Author Topic: Can cheap men be trusted?  (Read 8878 times)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
Re: Can cheap men be trusted?
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2007, 03:14:55 PM »
All I can say is

Wow
Squishy face retard

arigato

• Getbig II
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2007, 03:33:16 PM »
some ppl are like used-cars... they might look nice at first but u gotta realize someone else beat on that car b4 u... possible few!!! and will always have problems... thats why i never bother with used anymore... what for? plenty of cheap brandnew cars out there that will never give me problems.. :) and i can modify it any way i want to0` ;)  and if im dealing with something used, i always make sure it works 100% before owning.. u feel me rhino?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2007, 01:59:21 AM »
Rhino, Babydoc,
Sorry things aren't what you would want them to be. But PLEASE, take it offline. (For you not me)

DeeDee,
when I worked at the brokerage firm, all the girls in the office would get hit on left, right, and centre.
We always had candidates sending us flowers. Sometimes, we would let others take them. we had one guy would would regularly bring the flowers home to his girlfriend but always told them where he got them from. One time, another guy took them, but he told his girlfriend how he bought them... the goof left the card in the box, and she found it. Hahahaha. It didn't go over very well.

ps - I have to confess a little lie. One time when I got a dozen roses sent to me at my office. Even tho there was no card, I knew who sent them, ...and I knew it wasn't my bf. When I got home that night, I showered my bf in kisses, and made a big deal about the roses he sent me (He lived in the same condo) ...and how much I appreciated his thoughtfulness, and how sweet he was to send them. {giggle} I knew he hadn't sent them, ...and he admitted he didn't. But I couldn't resist the gentle reminder for him to watch his ass.  ;D  Does that make me a horrible person?  :P
w

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2007, 06:01:14 AM »
Roses are also 50 bucks at a florist for a dozen. 50 bucks is nothing. When people go out and hit a lounge or a bar every friday and saturday night they spend in excess of 100 bucks on both nights.

PB

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2007, 08:19:20 AM »
and he admitted he didn't. But I couldn't resist the gentle reminder for him to watch his ass.    Does that make me a horrible person?

the best way to keep your loved 1 in check is to let em know you r in demand!

you aren't a horrible person...

but you aren't good either  ;D  ..except..thats not a bad thing! :D
carpe` vaginum!

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2007, 08:31:12 AM »
  I don't think a person should be judged by the amount of money they spend on their significant other.If he lied then that was wrong...but....why would she have asked him how much he spent? (if that was the lie) or why would she have asked him if he bought them? When someone gives you something,especially on Valentines Day,it is sort of a "given" that they purchased it.I am not defending the guy for being a schmoe because I would never do what he did,however,I don't think it means he cannot be trusted.

It is the thought that counts....after all, he didn't HAVE to re-gift her anything at all. ;D

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2007, 08:42:41 AM »
the other side of the coin is true also,

true..
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2007, 08:44:05 AM »
n oh..i have bought flowers on ocassion from the man selling em at the traffic light..

my girl appreciated em..

for me at least..it really is the thought that counts..
carpe` vaginum!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2007, 09:47:42 PM »
I think you missed the whole story. Maybe you should read the thread again. But here's the summary: Some guy brought flowers to the office, I didn't want them, it isn't appropriate to accept gifts from outside suppliers and so I gave them to the kid from another floor

In this whole scenario, it doesn't sound like the supplier got the message  ;)

He lied to his girlfriend about where he got them... told her he bought them, then bragged to us the next day about how well they worked for him.

He set the bar.  Now he has to live with it.  She'll find out soon enough.
:

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2007, 10:30:37 PM »
{LOL} Cue the Barbara Streisand and Neil Diamond duet.  ;D
w

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Failure is not an option, train hard, get big.
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2007, 11:58:36 PM »
All of the guys that replied to this SUCK!!! Can you take off your caveman ways for a minute and act like 20th Century enlightened males? Some women want the flowers and candy, others want emotional support and someone who will be there through the rough times. The cheap men are the ones who will cheat on you and expect you to support them. The enlightened males will at least TRY to have a well paying job, and show an ability to provide for a wife emotionally and financially.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2007, 12:01:33 AM »
All of the guys that replied to this SUCK!!! Can you take off your caveman ways for a minute and act like 20th Century enlightened males? Some women want the flowers and candy, others want emotional support and someone who will be there through the rough times. The cheap men are the ones who will cheat on you and expect you to support them. The enlightened males will at least TRY to have a well paying job, and show an ability to provide for a wife emotionally and financially.

Something tells me you didn't read all of the replies.

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Failure is not an option, train hard, get big.
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2007, 12:10:21 AM »
You're right I didn't read all of them...I didn't want to go postal on my computer...I'm a dieting bodybuilder 8 weeks out, I get a free pass when sticking up for the girls...

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2007, 12:11:48 AM »
You're right I didn't read all of them...I didn't want to go postal on my computer...I'm a dieting bodybuilder 8 weeks out, I get a free pass when sticking up for the girls...

Trust me when I say, everyone did not condone being a cheap lying scuzzball.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2007, 07:08:46 AM »

I find this the height of cheap.  And if he's willing to lie to save a few bucks, what else will he be willing to lie about?  I think people who are cheap with money, are also cheap when it comes to affairs of the heart.  Am I wrong?  :-\

There's actually a pretty fine line here.

Had you offered him the flowers, it would've been somewhat understandable,  but he went out of his way to ask for them. That's what makes him cheap, as well as shameless. The bragging part makes him a jackass.

If I were you, I would shoot this guy and throw him in a ditch. He's a disgrace to himself, his family and society as a whole. ;)

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2007, 07:14:34 AM »
There's actually a pretty fine line here.

Had you offered him the flowers, it would've been somewhat understandable,  but he went out of his way to ask for them. That's what makes him cheap, as well as shameless. The bragging part makes him an jackass.

If I were you, I would shoot this guy and throw him in a ditch. He's a disgrace to himself, his family and society as a whole. ;)

Thank you.  :)  So far, the relentless teasing (from the other guys... I would never do such a thing) will probably do wonders as far as peer group pressure goes... to make him change his errant ways.

Very interesting though, to get the points of view of women versus men on this thread.  :P

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2007, 11:23:57 PM »

WHATEVER. I have never cheated on a woman and I have never let them pay their own way on any date,much less pay for me or support me. ::) But what makes the difference whether he bought her flowers or got them from the office.He still thought of her,didn't he? Bragging about it makes him look like a jackass though,as someone else said.For the record I wouldn't have done what he did because it is cheap...I just don't think
cheap= untrustworthy.

A guy I work with got his girl silk flowers.He said that way they will last.  :-\  I know it is the thought that counts,but to me that says "schmoe". What do you ladies think about that?

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2007, 03:35:50 AM »
I think there's a difference between being frugal/wise with cash and being cheap.

That having been said, here's what happened yesterday.  A supplier came in with a huge bouquet of flowers which he dumped on my desk, but technically they were for everyone. (I'm the only female)  I put them out in the main area, but the guys complained that they "smelled" so I brought them back to my desk.  All of this back and forth attracted the attention of a really junior guy who is basically a schlepper, but he makes decent money and lives at home, so doesn't really have any financial obligations. He wanted to take them to give to his girlfriend.  None of us really wanted them, so we said sure...

Today he's all smiles and walking around with his pecs stuck out because his girlfriend went out of her way to "appreciate" him on V-Day, since she was under the impression that he spent well over $100 on flowers for her.  He told us he lied, and finds nothing wrong with that.

I find this the height of cheap.  And if he's willing to lie to save a few bucks, what else will he be willing to lie about?  I think people who are cheap with money, are also cheap when it comes to affairs of the heart.  Am I wrong?  :-\
You should have said "Well I hope you removed the little card that says: To the staff of 'insert your company name here' for a wonderful year and continued success, from 'insert suppliers name here'. 

Can you imagine his face?  THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN FUNNY!!!  :D
:D Weee

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2007, 09:22:10 PM »
The only thing this guy did what was wrong was tell you people at work that he did this to his girl..He will be a guy who ends up learning the hard way that he should keep his trap shut...Now if someone from his work bumps into his girlfriend, they just may ask her if she like the flowers...And then spill the beans on where they came from...Of course in a subtle way...

oh and by the way.  You can trust a cheap man but never i repeat never trust a man who doesn't like beer...

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2007, 08:14:13 PM »
The Lie just sets him up for her finding out and being Real PISSED, and not trusting him (and she shouldn't).
If you just walk in and down play the FREE flowers, and tell the truth, then help her set 'em up, you still get points ;).
But, Get caught lieN >:(.

Throwin' cash in the trash, and smart money handling are 2 way different things alltogether.
It's a personal thing. Everyones on a different budget. Those who cant add and subtract (Oh there's lots) just dig their own hole.  The trendy developments by me are full of couples having a tough time right now with too much house, and other goodies.  Being realistic is just smart. Esp now; the US economy is a bit precarious if nobody's noticed.