Author Topic: VAn Halen Tour put on Hold...oh, brother.  (Read 4088 times)

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
VAn Halen Tour put on Hold...oh, brother.
« on: February 20, 2007, 04:44:36 PM »
Since I am the king of all things VAn Halen here at GB it's my duty to inform you that the tour for this year which was to feature David Lee Roth and Wolfgang Van Halen has been put on tour until further notice.  The "Greatest Hits 78-84"has also been scraped.  So Van Halen who have sold over 60 million records since thier debut and have had 4 number 1 albums in a row is officially a train wreck.  Good thing Ed and Al have handled the VH legacy with such dignity and respect for the last 10 years.....the band has officailly been run into the ground.

Anyway:

nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
Re: VAn Halen Tour put on Hold...oh, brother.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 04:51:36 PM »

listen to Alex..... ::) ::)
nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 04:52:42 PM »

the real reason Sam and Mike are out!!!! ;D
nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 04:54:24 PM »

one of my favs....check out the guitar solo, man those were the good ole days.
nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 04:56:56 PM »

best song from the 04 new tunes IMO, I don't know if this particular bootleg version does it justice but the end is f'n awsome on the cd, very heavy. 

overall the song is a little disjointed but it's still a good tune.
nasser=piece of shit

AVBG

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 05:00:12 PM »
unless you own a guitar like this (mine).. you can't claim to be "king of all things VAn Halen here at GB"  ;D

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 05:01:33 PM »
unless you own a guitar like this (mine).. you can't claim to be "king of all things VAn Halen here at GB"  ;D

I don't brag alot on this board but brutha....you ain't even in my league as far as VH is concerned.  Sorry bout that ;D ;D ;D
nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 05:02:41 PM »
"VAN HALEN TOUR POSTPONED:
Yes, it is 100% true that the Van Halen 2007 tour has been indefinitely postponed. Details are a little thin on the ground and no one is talking on the record, but I did manage to talk to my contact who originally told me of the re-union plans in October last year.
Despite what little has been said publicly so far, it seems there are issues beyond paperwork and contracts that need to be ironed out. Van Halen has always been a volatile mix of personalities and 2007 is no different. Basically those involved in this tour won't commit until all issues are dealt with, hence the postponement of current plans.
I am told though, that this postponement should be just that - a temporary situation that can be sorted so that the dates that had been arranged can be re-booked and announced down the track somewhat.
The line-up for this tour remains Eddie, Wofgang & Alex Van Halen and frontman David Lee Roth."

http://melodicrock.com/
nasser=piece of shit

AVBG

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 05:03:05 PM »
I don't brag alot on this board but brutha....you ain't even in my league as far as VH is concerned.  Sorry bout that ;D ;D ;D

you been hangin around Adonis too long  ;D

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2007, 05:05:39 PM »

you been hangin around Adonis too long  ;D

I have a truce with TA so I can't relly comment on him ;D ;D

let's just say, I can back up this claim.  My VH knowledge is pretty vast....pick a topic and I can speak on it.  I've gotta go get the kids to bed so if not tonight I'll do it tomorrow morning and I wont' use the ancient art of google-fu either ;D ;D
nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2007, 05:08:27 PM »
here's one to sleep on...

what was VH's original bassists name and what does he do for a living right now-he actually played on some early demos that they did, I believe at cherokee studios in 1976ish and he's on a couple of bootlegs of the band playing at the starwood.
nasser=piece of shit

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2007, 06:47:04 PM »
hahaahaha

I used to love the old Van Halen, I collected every bit of memorablia I could find but they have been a joke for a while now. Thanks for sharing anyway.

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2007, 07:00:44 PM »
Do you really want to see a VH tour? I'm a huge fan but would be pathetic - David Lee's voice is fucked up and Eddie's various health issues  >:(  I will remember the good ole days

RIP Bob Probert

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2007, 08:20:54 PM »
I'm convinced Eddie Van Halen is absolutely crazy.
$

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
  • Sergio can split the atom. With his bare hands.
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2007, 10:20:11 PM »

It kills me to say this, but this gives the word farce a bad name. At this stage, it would be more respectable if they changed their name to Spinal Tap and called the greatest hits CD "Smell The Glove". To think this would have been three greatest hits albums we've had in the last 11 years compared to one studio album. Since VH released their last studio album I've gotten into Shawn Lane, Buckethead, Eric Johnson & Steve Morse and it really hurts me to say it but I don't miss the fact that Eddie hasn't released anything new in that time.

Eddie really had the chance over the last 10 years to cement himself in the same stratasphere as Hendrix & Shawn Lane but he bombed out. Even I have to be reminded of Eddie when I talk with people about who are the best guitarists of all time, 15 years ago that was unthinkable, he would just roll off your tongue. I do hope that this will get off the ground and they come to Australia. I would love to be able to say I saw VH with Dave instead of I saw VH in '98 when Gary Cherone sang for them ::). I like Gary a lot as a person and with Extreme but he didn't fit VH at all.

SERGIO!!!!
Ugh, my retirement grease

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2007, 04:45:35 AM »
Do you really want to see a VH tour? I'm a huge fan but would be pathetic - David Lee's voice is fucked up and Eddie's various health issues  >:(  I will remember the good ole days

a vh tour right here and now would be a disaster, a total disaster.  Eddie Van halen is pretty much certifiably insane at this point.  I honestly don't think anyone can get along with him for any length of time...total disaster of a band these days.

Ruined, just ruined.

BTW-Van Halens original bass player is a guy named Mark Stone, he got the boot somewhere around 76ish and last I heard he was working as a plumber in the Pasadena area, there are boots of him playing with the band so if they ever do a boxset maybe he'll get some risiduals or something.
nasser=piece of shit

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2007, 07:07:34 AM »
Eddie Van Halen besides being nuts is also behind the curve. He's squandered whatever mystique he had guitar wise IMO. A guy like Paul Gilbert would shred his mortal soul!
$

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2007, 07:29:57 AM »
Eddie Van Halen besides being nuts is also behind the curve. He's squandered whatever mystique he had guitar wise IMO. A guy like Paul Gilbert would shred his mortal soul!

Paul Gilbert is very underrated but..back in the day when Ed was on he was incredible.  Right now he's a shadow of his former self, he relies to much on the sustainer and some of things he used to do that were flat out amazing are just pedestrian now. 

there used to be a clip on youtube of Gilbert fooling around with an acoustic guitar and someone asks him to play Spanish Fly and he rips it out like it's nothing, it's pretty amazing.  I don't even think Eddie could play that right now judging by what I've seen and heard over the last few years.
nasser=piece of shit

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2007, 01:47:59 PM »
Paul Gilbert is very underrated but..back in the day when Ed was on he was incredible.  Right now he's a shadow of his former self, he relies to much on the sustainer and some of things he used to do that were flat out amazing are just pedestrian now. 

there used to be a clip on youtube of Gilbert fooling around with an acoustic guitar and someone asks him to play Spanish Fly and he rips it out like it's nothing, it's pretty amazing.  I don't even think Eddie could play that right now judging by what I've seen and heard over the last few years.

Well in Eddies case you have a guy who built upon his influences and people like Paul Gilbert built upon that so Eddie can't surpass that anymore then if you asked Chuck Berry to play a Metallica tune. Doesn't mean they aren't great but they just end up doing what they do.
$

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2007, 02:44:19 PM »

If they were this ragged 23 years ago, seeing them now would be truly painful to watch.

&mode=related&search=

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2007, 03:17:08 PM »

they were really disjointed in 1984 so that HFT vid is just a reflection of that, I've got boots from that tour that are unlistenable.   They just played to f'n loud on alot of Dave tours, the sound was terrible...plus I really don't think Dave's voice held up to good.

Here's the ban playing the whiskey a go go in 1993, I've got boots from this show-1 soundboard and  1 audience and this is pretty much exactly how they sound, no doctoring.  Sammy can sing his ass off.
nasser=piece of shit

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
  • Sergio can split the atom. With his bare hands.
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2007, 04:58:01 PM »
they were really disjointed in 1984 so that HFT vid is just a reflection of that, I've got boots from that tour that are unlistenable.   They just played to f'n loud on alot of Dave tours, the sound was terrible...plus I really don't think Dave's voice held up to good.

How about during Romero Delight on the US Festival vid where Dave stuffs the 2nd verse and just goes "I forgot the F**kin words" ;D, I love that part with a passion. He used to do it quite a lot though, I think he planned some his "forgot the words" lines.

SERGIO!!!!
Ugh, my retirement grease

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2007, 05:07:08 PM »
I figured Eddie/Dave would fuck it up.  It's probably a money thing.  If it is personalty clash I wonder why they cant just record the music and then Dave can lay the tracks down.  Go back and forth until they all half ass agree on the arrangement and mix a master.  Dave wont even have to be there to get on Ed's nerves or vice versa.  I believe Sammy did this in the later years of VH.

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2007, 05:07:41 PM »

Paul Gilbert = great player. You are learning.
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2007, 05:12:44 PM »
How about during Romero Delight on the US Festival vid where Dave stuffs the 2nd verse and just goes "I forgot the F**kin words" ;D, I love that part with a passion. He used to do it quite a lot though, I think he planned some his "forgot the words" lines.

SERGIO!!!!

alot of dave's "rap" durng the show was the exact same everynight..."I wanna fuck your girlfriend"...."I forgot the fucking words"...etc.  He still uses some of those lines these days.

Man if I could post some of my old boots, Dave sounds like Bill clinton and he's saying "c'mon let's get some more people out on the dance floor"..it's funny as hell. 
nasser=piece of shit