just as boring as nascar. I love f1, but when watched on tv, it is boring as sin. Have to be there to "get it" , imo

body88

« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2007, 08:03:47 AM »
don't like the toyotas.  i guess i'm a traditionalist.  needs be all american.  i'm ok with the toyotas in the truck series, but not the cup.  it's not going to matter though when they bring out this new car of tomorrow.  which i absolutely hate. 

biffle's good, my wife is a huge Kasey Kahne fan so i guess i am too a little.  tony stewart is my die-hard fav., if i had to pick me a #2 driver, i would say kyle busch.  i know, he's young and cocky but that boy can drive a race car.  he's going to be one of the best in a few years.

not the same without Dale Sr.  i never was a huge earnhardt fan but his fan base was the sport.  i know of a lot of people who just won't watch any racing since he's gone. 

Isn't all the fuss about how Toyota out spends teams, to the point of f ing up things with the other sponsors and there teams?

body88

« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2007, 08:05:08 AM »
my man stewart dominated and won, as usual.  i think this is his year for the 500.
i am sooo glad racing is back too.  football and racing is about on the same level for me.  as far as going to a football game or a nascar race, there's nothing like going to a race.  makes football look boring
43 cars with 800 HP goes by you at 180,  man that'sthe greatest!   ;D

scooter, who's your driver??

Now don't go to far!!