Author Topic: Wikipedia Pro-Bodybuilders profiles. Please help me improve them.  (Read 23072 times)

Wikidudeman

• Getbig II
  • Nu mă, Nu mă iei!
Re: Wikipedia Pro-Bodybuilders profiles. Please help me improve them.
« Reply #125 on: March 12, 2007, 02:36:11 PM »
GeoCities was the most massive entity on the planet for a while...

1. No it wasn't.

2. The users went sour after Yahoo bought it and brought in new terms of service and then they left en masse.

3. Geocities was popular in the mid 90's when it wasn't as easy to make personal web pages. As technology improved people moved on.

4. None of these compare to wikipedia. Wikipedia not only will never be sold because of the personal philosophy of it's owner (Jimbo Wales) but also because Mr. Wales is a self made billionaire. If however something unimaginable happens and "wikipedia.org" does get sold or shuts down then since the technology is free another person (or group) will take it's place. There are currently hundreds of separate "wikis" on the web that use the same technology as Wikipedia.org so it would be easy.

Wikidudeman

• Getbig II
  • Nu mă, Nu mă iei!
Re: Wikipedia has NO credibility
« Reply #126 on: March 12, 2007, 03:03:02 PM »
All of the articles that were vandalized by the people who read this thread were all reverted within seconds. The "Bodybuilding" article was corrected. The "karate kid" article was corrected. Etc.

Just goes to show how hypocritical some people are. They attack Wikipedia as having no credibility while at the same time they make efforts to undermine it's credibility with vandalism.

Stavios

« Reply #127 on: March 12, 2007, 03:06:56 PM »
I remember Adonis saying he isn't a bodybuilder tho  :-\
so he shouldn't be listed as one

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #128 on: March 12, 2007, 03:21:30 PM »
OMFG. I thought adonis was a loser before, but this takes the cake..

ignorance

• Getbig III
  • https://www.facebook.com/ResearchBodybuilding

Wikidudeman

• Getbig II
  • Nu mă, Nu mă iei!
« Reply #130 on: March 12, 2007, 03:47:21 PM »
Um, yes it was. Get your facts straight. It was bigger than Yahoo, Alta Vista, etc.

Nope. Compare it to Yahoo.com

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?url=Geocities.com

Um, no. It went sour because better alternatives appeared and it was a negative income property.

Yahoo!'s acquisition of Geocities.com occurred in the late 90's and that's when it started loosing traffic. This is when Yahoo decided that sign up would be free but it was too late.
http://www.forbes.com/2001/08/28/0828yahoo.html

hahaha, oh right. So then why are they practically begging for cash to keep the doors open? Or was that recent announcement saying they were inches from closing down just a bunch of bullshit? [/url]

No such announcement occurred. There was a recent donation drive that went very well and earned something like 1 million U.S.

You misunderstand, oh religous zealot -- the software works fine. Yey. The concept is flawed. So lets imagine that there are 10mil wiki sites -- big deal. Unless they are behind a firewall and internally controlled (like some companies I know of), they'll be vanalized. End of story. Wikipedia is flawed at its core because Jimbos vision of human nature is skewed. Why are you arguing this point -- it's been made blatantly clear multiple times just in the course of this thread.  ::)[/url]

Vandalism isn't a problem. Try vandalizing any Wikipedia page. Most are reverted within a few seconds. The more visited ones even faster than that. The main page for instance, if you were to vandalize it it would be reverted in a fraction of a second. Literally.  Vandalism is hardly a major problem for Wikipedia.

Jimbo can continue pumping $ into it for all I care. That does not change the fact that it's a flawed implementation.

Not at all.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #131 on: March 12, 2007, 04:38:05 PM »
Pro's? Anyone home?

Stop being so pushy you little bitch.
E

Wikidudeman

• Getbig II
  • Nu mă, Nu mă iei!
« Reply #132 on: March 12, 2007, 04:44:19 PM »
I agree. That is why I said they are idiot savants. Brilliant guys, wonderful concept -- on paper.

No fucken clue about human nature -- or they chose to act like an ostrich and bury their heads.

Who are you trying to convince with name calling?

Wikidudeman

• Getbig II
  • Nu mă, Nu mă iei!
« Reply #133 on: March 12, 2007, 07:18:05 PM »
aaaaaaaahahhaa, you are truly amusing. Do you know what an idiot savant is? It's not "name calling".

"Idiot savant" is the historical and obsolete term used for "autistic savants". Calling someone this is an insult of sorts.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autistic_savant

And you pulling up alexa data from today to compare yahoo vs/ geocities is another nice retard move. Geocities used to be huge. Key word (throughout my writings) is: used.

If you had clicked on the site you would of seen that the graph shows a timespan of several years. Yahoo.com was literally hundreds of times more popular than geocities.com ever was.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #134 on: March 12, 2007, 07:26:53 PM »

Just goes to show how hypocritical some people are. They attack Wikipedia as having no credibility while at the same time they make efforts to undermine it's credibility with vandalism.

the great princess decided to praise us with her presence, you couldnt resist could you

Sorry, I did not realize there was an ongoing effort to lend some credibility to the topic.
:

monstermunch

• Getbig IV
« Reply #135 on: March 12, 2007, 07:57:27 PM »
Pro's? Anyone home?

You may want to talk to me... im pretty famous; i keep bodybuilding alive.

monstermunch

• Getbig IV
« Reply #136 on: March 12, 2007, 08:05:28 PM »
Really?

Yes...i will bring instant credibility to your articles; I'm a role model around here.

If your also covering the less talked about issues such as 'gay for pay' you may want to get in contact with 'derek anthony' and explore them 'avenues' with him.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
« Reply #137 on: March 12, 2007, 08:18:09 PM »
Wikidudeman in his infinite wisdom thinks adonis is the face of Natural Bodybuilding http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bodybuilding.  Prove him wrong there are so many more athlets out there, that deserve to have their face associated with the sport. 

The natural competers on GB need to send him a photo with no copywrite so he can replace the photo up there now.

Wikidudeman@yahoo.com

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #138 on: March 12, 2007, 08:33:42 PM »

Lifetime Natural.  I am featured for a good reason.  People need to see what a true Lifetime Natural bodybuilder looks like.

To help them decide on their first cycle?

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #139 on: March 12, 2007, 08:35:14 PM »
Wikidudeman in his infinite wisdom thinks Adonis is the face of Natural Bodybuilding http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bodybuilding.  Prove him wrong there are so many more athletes out there, that deserve to have their face associated with the sport. 

The natural competers on GB need to send him a photo with no copywrite so he can replace the photo up there now.

Wikidudeman@yahoo.com

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #140 on: March 12, 2007, 08:43:55 PM »

I've been trying to get people's help for 8 pages. No one's paying attention to this thread. I doubt a bold red font will make any difference.

But knock yourself out.

8)

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #141 on: March 12, 2007, 08:50:25 PM »
8)

Now you have to tell him, he can use this picture.  Take one with you face it would be better or a contest picture and let him know your not on drugs.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #142 on: March 12, 2007, 09:01:19 PM »
The picture I have on there is better because it's more 'generalized' and it shows his face. Yours looks like an amateur photograph. Take another showing your face with a pure background and I might replace it.

naw i don't want you to replace that picture.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #143 on: March 12, 2007, 09:02:37 PM »
Wikidudeman in his infinite wisdom thinks adonis is the face of Natural Bodybuilding http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bodybuilding.  Prove him wrong there are so many more athlets out there, that deserve to have their face associated with the sport.

Wikidudeman@yahoo.com

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #144 on: March 12, 2007, 09:03:14 PM »

Wikidudeman@yahoo.com

GUYS SHOW HIM WHATS UP!!

Why don't you, you little bitch?

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #145 on: March 12, 2007, 09:04:03 PM »
So why did you post yours?

because i was thinking you would include it with the other picture, not replace that one.

Wikidudeman

• Getbig II
  • Nu mă, Nu mă iei!
« Reply #146 on: March 12, 2007, 09:04:58 PM »

Wikidudeman@yahoo.com

GUYS SHOW HIM WHATS UP!!

I already told you that this won't work. No one's even reading this thread. Why don't you PM some of them and ask for their pictures yourself?

P.S.Try using spell check.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #147 on: March 12, 2007, 09:08:22 PM »
I have contacted a few Pros and I have gotten a few responses.

What kind of contact info can I provide them?  PM me.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #148 on: March 13, 2007, 01:14:10 AM »
Well, it's been a good run folks. The little skinny asshole with the wild claims and the ridiculous lying, and crule hatful demenor has been around and giving us a post to whip for a while now. However, I've grown board of the volleying. There is no point to keeping him around any longer. Posting private personal information on GetBig about Dave Palumbo's account and lying about me with respect to what I knew he knew, can be looked at as nothing but subversive. He is clearly an enemy of MD and that, as per the MD board rules, is grounds to shit can the worthless asshole. He has been warned numerous times, we have given in to his pleas, and his incessant cries to Dave to please get me off his back, and to let him show us how much he can do for MD. All bullshit and nothing worth the band width he occupies. Good-bye Adam. As far as fucking retards go, you win the academy award. As soon as Admin gets into the office he has instructions to pull the chain and flush your worthless punk ass down the toilet.

Anyone wishing it, I have TA's home address and phone number. Just PM me if you'd like to send your condolances.

Also, I'm calling Ron first thing in the morning and discuss TA's future on GetBig. Ron and I have an agreement and I'm better than sure he will go along with my recommendation, especially in light of the recent activities and the implications to GetBig.

This is going to send the world's skinniest jerk-off into an epic tail spin with arms flailing at his last ditch posts to save his worthless ass. Tune in folks, you're in for a treat - the last desperate gasps of the True Anus are about to be sucked down his skinny neck. A year from now no one will remember who or what he was.

If any of you find this action uncalled for, I respect your opinion as well as whatever action you take. However, the fact remains that he has represented himself in the light he has and now it is time to put him where he belongs and push the button

The word's most epic meltdown is about to begin.

So long dick head!

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #149 on: March 13, 2007, 12:50:33 PM »
whoever edit the Wikipedia and post a clown pic on it is an idiot and does not know SHIT about bodybuilding.