Author Topic: Facts, Science smash the Global Warming Myth  (Read 13641 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Facts, Science smash the Global Warming Myth
« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2007, 05:22:12 PM »
Is this question for me?  If so, the answer is that no one man has ever used an entirely hypocritical stance to alienate people from the global warming cause.

His film has been exposed for, at best, exaggerating the truth, and at worst, lying about the effects of 'man made global warming.

So you can't name one man who has done more to promote awareness of the global warming issue?

I thank you for your answer.  

People, bruce and I are in agreement that Al Gore has done more for the cause than any other human being in history.  

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #76 on: March 02, 2007, 05:28:31 PM »
Is it?  Perhaps you should close your mouth and do some research:

http://www.generationim.com/about/team.html

Just one example of how Al Gore acquried that mansion using global warming profits.

That actually means he pays other folk to use less dirty power themselves, or take out the carbon dioxide he pumps out. It’s a bit like paying someone to starve so you can gorge.

But there are at least four problems with such offsets, the first of which is very particular to Gore. And that is Gore buys his offsets through Generation Investment Management, whose chairman is . . . Al Gore.

What’s more, GIM’s business is not to itself remove carbon from the air, but, it says, to “buy high quality companies at attractive prices that will deliver superior long-term investment returns”.

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andrewbolt/index.php/heraldsun/comments/column_its_a_joke_right/

Not a single site you present discusses how much money he's made... How do you know how much money he's made?

I provide links that talk about him giving money away, you provide links with his name on it.

What research is this? That's not research at all.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2007, 05:31:22 PM »
Bruce is a truly magnificent man who has shown me the error of my ways in being a follower of the global warming and 9/11 scams.  Furthermore, I accept that my web-pages are sub-standard and that I cannot, indeed, see my lower abdominals.

Since you think it's okay to speak on my behalf, I've returned the favour for you.
Thread Killer

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2007, 05:34:12 PM »
Not a single site you present discusses how much money he's made... How do you know how much money he's made?

I provide links that talk about him giving money away, you provide links with his name on it.

What research is this? That's not research at all.

Uh, okay - you keep telling yourself he hasn't amassed a fortune using scare-tactics.  That house he lives in using more power than both of us do in a year in one month has grown itself in some masterful manipulation of Gaia, the spirit of the earth.  Also, pretend you didn't see he's the head of a carbon credit business that earns millions taking people's money for eco-sins.
Thread Killer

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2007, 05:36:33 PM »
Uh, okay - you keep telling yourself he hasn't amassed a fortune using scare-tactics.  That house he lives in using more power than both of us do in a year in one month has grown itself in some masterful manipulation of Gaia, the spirit of the earth.  Also, pretend you didn't see he's the head of a carbon credit business that earns millions taking people's money for eco-sins.

Puhlease... So because you have no proof... I'm delusional...

When it comes to Global Warming and Al Gore then... You're a conspiracy theorist... right?

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2007, 05:42:14 PM »
Puhlease... So because you have no proof... I'm delusional...

When it comes to Global Warming and Al Gore then... You're a conspiracy theorist... right?

Did I not just show you his business's website?  Which part would you like filled in for you, since you're incapable of independent thought?

For anyone else interested on Gore's profiteering from the global warming scare, read this:

http://billhobbs.com/2007/02/more_on_gore.html

As one commenter posting here and on other blogs has noted:

Hmmm. The Goracle is chairman and a founding partner of Generation Investment Management LLP, a boutique international investment firm that invests other peoples' money, for a fee, into the stocks of 'green' companies. ... So when Al beats the drum for possible future global warming, he's also drumming up business.
And profiting from hyping the "global warming" crisis.

In a nutshell, Gore consumes large amounts of carbon-based electricity while he trumpets a growing "global warming" crisis that drives up the value of "green" companies like the ones in which he buys carbon offsets invests in their stocks.

A primary rule of good investigative journalism is, "Follow the money." The media - and perhaps the SEC - ought to take a deeper look at Gore, Generation Investment Management and his carbon offset stock purchases.

Thread Killer

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2007, 05:43:24 PM »
Is it?  Perhaps you should close your mouth and do some research:

http://www.generationim.com/about/team.html

Just one example of how Al Gore acquried that mansion using global warming profits.

That actually means he pays other folk to use less dirty power themselves, or take out the carbon dioxide he pumps out. It’s a bit like paying someone to starve so you can gorge.

But there are at least four problems with such offsets, the first of which is very particular to Gore. And that is Gore buys his offsets through Generation Investment Management, whose chairman is . . . Al Gore.

What’s more, GIM’s business is not to itself remove carbon from the air, but, it says, to “buy high quality companies at attractive prices that will deliver superior long-term investment returns”.

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andrewbolt/index.php/heraldsun/comments/column_its_a_joke_right/

This appears to be nothing more than an investment group.  So What?  Alternative energy is going to be big business and he's in a position where he can make money by investing in these companies.  Good for him or anyone for that matter who choose to risk capital to make money. 

What exactly do you mean when you say "Just one example of how Al Gore acquried that mansion using global warming profits"

How do you know when or how he acquired his mansion and please document the "global warming profits" that were used.

Even if he made all his money from his investment fund I couldn't care less.  It's a free market.  Go start your own investment fund and join the capitalist global warming gang bang.   

btw - I've always thought carbon offsets were BS but I don't see how he's actually making money from them

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2007, 05:45:49 PM »
This appears to be nothing more than an investment group.  So What?  Alternative energy is going to be big business and he's in a position where he can make money by investing in these companies.  Good for him or anyone for that matter who choose to risk capital to make money. 

What exactly to you mean when you say "Just one example of how Al Gore acquried that mansion using global warming profits"

How do you know when or how he acquired his mansion and please document the "global warming profits" that were used.

Even if he made all his money from his investment fund I couldn't care less.  It's a free market.  Go start your own investment fund and join the capitalist global warming gang bang.   

btw - I've always thought carbon offsets were BS but I don't see how he's actually making money from them

Uh, right.  So you don't actually argue that Al Gore drumming up the global warming scare to engage people in buying carbon offsets from his business is Gore profiting from global warming?
Thread Killer

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #83 on: March 02, 2007, 05:52:38 PM »
Did I not just show you his business's website?  Which part would you like filled in for you, since you're incapable of independent thought?

For anyone else interested on Gore's profiteering from the global warming scare, read this:

http://billhobbs.com/2007/02/more_on_gore.html

As one commenter posting here and on other blogs has noted:

Hmmm. The Goracle is chairman and a founding partner of Generation Investment Management LLP, a boutique international investment firm that invests other peoples' money, for a fee, into the stocks of 'green' companies. ... So when Al beats the drum for possible future global warming, he's also drumming up business.
And profiting from hyping the "global warming" crisis.

In a nutshell, Gore consumes large amounts of carbon-based electricity while he trumpets a growing "global warming" crisis that drives up the value of "green" companies like the ones in which he buys carbon offsets invests in their stocks.

A primary rule of good investigative journalism is, "Follow the money." The media - and perhaps the SEC - ought to take a deeper look at Gore, Generation Investment Management and his carbon offset stock purchases.

There's nothing hypocritical about investing based on your beliefs.  He'd be a hypocrite if he was investing in Exxon.

He's not breaking any laws.  Sheesh so I guess if Bill Gates hypes the internet he's only doing it to pump up Microsoft stock?

There's also no issue with investing other peoples money for a fee. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2007, 05:54:21 PM »
Uh, right.  So you don't actually argue that Al Gore drumming up the global warming scare to engage people in buying carbon offsets from his business is Gore profiting from global warming?

I think that's the dumbest conspiracy theory that I've seen on this site so far

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: March 02, 2007, 05:57:09 PM »
I think that's the dumbest conspiracy theory that I've seen on this site so far

You are indeed a fool.  The argument I put forward is that Al Gore is profiteering from the global warming scare.

Do you disagree?

If so, The Cage?  I'll make sure you get set straight, if, of course, you're brave enough to face off with me there.
Thread Killer

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #86 on: March 02, 2007, 06:00:24 PM »

Not really, especially when he was talking about global warming 15 years ago as a Senator so no... I don't think that has anything to do with it.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: March 02, 2007, 06:04:52 PM »
Not really, especially when he was talking about global warming 15 years ago as a Senator so no... I don't think that has anything to do with it.

You don't think he's profiteering from global warming scare tactics?  Cage?  Anyone?
Thread Killer

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #88 on: March 02, 2007, 06:05:00 PM »
You are indeed a fool.  The argument I put forward is that Al Gore is profiteering from the global warming scare.

Do you disagree?

If so, The Cage?  I'll make sure you get set straight, if, of course, you're brave enough to face off with me there.

I'm facing off with you right here dipshit

I'm a fool because I don't believe in your moronic theory?  

First of all you've shown me no proof that AG or his group has made any profit.  They could just as easily be losing money or breaking even.

Second, I could care less if he's making a profit.  I think his actions are consistent with his beliefs.

And just to be clear, NO I don't believe (nor have you shown any proof) that he's interested and promoting this issue solely for the purpose of pumping up his portfolio.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: March 02, 2007, 06:07:49 PM »
You don't think he's profiteering from global warming scare tactics?  Cage?  Anyone?

I demand proof, or I demand you apologize.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: March 02, 2007, 06:07:57 PM »
I'm facing off with you right here dipshit

Your insults are more proof of my having defeated you intellectually than any admission ever could be.

Thank you.
Thread Killer

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2007, 06:08:44 PM »
I demand proof, or I demand you apologize.

Pfft, you almost made me choke.  Did you not visit his website, 240?

Would you like to see me in The Cage?
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2007, 06:10:34 PM »
Pfft, you almost made me choke.  Did you not visit his website, 240?

Would you like to see me in The Cage?

I would like to show us proof that Al Gore is "profiteering from global warming scare tactics"

Don't give me a link to some blog.  You tell me in one paragraph.

You have insulted a two-term Vice President.  Please provide evidence.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #93 on: March 02, 2007, 06:11:55 PM »
Your insults are more proof of my having defeated you intellectually than any admission ever could be.

Thank you.

really - didn't you call me a fool for merely not agreeing with you?

Why don't you try refuting some of my points or at least supporting some of your claims with facts rather than just congratulating yourself

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: March 02, 2007, 06:13:08 PM »

Why don't you try refuting some of my points or at least supporting some of your claims with facts rather than just congratulating yourself

BRUCE is starting to suck. 

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #95 on: March 02, 2007, 06:14:04 PM »
I would like to show us proof that Al Gore is "profiteering from global warming scare tactics"

Don't give me a link to some blog.  You tell me in one paragraph.

You have insulted a two-term Vice President.  Please provide evidence.

Seriously, you're making me laugh.

http://www.generationim.com/philosophy/

Okay?
Thread Killer

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #96 on: March 02, 2007, 06:14:52 PM »

Refute your posts?  I just posted Al's green investment machine?  Can you read?
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: March 02, 2007, 06:17:51 PM »
Seriously, you're making me laugh.
http://www.generationim.com/philosophy/
Okay?

I was having dinner with a group of friends - 5 republicans, 5 independents, and 5 worthless unemployed hellbound liberals.

I didn't have time to ask, but I ascertained that they all believed this "Generation IM" is a far left source of misinformation, designed to put Alex Jones into office in 2012. 

Furthermore,

::)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #98 on: March 02, 2007, 06:18:01 PM »
Refute your posts?  I just posted Al's green investment machine?  Can you read?

You systematically ignore all rebuttals and just keep chirping away saying the same thing

BTW - I see nothing wrong with the philosophy of AG's investment group

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: March 02, 2007, 06:19:28 PM »
I was having dinner with a group of friends - 5 republicans, 5 independents, and 5 worthless unemployed hellbound liberals.

I didn't have time to ask, but I ascertained that they all believed this "Generation IM" is a far left source of misinformation, designed to put Alex Jones into office in 2012. 

Furthermore,

::)

Erm, good response.
Thread Killer