Author Topic: Calves and forearms every day?  (Read 8395 times)

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
Calves and forearms every day?
« on: February 21, 2007, 10:24:19 AM »
Lots of guys told me they did experiences with trainning calves every day, and almost all of them got good results (and all of them did NOT have great calves genetics)
 So im thinking in do it, training like standing calve raises (like 5 or 6 sets, 10 to 15 reps) very heavy on like monday, then seated calve raises (same number of sets and reps) on tuesday, and repeating all week. What do you guys think???

and seeying the MuscleMag special with Arnold (yeah, i know maybe its old but i live in BRAZIL lol) Ahhhhnold tells that he used to train forearms every other day and even every day!!!! Since he did have good forearms but didnt seemed to have Lee Priest-like genetics for forearms im thinking to do it.

What are your recomendations? do anyone here have expecience with this?

i started Max OT last week, for all upper body parts (including arms) . Im only doing more volume for legs and thinking in doing this for calves and forearms

thanks in advance
!

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
Re: Calves and forearms every day?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 10:43:21 AM »
if not training them, training them a few times a month, weekly or bi-weekly didn't work, why not? Means nothing else worked for you so it seems like the sensible way to go.

D-bol

• Getbig IV
  • Its only hard if you make it hard.
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 05:51:33 AM »
only need to train genetically weak parts frequently...if you have naturally good calves dont train em more than once week

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 06:07:16 AM »
Try it for 4-6 weeks, and decide if it helps.

buffbong

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 06:53:12 AM »
i wouldnt suggest training forearms everday because u wouldnt want your triceps sore before u started your biceps work or your back work would get in the way. i dont understand how u could train calves everday cause if they are trained hard and they get sore u wouldnt be able to get a full contraction.  id personally take seated or standing and do them really heavy and which ever u did heavy do the other for 3sets of ten.  u can get creative with calves, u could do only one exersize for them and do like 6sets of 15 with a moderate wieght and get a extreme stretch and contraction. 

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 08:48:35 AM »
Lots of guys told me they did experiences with trainning calves every day, and almost all of them got good results (and all of them did NOT have great calves genetics)
 So im thinking in do it, training like standing calve raises (like 5 or 6 sets, 10 to 15 reps) very heavy on like monday, then seated calve raises (same number of sets and reps) on tuesday, and repeating all week. What do you guys think???

and seeying the MuscleMag special with Arnold (yeah, i know maybe its old but i live in BRAZIL lol) Ahhhhnold tells that he used to train forearms every other day and even every day!!!! Since he did have good forearms but didnt seemed to have Lee Priest-like genetics for forearms im thinking to do it.

What are your recomendations? do anyone here have expecience with this?

i started Max OT last week, for all upper body parts (including arms) . Im only doing more volume for legs and thinking in doing this for calves and forearms

thanks in advance
Já tentei e não vi resultados! É muito difícil pois os gémeos não recuperam de um dia para o outro. O meu conselho: Segunda-feira treino pesado até 10 repetições
quarta feira: Treino leve até 20 repetições, saltar à corda se possível
Sexta ou sábado: repetir treino pesado.
Mas tudo é muito relativo e depende da genética da pessoa.
S

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 10:46:45 AM »
Já tentei e não vi resultados! É muito difícil pois os gémeos não recuperam de um dia para o outro. O meu conselho: Segunda-feira treino pesado até 10 repetições
quarta feira: Treino leve até 20 repetições, saltar à corda se possível
Sexta ou sábado: repetir treino pesado.
Mas tudo é muito relativo e depende da genética da pessoa.

opa cara, mais um brasileiro aqui!!
realmente ja tentei de tudo, e até tive melhoras mas depois de um tempo parece que fica estagnado
quando treino pesado costumo ficar com os gemeos doendo algum tempo, por isso que pretendo fazer tipo o em pé num dia e o sentado no outro, pra nao fazer exatamente as mesmas 'areas' do gemeos todos os dias. Eu ja fiz algo parecido com isso que vc me passou, mas nao melhorou muita coisa nao....alias li isso numa matéria do Shanw Ray. Vou seguir o conselho do pumpster, e tentar tipo uns 2 meses e ve o que da, ai eu posto os resultados. Valeu!
!

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 12:05:42 PM »
Anyone that trains a bodypart everyday of the week isn't training that bodypart with any intensity whatsoever.    After a single calf or forearm workout I'm fried for days after.   The only way I could train any bodypart every single day is if I completely left out training intensity....which is pointless.    If you have "stubborn calves" then train em with 100% intensity twice a week at opposite ends of the week....that's more than enough if your pushin with everything you got.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2007, 04:08:22 AM »
opa cara, mais um brasileiro aqui!!
realmente ja tentei de tudo, e até tive melhoras mas depois de um tempo parece que fica estagnado
quando treino pesado costumo ficar com os gemeos doendo algum tempo, por isso que pretendo fazer tipo o em pé num dia e o sentado no outro, pra nao fazer exatamente as mesmas 'areas' do gemeos todos os dias. Eu ja fiz algo parecido com isso que vc me passou, mas nao melhorou muita coisa nao....alias li isso numa matéria do Shanw Ray. Vou seguir o conselho do pumpster, e tentar tipo uns 2 meses e ve o que da, ai eu posto os resultados. Valeu!
Olá Petrucci deso-te boa sorte no teu treino e já agora vai informando sobre os resultados. E sou um "brother" português! Bons treinos! ;)
S

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2007, 07:33:49 AM »
Anyone that trains a bodypart everyday of the week isn't training that bodypart with any intensity whatsoever.    After a single calf or forearm workout I'm fried for days after.   The only way I could train any bodypart every single day is if I completely left out training intensity....which is pointless.    If you have "stubborn calves" then train em with 100% intensity twice a week at opposite ends of the week....that's more than enough if your pushin with everything you got.

It's a solid, standard argument but there are training approaches like this in which the volume is seiously reduced and/or the intensity. Although i think intensity and working to failure's a key to training, there's nothing written in stone to suggest that very low volume with intensity, or a little more volume with less intensity, couldn't work on a daily basis.

Regardless of theory, the only way to know is to try each for a while, in the same way that an airplane must be flown rather than just relying on theory and CAD.

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 07:50:01 AM »
It's a solid, standard argument but there are training approaches like this in which the volume is seiously reduced and/or the intensity. Although i think intensity and working to failure's a key to training, there's nothing written in stone to suggest that very low volume with intensity, or a little more volume with less intensity, couldn't work on a daily basis.

Regardless of theory, the only way to know is to try each for a while, in the same way that an airplane must be flown rather than just relying on theory and CAD.

yes, i agree. For the end of this last year i trained them 2 times a week, with lots of intensity. It was good, and i gained some size on them (something that did not hapenned for a long time). Usually i would get sore calfs for like 3 days in a row at least after every workout. But after some time, they stoped respond!!!! i would use better form, more weight (i broke all my records at that time) more sets some times and nothing! even the pain started to decreased...thats why im thinkin in do this. Im doing 'almost' the same weight and scheme of sets and reps, but now with more frequency. 
i would follow pumpster advice and try for a little time. I will post the results on the end of like 6 maybe 8 weeks!
!

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2007, 08:39:02 AM »
I think you should try the 6 days a week calf/forearm routine. I would rest 1 day per week.

Im mean seriously, if you do the routine for 6 weeks you will be training 42 days in a row.