Author Topic: Less is More?  (Read 1145 times)

BigFish

• Getbig II
  • Quality posts over quantity
Less is More?
« on: March 08, 2007, 11:56:24 AM »
I'm going to go out on a limb here even at the risk of being completely shredded in this thread.  Aside from Arnold and DIV stepping in to set sh*t straight i am reading a lot of back and forth in threads debating proper dosages.  Some say go big or go home and pin a gallon a day until you piss gear and others stand by moderation and seem to see equal results.  As this obviously causes more confusion than help for someone trying to gather info on dosages for themselves i was hoping we could all try to find some sort of cmmon ground. 

My first cycle was a simple stack of 25mg dbol per day and 200mg of test e per week for 8 weeks.  Many will say that this would not be an effective enough dosage for any real gains but i put on close to 30 lbs by the time i was done and was very satisfied by the results.  I know it all depends on genetics, body types and diet but what's everyone's thoughts? 
Pop Drop & Squat it

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
Re: Less is More?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 12:10:19 PM »
there are so many factors that should be used as guidelines....most get thown out the window...but:

diet is key

you cant fight genetics

weight and experience should dictate dosages and compounds

most casual users will up the dose if they dont "feel" it, or come here and ask what everyone thinks about smoking while "on", or if it would hurt gains if they "got drunk" a few times a week ::)

if youre gonna juice...do it right. dont kill yourself with huge amounts. follow the simple guidelines: keep your diet on point , train hard, rest your body, and be patient

BigFish

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 01:19:48 PM »
i couldn't agree with that more, nice post Wes
Pop Drop & Squat it

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 01:56:04 PM »
Everyone has there own opinion on gear. that is just the way it is when something is based mainly on theory. there are very few things in life that everyone will agree on.

I agree with what Wes said and i think everyone should start small and work their way up. i know guys who recommend 1000mg test for a first cycle. i would never suggest that.

My personal opinion is start with 500mg Test for 16 weeks, do proper PCT, stay off for 16 weeks and then your next cycle just add Deca or EQ. Don't raise the test dosage every cycle. Use test as a "base" and add other AAS and/or a few orals at the front and back.

Their are so many combinations you can run there is no reason to mega dose right of the bat. just work up slowly and see how "your" body responds to different "stacks".

8)

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 02:30:43 PM »
Thats great you gained that much that easy. There is too much of a let the juice do the work ethic.
Young guys read all these 1000+mg/wk stacks and think they are wimps if they use less.
YOU CAN ALLWAYS ADD MORE, BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO TAKE IT BACK OUT!

If you took a well trained natural lifter, and got him peaking on a heavy Bench training cycle, and gave 'im
200mgs Deca and a shot of Sus. He'd gain. H'ed  bust thru his PRs easy, and roll for 21days.
Recovery would be a breeze.  This was the thrust of the Russian Doping coach's theory I was talking about.  They just used steroids during critical periods for short time.

If I had 1st shot to do over, I'd be much more conservative. Use for busting thru plateaus, then regroup.
1st time is hard to equal. 

BigFish

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 02:53:33 PM »
i agree with you trab that the first time is hard to equal.  i got great gains out of that first one and almost wished i would have waited a litte longer before i started it because i hadn't quite platued yet naturally but when your stuffs sitting there staring at you when you get home from the gym it's like a kid on Christmas morning.  I just stated my second cycle and have cut out the dbol and replaced it with deca and have doubled the test in an effort to recieve better long standing gains with less H2O retention.  We'll see how it stacks up against the first one, although it is hard to compare since test is the only consistant factor between both cycles. 
Pop Drop & Squat it

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 03:02:13 PM »
Their are so many combinations you can run there is no reason to mega dose right of the bat. just work up slowly and see how "your" body responds to different "stacks".

I think you hit the nail on the head right there. Too many people forget that it all depends on how you respond to gear (& training & nutrition). Some people will respond great to dbol alone, some won't. I've also know guys who take about 2000mg of Test a week & look like your average gymrat. Then again I've seen guys take 250mg a week & get huge. I think the point I'm trying to make is we all respond differently.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 03:06:10 PM »
Do what you need to do, but be smart about it. Like everything in this world, it is a lot of times user dependant, i.e. how well one responds to particular drugs. Further, way your goals, if your goal is to be a pro BB or a top National comp guy, then you may have to take bigger risk then the average guy, then again, maybe not...you could end up being the guy that responds well to low end cycles...of course the term "low end" again depends on the user as well as the goals. All that said, for a first cycle, always, and I mean always keep it simple, You have no way in determining how these drugs are going to effect you the first time you use a particular drug. There is no need in going hog wild and screwing your body up the first go around.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2007, 07:58:00 AM »
I'm going to go out on a limb here even at the risk of being completely shredded in this thread.  Aside from Arnold and DIV stepping in to set sh*t straight i am reading a lot of back and forth in threads debating proper dosages.  Some say go big or go home and pin a gallon a day until you piss gear and others stand by moderation and seem to see equal results.  As this obviously causes more confusion than help for someone trying to gather info on dosages for themselves i was hoping we could all try to find some sort of cmmon ground. 

My first cycle was a simple stack of 25mg dbol per day and 200mg of test e per week for 8 weeks.  Many will say that this would not be an effective enough dosage for any real gains but i put on close to 30 lbs by the time i was done and was very satisfied by the results.  I know it all depends on genetics, body types and diet but what's everyone's thoughts? 
In the end its ultimately your own decision. Knowone here is a qualified doctor and knowone knows your body but you. Its great to get advice on this board which can help us all avoid health problems and share experiences. If I were you, find out what works for you and stick with it. If you are making great gains using only 200mgs of deca per week and 6 d-bol a day then why take more? if you feel you need to up the dosage then do so at your own pace and monitor yourself.

PB

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2007, 08:17:37 AM »
In the end its ultimately your own decision. Knowone here is a qualified doctor and knowone knows your body but you. Its great to get advice on this board which can help us all avoid health problems and share experiences. If I were you, find out what works for you and stick with it. If you are making great gains using only 200mgs of deca per week and 6 d-bol a day then why take more? if you feel you need to up the dosage then do so at your own pace and monitor yourself.

PB

did you forget about freakfest playboy? :o i think hell be upset...LOL

overall, sound advice. knowledge + experience = gains....