Author Topic: WWE Reportedly Considering Major Overhaul  (Read 4217 times)

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
WWE Reportedly Considering Major Overhaul
« on: March 03, 2007, 12:57:44 AM »
WWE Reportedly Considering Major Overhaul[/b]
Reported by Brian Cantor on March 2nd, 2007
Major WWE Wrestling News, Huge RAW Spoilers, ROH/TNA Updates & More - Without Fake Links [>>]

According to online reports being linked to the Wrestling-Observer Newsletter, WWE is considering a major overhaul to the construct of its company.

As indicated by comments WWE executive Michael Sileck made to Financial Week, WWE is looking into forming multiple international brands that would run exclusively in different foreign markets.

If the idea were put into place, WWE would form separate touring brands for Asian-Pacific, Hispanic and European territories. RAW and ECW would likely continue as American brands; SmackDown, which already performs well with the market, would become the Hispanic promotion.

WWE would obviously have to dramatically increase the size of its roster, bringing in a combination of old names and current stars popular in the regional territories (such as Mexican and Japanese stars)

Two prominent concerns are cost (production of TV shows costs up to $500,000 per airing) and the belief that foreign markets are beginning to suffer from overexposure to the WWE product.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: WWE Reportedly Considering Major Overhaul
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 05:09:44 AM »
WWE Reportedly Considering Major Overhaul[/b]
Reported by Brian Cantor on March 2nd, 2007
Major WWE Wrestling News, Huge RAW Spoilers, ROH/TNA Updates & More - Without Fake Links [>>]

According to online reports being linked to the Wrestling-Observer Newsletter, WWE is considering a major overhaul to the construct of its company.

As indicated by comments WWE executive Michael Sileck made to Financial Week, WWE is looking into forming multiple international brands that would run exclusively in different foreign markets.

If the idea were put into place, WWE would form separate touring brands for Asian-Pacific, Hispanic and European territories. RAW and ECW would likely continue as American brands; SmackDown, which already performs well with the market, would become the Hispanic promotion.

WWE would obviously have to dramatically increase the size of its roster, bringing in a combination of old names and current stars popular in the regional territories (such as Mexican and Japanese stars)

Two prominent concerns are cost (production of TV shows costs up to $500,000 per airing) and the belief that foreign markets are beginning to suffer from overexposure to the WWE product.

What they really should do is go back to the way wrestling was pre Vince McMahon Jr.
The House that Ruth built

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 05:11:39 AM »
Sounds like desperation to me.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 09:01:55 PM »
Its such a hard idea to sell

AVBG

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 09:40:42 PM »
Vince Goodrum should make a comeback...

VVV

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 09:48:41 PM »
WWE is expanding at such an incredible rate overseas right now.  This would give the company the ability to run at least a few house shows every week in foreign markets, instead of the 1 time each year they get to travel over seas to each country making the rounds.  The fans for Wrestle mania, for example, will be coming from all over the world to Detroit...It will be the single biggest live audience EVER at any event, including superbowl, concerts any thing.  The main shows are doing TOP in their time slots and the best for their stations.  Vince is brilliant and never stops working.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 03:07:11 AM »
If they follow through on that plan, it will make them 1 in the world with out a doubt.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 10:57:09 PM »
Stupid fucking move, IMO.

They can't even get their shit here in teh States right.

Why expand, when you ratings, merchandise, PPV, attendance, are down?

Something is wrong with the product. It fucking sucks. Instead of doing stupid shit like making rap records (non will buy), shitty b movies (non will see), fix your fucking product first. Vince has this stupid idea that he wants WWE to be like fucking Disney. Stupid move.

I refuse to watch/attend their shows, or order their PPV's, until things change.

Expansion is the LAST fucking thing they should be thinking about.

If they go ahead with it, It will fail. Believe that. Rosters are already thin, as it is, running three seperate shitty brands. And no, the answer is not to develop another dozen worthless turds like Randy "the ratings killer" Orton.

Oh well, what the hell do I know. I just a consumer who went from ordering/buying everything they sold, to not even watching their free TV shows.
HAHA, RON.....

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2007, 12:02:54 PM »
The WWE product has regressed over the years after it peaked in 2000. You know you're in trouble when people like Mr. Kennedy are considered the future of the business. lol

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2007, 02:00:51 PM »
They tapped into the old well again by getting Stone Cold to referee the match between Trump and Mcmahon. Reeks of desperation in order to draw interest. How many more times is he going to be able to keep reaching into the past to keep people interested? There will come a time where he won't be able to do that and instead have to rely on what he has going on in the present.

Guarantee he throws a shit load of money at the Rock to wrestle in a main event in the next couple of years.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2007, 02:10:16 PM »
I quit watching once they had HHH have sex with a dead body back in like 2002 :-X

I would've quit earlier, like around the time vince bought wcw (which is when everything went downhill) but I was hoping things would turn around

E
E

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2007, 06:03:19 PM »
The WWE product has regressed over the years after it peaked in 2000. You know you're in trouble when people like Mr. Kennedy are considered the future of the business. lol

Peaking in 2000. Shit man. Wrestling in the 1970's to about 1982 put anything since to shame.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2007, 07:40:04 PM »
Stone Cold and the Rock were the last big stars. They need to develop more like that, and like the Bristish Bulldogs, the Ultimate Warrior, Ahmad, and Sexual Chocolate. These mofos know look more like metrosexual clowns---even Razor Ramon didn't look many of these dudes.