Author Topic: Will Al Gore Win The Oscar For Hypocricy Next Year?  (Read 4703 times)

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
Will Al Gore Win The Oscar For Hypocricy Next Year?
« on: February 26, 2007, 07:20:36 PM »
http://www.drudgereport.com/flash.htm

The Tennessee Center for Policy Research, an independent, nonprofit and nonpartisan research organization committed to achieving a freer, more prosperous Tennessee through free market policy solutions, issued a press release late Monday:

Gore’s mansion, [20-room, eight-bathroom] located in the posh Belle Meade area of Nashville, consumes more electricity every month than the average American household uses in an entire year, according to the Nashville Electric Service (NES).

In his documentary, the former Vice President calls on Americans to conserve energy by reducing electricity consumption at home.

The average household in America consumes 10,656 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per year, according to the Department of Energy. In 2006, Gore devoured nearly 221,000 kWh—more than 20 times the national average.

Last August alone, Gore burned through 22,619 kWh—guzzling more than twice the electricity in one month than an average American family uses in an entire year. As a result of his energy consumption, Gore’s average monthly electric bill topped $1,359.

Does Al believe anything he says?
Thread Killer

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
Re: Will Al Gore Win The Oscar For Hypocricy Next Year?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 06:36:43 AM »
What I find more hypocritical is Leonardo DiCaprio waning over how the Global Warming is destroying the planet and yet in his last movie he was nominated for, unless the pyro technics were digital, there were plenty of explosions (which creates CO2), the use of jet fuel to fly to Africa (more useless CO2) the hundreds of hours of electricity to flim (whether it's coal or gas provided, it's still more CO2 emmisions) and the amount of driving around done on the filming and on the film.
Seems to me if he were THAT CONCERNED, he should be against making films, but based on the MILLIONS he makes, I guess that the Earth can sacrafice it. ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 07:43:10 AM »

The Tennessee Center for Policy Research, an independent, nonprofit and nonpartisan research organization committed to achieving a freer, more prosperous Tennessee through free market policy solutions, issued a press release late Monday:

Gore’s mansion, [20-room, eight-bathroom] located in the posh Belle Meade area of Nashville, consumes more electricity every month than the average American household uses in an entire year, according to the Nashville Electric Service (NES).

In his documentary, the former Vice President calls on Americans to conserve energy by reducing electricity consumption at home.

The average household in America consumes 10,656 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per year, according to the Department of Energy. In 2006, Gore devoured nearly 221,000 kWh—more than 20 times the national average.

Last August alone, Gore burned through 22,619 kWh—guzzling more than twice the electricity in one month than an average American family uses in an entire year. As a result of his energy consumption, Gore’s average monthly electric bill topped $1,359.

Al = hypocrite.  And a loser.   :)  Wasn't he also a slum lord? 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 08:19:45 AM »
What's important here is to understand all those yahoo's are dirty.  They are not without sin.

But don't let the sins of the messenger cloud the message.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 08:25:41 AM »

You don't expect Gore to actually practice what he preaches do you?

I'm curious what his favored form of transportation is, he doesn't seem like the Prius type and from the looks of him I doubt he's riding his bicycle to get around either.

Oh, and how do you think he flew out to LA? Hot air balloon perhaps? I wonder if a private jet contributes to global warming?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 09:22:17 AM »
Al = hypocrite.  And a loser.   :)  Wasn't he also a slum lord? 

As a former Clinton voter, AL Gore thanks you for your vote back then.

Fcking lib.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 09:51:37 AM »
As a former Clinton voter, AL Gore thanks you for your vote back then.

Fcking lib.

lol.  When is Bill Clinton running so I can vote for him AGAIN.  I wish they could change that whole term limits thing.   :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2007, 10:01:19 AM »
lol.  When is Bill Clinton running so I can vote for him AGAIN.  I wish they could change that whole term limits thing.   :)

As a republican, I respect your democrat beliefs.  I disagree with you, but I respect your right

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2007, 10:04:02 AM »
As a republican, I respect your democrat beliefs.  I disagree with you, but I respect your right

December 16, 2006, 10:59:08 PM » Quote by 240: 

I'm a libertarian. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2007, 10:11:01 AM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 10:16:02 AM »
???

LOL.  So I quote you, and you make up quotes by me?  I'm shocked.   :D  You are a riot dude.  LOL.

So why don't you explain why you categorically claimed you were a libertarian?   

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2007, 10:29:45 AM »
I'm Batman

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2007, 10:43:13 AM »
You don't expect Gore to actually practice what he preaches do you?

I'm curious what his favored form of transportation is, he doesn't seem like the Prius type and from the looks of him I doubt he's riding his bicycle to get around either.

Oh, and how do you think he flew out to LA? Hot air balloon perhaps? I wonder if a private jet contributes to global warming?

His Car is a Hybrid... Here is a repost of what I've said previously.

Well, I think the point Al tries to make is not that we should all become monks and stop living... but that we should do what we can to change the system.

I don't consider him a hypocrite... Gore purchases offsets to account for the carbon emissions of all his air travel, just as he did for his movie and his book. He purchases green power for his home and he drives a hybrid... Could he do more... I guess so, but he's doing ok for the environment by me... If we all did as much as he did... this "Global Warming" thing wouldn't even be a blip on the radar.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2007, 10:50:24 AM »
His Car is a Hybrid...

........and a jet and a 5 MPG limo!

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2007, 10:53:36 AM »
His Car is a Hybrid... Here is a repost of what I've said previously.

Well, I think the point Al tries to make is not that we should all become monks and stop living... but that we should do what we can to change the system.

I don't consider him a hypocrite... Gore purchases offsets to account for the carbon emissions of all his air travel, just as he did for his movie and his book. He purchases green power for his home and he drives a hybrid... Could he do more... I guess so, but he's doing ok for the environment by me... If we all did as much as he did... this "Global Warming" thing wouldn't even be a blip on the radar.

I understand the greater point but I still find it ironic that he's the champion of Global Warming when he lives in a house that is 10 times larger than he needs. Not to mention that he frequently travels around the country if not the world via private jet and that up until very recently he drove a car that wasn't considered environmentally friendly. And if I'm not mistaken he has a driver and a limo.

It reminds me of Arriana Huffington spouting off on other people for being wasteful while she flies around the country on a private jet and Gwyneth Paltrow for criticizing people for driving wasteful cars while she drives around in a Mercedes SUV.

I agree though, we can all do more.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2007, 11:03:55 AM »
I vote libertarian when the repub candidate has made public statements showing complicity in the 911 attacks.  HTH.  I don't consider these neocons to be republicans, so I consider no repub to be running.  Rudy will not get my vote, as he bragged about knowing the buildings were coming down 10 minutes before they fell, when no one else knew.

Now, why don't you tell us about your education.  You claim to be a college professor.  Speak on it!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2007, 11:06:59 AM »
I understand the greater point but I still find it ironic that he's the champion of Global Warming when he lives in a house that is 10 times larger than he needs. Not to mention that he frequently travels around the country if not the world via private jet and that up until very recently he drove a car that wasn't considered environmentally friendly. And if I'm not mistaken he has a driver and a limo.

It reminds me of Arriana Huffington spouting off on other people for being wasteful while she flies around the country on a private jet and Gwyneth Paltrow for criticizing people for driving wasteful cars while she drives around in a Mercedes SUV.

I agree though, we can all do more.

I won't say the guy is perfect, but he flies commercial when ever possible... As a matter of fact, so does Cheney, and I applaud that.

Yes, he doesn't need that house, but hell, we're human, and if we can afford it, we'd buy it too probably... The fact it's that large and he tries to use Green resources is a good thing...

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2007, 11:50:35 AM »
What I find more hypocritical is Leonardo DiCaprio waning over how the Global Warming is destroying the planet and yet in his last movie he was nominated for, unless the pyro technics were digital, there were plenty of explosions (which creates CO2), the use of jet fuel to fly to Africa (more useless CO2) the hundreds of hours of electricity to flim (whether it's coal or gas provided, it's still more CO2 emmisions) and the amount of driving around done on the filming and on the film.
Seems to me if he were THAT CONCERNED, he should be against making films, but based on the MILLIONS he makes, I guess that the Earth can sacrafice it. ::)

Excellent post, isn't it amazing how these guys want everyone to rescind back to the caves except for themselves.  I'm sure Leo would argue his movie was carbon neutral, as if you can offset a multi-million dollar movies environmental impact.
Thread Killer

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2007, 01:35:52 PM »
........and a jet and a 5 MPG limo!

What?

He drives a hybrid car.

He's also trying to make the rest of us change our habits, make people think in new ways as far as energy and nature resources goes.

What's wrong with doing that?

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2007, 01:43:44 PM »
What?

He drives a hybrid car.

He's also trying to make the rest of us change our habits, make people think in new ways as far as energy and nature resources goes.

What's wrong with doing that?

-Hedge

It's a classic case of attacking the messenger to avoid addressing the message. 

I for one agree Gore is a dork. 

But his message was good.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2007, 02:04:45 PM »
It's a classic case of attacking the messenger to avoid addressing the message. 

I for one agree Gore is a dork. 

But his message was good.

In a few years when the sun exits it's current warm cycle and everything gets back to normal you will all realize the only reson they brought up Global warming was to have more government control on your life.
gotta love life

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2007, 02:11:51 PM »
In a few years when the sun exits it's current warm cycle and everything gets back to normal you will all realize the only reson they brought up Global warming was to have more government control on your life.

No, no, no.

"They"   are scientists who are saying that if don't pay attention to this potential threat now, we may pay for it dearly in the future. 

As the world population increases and more and more junk gets put into the atmosphere the Earth will eventually change.

How does conserving and protecting the environment become a bad thing?

How does it become a political thing?

It becomes that when politicians and politics get involved.

This is a scientific issue that's been mutated into political issue.

Governmental control over emissions is a bad thing?  Have you ever smelled Cleveland in the summer an compared it to how it smells in Denver?

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2007, 04:10:21 PM »
No, no, no.

"They"   are scientists who are saying that if don't pay attention to this potential threat now, we may pay for it dearly in the future. 

As the world population increases and more and more junk gets put into the atmosphere the Earth will eventually change.

How does conserving and protecting the environment become a bad thing?

How does it become a political thing?

It becomes that when politicians and politics get involved.

This is a scientific issue that's been mutated into political issue.

Governmental control over emissions is a bad thing?  Have you ever smelled Cleveland in the summer an compared it to how it smells in Denver?
My brother, although I agree that we should try to protect the enviroment, I honestly believe that the Earth is too big for us to truly harm. Natural disasters, volcanoes, earthquakes, hurricanes, floods, etc. do damage to the Earth everyday and it's still around although the climate changes. But for man to DRAMATICALLY change the Earth's climeate? I still don't buy it. Right now a  lot of ice is falling into the sea, but hardly anyone mentions that there is much more UNDERWATER volcanic activity.
And with emissions what's really funny is that most states don't have the resources to stop the vehicles, whether they be trucks or cars, that HAVEN'T passed emmission testing. Unless a cop spots a renegade car pouring black smoke and junk in the air, these jackasses will keep driving those cars. California is a great example of having a lot of "hoopties" running around that shouldn't be!

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2007, 04:30:51 PM »
I honestly believe that the Earth is too big for us to truly harm.

Define "Earth". Define "truly".

Even assuming we exterminate ourselves tomorrow in a global nuclear holocaust that leaves 90% of the earth's surface contaminated with thousands of rads of radiation for decades to come, the grass and the insects will survive, the scientists tell us - as well as deep-sea marine life, I imagine. And over the billions of years of time remaining before the sun goes nova, the radiation will subside and more complex forms of life will probably evolve again. Eventually, the only thing left to indicate we were ever here will be the bags of garbage the Apollo astronauts left on the moon - preserved in the vacuum until the heat-death of the universe.

So no worries, right?