Author Topic: I guarantee that if we made English the one and only language written or  (Read 3986 times)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
spoken, we would hear less Spanish and other languages spoken.  Let's do it and see what happens.  It will fix how immigrants work this system.  If you can't read the loan application or housing form, tough shit.
Squishy face retard

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
But where will all our tax money go?  We need these people to drain our economy..

Cap

• Getbig V
But where will all our tax money go?  We need these people to drain our economy..
Hahaha..  Well it's not that simple.  ::)  Pay them to build the border wall, from the other side.    ;D
Squishy face retard

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Hell yeah! I'm sick of pressing one for spanish and fucking mexicans refusing to learn the basic law of the land.

Cap

• Getbig V
Hell yeah! I'm sick of pressing one for spanish and fucking mexicans refusing to learn the basic law of the land.
If you have hate in your heart let it out! Jk.  It is pretty stupid.  What if I want to press 2 for Cantonese.  It isn't offered.  It's discrimination I tell you.
Squishy face retard

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
I don't think it's unreasonable to expect people to speak the national dialect.  More emphasis should be placed on this.
Thread Killer

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
speaking English should be a requirement to be in this country period.

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
No english, no work policy..  I hear this law might pass..

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
No english, no work policy..  I hear this law might pass..

If I go to China, and I can't speak either of their main dialects - I don't get a job.  The Left will howl, but this is just common sence.
Thread Killer

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
If you have hate in your heart let it out! Jk.  It is pretty stupid.  What if I want to press 2 for Cantonese.  It isn't offered.  It's discrimination I tell you.

Of course bro.. We're basically apologists to blacks and hispanics, thanks to our politicians. Instead of awarding people based on merit, we go about giving opportunities to worthless sacks of shit who wont do shit. In the global scheme of things this is pretty dangerous.when you consider the fact that other nation such as India and China have embraced Lockiean ideals in that they promote the best and brightest. But what about us? We're busy being aplogist about slavery by giving undeserving the right to attend university and the right to do whatever the fuck they like. For anyone who's studied basic economics, this can't be a good thing. Under oureconomic model only the best are supposed to be promoted and that promotes the most economic equity. But no, that's not what happens.  IN a recent study by Princeton, it showed that asian americans(asians, indians) have are the most displaced by affirmative action policies. Aren't these the very same groups that are models, models sucessful within one generation? And these are the people we're shunning? This can't be healthy for this great nation.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: I guarantee that if we made English the one and only language written or
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2007, 08:04:52 PM »
Actually, I think it's press'1' for English, and press '2' for Spanish.  ;D

Really guys, having grown up in a country that is officially bilingual, I really don't see the problem.

other than making labels a little more crowded, I see bilingualism as an asset.

"Toutes les lignes sont occupées. Pour le Français, applier le numéro deux"  :D

I guess I'm just used to walking down the street and hearing all different sorts of languages spoken.

for me, I find it really wierd or unusual to be in the States, and to see signs written exclusively in English
w

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2007, 08:07:47 PM »

Really guys, having grown up in a country that is officially bilingual, I really don't see the problem.

I guess I'm just used to walking down the street and hearing all different sorts of languages spoken.

for me, I find it really wierd or unusual to be in the States, and to see signs written exclusively in English

i hear ya jag,  but when my children's education is slowed becuase part of the class has to be taught in Spanish then i start drawing lines.  whne entire communites are spanish speaking only like in cali, then something needs to be done because that kind of thing discourages integration

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2007, 08:45:10 PM »
i hear ya jag,  but when my children's education is slowed becuase part of the class has to be taught in Spanish then i start drawing lines.  whne entire communites are spanish speaking only like in cali, then something needs to be done because that kind of thing discourages integration

I can see where that might be a bit rough.
w

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2007, 08:47:02 PM »

Momma's wrong again.

Blingualism in this country is basically a slap in the face to every culture that integrated.  German, Irish, Italian, etc all learned the language.  Mexicans shouldn't get a free ride on this one.  Never.
Squishy face retard

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2007, 09:01:23 PM »
Momma's wrong again.

Blingualism in this country is basically a slap in the face to every culture that integrated.  German, Irish, Italian, etc all learned the language.  Mexicans shouldn't get a free ride on this one.  Never.

I'm not your Mamma. I'd never spawn the likes of you.

Are you saying I'm wrong, and I don't see bilingualism to be an asset?

Are you saying I don't consider it wierd to view English only signs after being raised in an atmosphere of bilingualism?

Are you saying I am not used to hearing different languages spoken on the street everyday?

I can assure you my statements are not wrong, but infact how I feel.
w

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2007, 09:04:13 PM »

I'm not your Mamma. I'd never spawn the likes of you.

Are you saying I'm wrong, and I don't see bilingualism to be an asset?

Are you saying I don't consider it wierd to view English only signs after being raised in an atmosphere of bilingualism?

Are you saying I am not used to hearing different languages spoken on the street everyday?

I can assure you my statements are not wrong, but infact how I feel.
Reading Comprehension.  Look at what I highlighted.  That's number 1.  Number 2, I don't care anything about you're preference or experience with this.  Posting your statements as questions or even bringing them up have nothing to do with what I said.  Thanks for wasting 30 seconds of my life.
Squishy face retard

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2007, 09:07:16 PM »
Reading Comprehension.  Look at what I highlighted.  That's number 1.  Number 2, I don't care anything about you're preference or experience with this.  Posting your statements as questions or even bringing them up have nothing to do with what I said.  Thanks for wasting 30 seconds of my life.

Why are you such an arrogant little child? it is your comprehension that is in question.

You tell me I'm wrong for stating my feelings about how bilingualism affects my life.

These are opinions I stated, ...which are not wrong, ...they simply are. tu capisci? Ma che disgraziato!!  >:(
w

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2007, 09:12:31 PM »
Why are you such an arrogant little child? it is your comprehension that is in question.

You tell me I'm wrong for stating my feelings about how bilingualism affects my life.

These are opinions I stated, ...which are not wrong, ...they simply are. tu capisci? Ma che disgraziato!!  >:(
Haha.  Again....and I'll go slow.....Look....at...th e...highlighted.....sect ion....that.....is....wr ong.  I never said anything about you.  My posts don't subconciously have you in mind.  Again, reading....comprehension .
Squishy face retard

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2007, 09:18:02 PM »
Haha.  Again....and I'll go slow.....Look....at...th e...highlighted.....sect ion....that.....is....wr ong.  I never said anything about you.  My posts don't subconciously have you in mind.  Again, reading....comprehension .

There was nothing "highlighted". You quoted the entire post.

This is highlighting,   This is bolding.

(877) 222-6741  See, ...it is press '1' for English, ...and press '2' for Spanish  :D
w

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2007, 09:19:34 PM »
There was nothing "highlighted". You quoted the entire post.

This is highlighting,   This is bolding.

(877) 222-6741  See, ...it is press '1' for English, ...and press '2' for Spanish  :D
Whatever.  I "bolded" text.  You are wrong.  Dial 411 in America.
Squishy face retard

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2007, 09:21:51 PM »
Whatever.  I "bolded" text.  You are wrong.  Dial 411 in America.

I'd have to be in the USA first to do that.

Don't being such an argumentative brat. You're undermining your bid for modship.
And start to understand what the little emoticons mean.
w

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2007, 09:28:34 PM »
I'd have to be in the USA first to do that.

Don't being such an argumentative brat. You're undermining your bid for modship.
And start to understand what the little emoticons mean.
You are one person and you wouldn't vote for me regardless.  You were wrong and purposely tried to attack me.  It's obvious in your posts here.  Drop it. 
Squishy face retard

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2007, 07:48:47 AM »

You say that because you live in Ontario and have not been forced to function in French or attend school in French.   ;) Nor does Ontario have a "language police" to ensure that the French lettering on signs is twice as large as English. It's also their job to ensure that business is conducted predominately in French, that services are provided in French, etc. Bilingualism doesn't really affect your life at all, except that you might pick up the odd French word here and there.

But you know what?  The French-only policy works! Mostly everyone in Quebec, anglophones and allophones alike, speak French.  If the US instituted an English only policy, in less than a generation, everyone would speak the language.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2007, 11:04:32 AM »
You say that because you live in Ontario and have not been forced to function in French or attend school in French.   ;) Nor does Ontario have a "language police" to ensure that the French lettering on signs is twice as large as English. It's also their job to ensure that business is conducted predominately in French, that services are provided in French, etc. Bilingualism doesn't really affect your life at all, except that you might pick up the odd French word here and there.

But you know what?  The French-only policy works! Mostly everyone in Quebec, anglophones and allophones alike, speak French.  If the US instituted an English only policy, in less than a generation, everyone would speak the language.
Deedee, thanks for the cross cultural assist.  I didn't know much of what you posted.  Very interesting.
Squishy face retard

Drij

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2007, 11:26:54 AM »
Momma's wrong again.

I understand what you mean, their intentions were different compared to mexicans (& developing countries) today, unfortunately. People aren't into settling down in one place any more, and assimilating into society.

Any person being in a foreign country should respect the culture and the language. Being multilingual isn't a bad thing.

I'm assuming many of these people are illegal so why should they take the responsibility to learn the language or even go through the immigration process when they've completely eliminated the paper work themselves.