Author Topic: Reason why frank mcgrath came last (pics)  (Read 18369 times)

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
Re: Reason why frank mcgrath came last (pics)
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2007, 02:11:28 PM »
Frank has the means(sponsorship) to move if he really feels it is his geographical location that is holding him back in his bodybuilding career...It is ludicrous to make the excuse it is more difficult for him to develop his physique because of location...Other great bodybuilders of the past have been successful no matter where they lived and so can Frank...Just another lame excuse about location.... ::)
You Can't Do It!!!

Frank Mcgrath

• Getbig II
« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2007, 02:30:30 PM »
hey Mat, I was sick for a few days befor the show, and the day of i couldnt keep any thing down, so i was very flat, i was in the pump up room and i just couldnt get a pump, so that and noy being able to i decided not to contunie. as for as moving i dont know how much people think i make but beleive me its not much, i make enough to get by. So sorry to disapoint you. so moving would not be easy

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2007, 02:46:53 PM »
Get that man his Blue Stars!!! :P

Hey Frank, are you still (or did you ever get started) working with Milos?

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2007, 02:47:21 PM »
Get your prostars and I will take you more seriously...Until then you could just as easily be a gimmic account...No offense if you really are Frank that is....
You Can't Do It!!!

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2007, 02:56:07 PM »
hey Mat, I was sick for a few days befor the show, and the day of i couldnt keep any thing down, so i was very flat, i was in the pump up room and i just couldnt get a pump, so that and noy being able to i decided not to contunie. as for as moving i dont know how much people think i make but beleive me its not much, i make enough to get by. So sorry to disapoint you. so moving would not be easy

I think you are very skilled at building muscle but not as much at promoting yourself.  There is no good reason why you couldn't be acquiring a lot more sponsorship than you currently have.  On my website forum, your thread has over 75,000 views!

http://forum.bodybuildingpro.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

I think you are doing yourself a disservice by not marketing yourself more.  Let me know if you are up for an interview or something because that would be at least something and my website does get thousands of visitors a day.  The money is really out there for you to make, Frank.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2007, 02:59:11 PM »
Monster arms.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2007, 03:00:24 PM »
I have to agree with Matt. Frank McGrath can easily get a lot more attention, coverage, and publicity than he is currently getting. Remember, Frank, the VAST MAJORITY of young men who lift weights want to look like you, not like Branch or Jay. I go to a big state school, with several large rec facilities where many dozens of meat heads go to work out every day. They ALL want to look like "the Animal Pak guy."

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2007, 03:06:56 PM »
Yes Jay and Branch look like shit compared to Frank.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2007, 03:19:03 PM »
I have to agree with Matt. Frank McGrath can easily get a lot more attention, coverage, and publicity than he is currently getting. Remember, Frank, the VAST MAJORITY of young men who lift weights want to look like you, not like Branch or Jay. I go to a big state school, with several large rec facilities where many dozens of meat heads go to work out every day. They ALL want to look like "the Animal Pak guy."

Exactly.  It is a combination of things which make young men aspire to look like Frank and it has a lot to do with height (not being short like most pros) and having a small waist.  Also, having muscle where it really matters like arms and shoulders.  To me, having a large waist completely ruins a physique.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #84 on: June 23, 2007, 03:24:42 PM »
Exactly.  It is a combination of things which make young men aspire to look like Frank and it has a lot to do with height (not being short like most pros) and having a small waist.  Also, having muscle where it really matters like arms and shoulders.  To me, having a large waist completely ruins a physique.

How tall are you Matt?

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2007, 03:26:44 PM »
How tall are you Matt?

5'8.9 as of right this second but I might lose another 0.3 inches as the day continues.  ;D
Bodybuilding Pro.com

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2007, 03:27:24 PM »
Matt C, you are absolutely right. Of the many guys here who went to the ASC and with whom I spoke before or after the fact, the main reasons they were going were to see, in this order:
1. Arnold
2. Jay and/or Ronnie
3. The Animal Pak booth and Frank McGrath
4. martial arts or powerlifting...

garraeth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2007, 04:04:02 PM »
Heys just wanted to write and tell you guys whats been going on with me, i know i was off at the Ironman, i know my back and legs need to come up. I have had a bad knee for a nice few years now making it hard for me to train legs, and far as bak i have never had a back..lol. Not because i dont train it hard because i do, just doesnt seem to grow, i have been told that my arm are doin all the work when i do back, and i have not real had help form any one i  have train on my owe. Not many trainer where i'm from. But i have been train hard for the last 3 month and planning on competing in sept. So for all thse whoo support me thank you, good to know i have some fans out there, really means alot.Any why i will be back up there soon. Bigger and better.
I don't think anyone said this yet to you (you're a newbie, afterall): WELCOME TO THE THUNDERDOME BITCH!  ;D

And, u gonna train w/ Milos, or was that just a rumor?

Frank Mcgrath

• Getbig II
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2007, 04:28:31 PM »
yes i was going to work with Milos, but he is extermily busy. he is training alot of people right now, and i could not afford to fly to LA to meet with him, so. We may work together in the near future. I hope :P

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2007, 04:30:08 PM »
yes i was going to work with Milos, but he is extermily busy. he is training alot of people right now, and i could not afford to fly to LA to meet with him, so. We may work together in the near future. I hope :P
great to have you aboard Frank, one of the best physiques in the business for sure.

garraeth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2007, 04:32:45 PM »
Promise you, it'll be worth it...whip your ass into shape in no time (lats, etc).

G Diesel

• Getbig II
« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2007, 06:18:30 PM »

The dude is a self made man... Many of the best didn't rely on the advice of the gurus. Arnold, Dorian and Ronnie (except Chad helps Ronnie get stage ready, just as Aceto helps Jay). If his knees hold up long enough for him to get his wheels up to speed and the judging comes around to rewarding the middle ground between aesthetics/symmetry and the freaks, Frank will get his just dues. In my personal opinion, the future of the sport hinges on guys like Heath, Lockett, Frank and the like getting the judging nod. Peace, G

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: June 24, 2007, 12:22:00 PM »
Bump for the Animal pak guy. ;D

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #93 on: June 24, 2007, 01:30:22 PM »
Arnold came from Thal Austria , Dorian from Birmingham England , not exactly bodybuilding Meccas , its not the location and yet they became the best .
Totally agree.

Why do these pros today need these guru trainers and guru nutritionists. Do they have any brain of their own?

That's the reason i respect Dorian so much more than Ronnie. Dorian didn't need any of these "gurus".

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: June 24, 2007, 01:39:20 PM »

I remember when I saw his picture for the first time doing a front double biceps, I was like HOLY SHIT!!! 

I'd love to look like him, His legs are not bad, they are just not in balance with his massive Arms.  But he looks awesome in my opinion.  Much better than many other pros, and imo he should not have placed last.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: June 24, 2007, 02:15:07 PM »
I remember when I saw his picture for the first time doing a front double biceps, I was like HOLY SHIT!!! 

I'd love to look like him, His legs are not bad, they are just not in balance with his massive Arms.  But he looks awesome in my opinion.  Much better than many other pros, and imo he should not have placed last.

I agree.  I actually don't think Frank should have dropped out.  I think he must have succumbed to some sort of anxiety which made him feel he should drop out.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: June 24, 2007, 02:38:54 PM »

I usually try to avoid critiquing IFBB Pros....  Because at the end of the day, they are IFBB pros and I am not LOL.

Stavios

« Reply #97 on: June 24, 2007, 03:39:13 PM »
Hey Frank, will you be present at the Montreal Pro this year ?

eliscominblue

• Getbig II
« Reply #98 on: June 24, 2007, 06:32:03 PM »
The dude is a self made man... Many of the best didn't rely on the advice of the gurus. Arnold, Dorian and Ronnie (except Chad helps Ronnie get stage ready, just as Aceto helps Jay). If his knees hold up long enough for him to get his wheels up to speed and the judging comes around to rewarding the middle ground between aesthetics/symmetry and the freaks, Frank will get his just dues. In my personal opinion, the future of the sport hinges on guys like Heath, Lockett, Frank and the like getting the judging nod. Peace, G

Well put.

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #99 on: June 24, 2007, 11:48:53 PM »
bump for animal