Author Topic: How will you vote in 2008?  (Read 2993 times)

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
Re: How will you vote in 2008?
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2007, 10:18:17 PM »
kerry was a very weak candidate, and there was no defining issue in 2004 - almost everyone loved the war.  And if they had done an Ohio recount, statistically, he would have had a 49,999/50,000 chance of winning on the paper ballots.  That's another issue tho...

In 2008, you could run a purple dinosaur saying we'd leave Iraq, next to Ronald Reagan saying "keep the men there" and I think barney would win.
but americans aren't for an immidiate pullout.  if things continue as they are now I'm sure he'll change his stance.  if hilary or obama becomes are the democratic nominee republicans will win for sure.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2007, 10:26:24 PM »
but americans aren't for an immidiate pullout.  if things continue as they are now I'm sure he'll change his stance.  if hilary or obama becomes are the democratic nominee republicans will win for sure.

what does the latest poll data say?  I know that 25% or so supported Bush's troop surge.  Where were the rest?  I haven't seen recent data. 

I honestly don't konw why everyone isn't all about leaving the cities and guarding the interests.  Most logical choice.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2007, 09:10:45 AM »

Heard one yesterday...

We've been in Iraq for years now, and we have yet to secure the road from downtown Baghdad to the airport.  How hard can that be??

Another weekend news program reported that over 50% of the U.S. troops surveyed on the ground in Iraq do not support the current U.S. involvement their.  I found that surprising.  I would've guessed 20-25%.     

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2007, 09:15:07 AM »
We've been in Iraq for years now, and we have yet to secure the road from downtown Baghdad to the airport.  How hard can that be??

Tre -

IMO, the war in Iraq had 3 purposes:

1) Remove saddam to settle daddy's score - Done.

2) Keep chaos present long enough to justify and complete building us bases and securing Iraqi oil infrastructure and resoruces - In progress

3) Spend $200 million PER DAY as long as possible on war costs.  Tanks, Humvees, guns and most importantly the 1 *support* personnel per troop from private defense contracters like Haliburton.  They are closely intertwined with the Bush admin - many moving in and out of positions in white house and private defense firms.   THe longer the AMerican people will let them spend, they'll spend!

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2007, 09:18:33 AM »
They ALL STINK!  Frankly Arnold could do no more harm than all these other jerks have allready.
At least hes real people. The country's doomed.

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2007, 03:51:09 PM »
I agree, they all political positions and platforms they will push ahead once in office.

Im not for having a foreigner as a President of this country ever!

Im not sure who I will vote for.  I am a Democrat, If a candidate presents themselves as what is better for this country, I will vote for that person regardless whether they are Rep or Dem.

The election is 2 years away, too early for me to make a decision.

It's a shame only multimillionaires can afford to run for presidency.
The brightest minds should be running this country, instead we get people who have no idea of what everyday americans are all about.

Sandra

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2007, 03:55:42 PM »
I know a lot of very well off conservative businessmen who are fed up with Bush.
Some would blow your mind.