Author Topic: Training Partner : Pros & Cons?  (Read 2296 times)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: Training Partner : Pros & Cons?
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2007, 08:27:08 AM »
oui: Do you have a training partner?

SCHWARZENEGGER: Yes. He helps push you through the pain periods. The relationship between the two of you is very close—closer than most marriages, in fact—and he has to understand when you're trying to chicken out, as well as when you really have to put the weights down, when you absolutely can't go on. He's looking after your body as if it were his own. Sometimes your body really gets bombed out: You try to go through this pain thing, but your body won't push the weight, and your partner will help you with his fingers just enough so that you can handle it. He'll stand behind you and lift with his fingers and make it possible—but just barely possible—for you to make the lift, and then on the next repetition, maybe he'll help a little bit more.

What's funny is how obvious the advantages are to serious BBs and how questionable it is for some here.

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2007, 08:50:32 AM »
What's funny is how obvious the advantages are to serious BBs and how questionable it is for some here.

Thet are only advantages if you have a good partner though - some are a disadvantage.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2007, 08:52:03 AM »
Thet are only advantages if you have a good partner though - some are a disadvantage.

Ya, i mentioned that earlier; should be fairly obvious to find someone worthwhile instead of settling.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2007, 09:53:37 AM »
I don't use one and have not for about 13 years.  No, I have not trained the entire time but last time I had a partner was in 93ish, late 93.  The guy I trained with was a monster, we trained like animals for about 6 months.  I have never made bigger poundage increases in my life and left the gym everyday feeling like I got my ass kicked.  He competed, I got sick and went to the hospital and was out of action for about 6 months.  When I was finally cleared to train again he had stopped training all together, I tried to get him going again but he just wasn't into it.  I never found anyone that could push me like that so I just gave up trying.  Might be nice but it's not worth the hassle to me.
nasser=piece of shit

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2007, 01:06:16 PM »
Let's hope you're kidding, that's the gayest excuse out there.
It was a new car, and he disrespected it...So i got rid of him