Author Topic: Thursday's Iraq news  (Read 6374 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Thursday's Iraq news
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2007, 08:47:00 AM »
No, I was trying to see if you believe the Office of the President NEEDS Congress' approval to invade Iran.

Cause they don't.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
Re: Thursday's Iraq news
« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2007, 09:35:08 AM »
No, I was trying to see if you believe the Office of the President NEEDS Congress' approval to invade Iran.

Cause they don't.

I feel that this debate - however meaningful it might be under other circumstances - is at this time a dangerous distraction.

Bush was installed in power by his family's political cronies in a clear violation of established election law.

He has admitted, nay, boasted of unwarranted wiretapping activity that a federal judge has ruled to be a violation of the law. You know... a criminal act.

In both word and deed, he has publicly proclaimed that he recognizes no limitation on his power by either the legislative or judicial branches.

Just as the media is afraid to call the situation in Iraq "civil war", we are all afraid to call our situation what it obviously is: A coup d'etat.

Does Bush need Congressional authorization to invade Iraq?

Did Stalin need Politburo authorization to liquidate the officer corps??

The question now is not what can Bush do. The question now is what can we do.

At this point, it may be that nothing short of a military overthrow will succeed in dislodging the tyrant from power - and that might be going from the frying pan into the fire.

But there is nothing stopping us from sending a million people into the streets of Washington to demand our democracy back. Or from staging a general strike to bring the country to a halt. Nothing but our own passivity.

And when we find ourselves in Camp Halliburton, the judgment on us will have been written by Solzhenitsyn - who sneered at those "who didn't love freedom enough".