Author Topic: Ab workout! What do you think??  (Read 1428 times)

Tightenup

• Getbig II
Ab workout! What do you think??
« on: March 09, 2007, 06:04:07 AM »
 I am trying to burn the layer of fat that covers my stomach to reveal my abs.. And I wanted to know wether I was over doing it.. I Run atleast 3 miles a day. I do the elliptical bike about half a mile not to mention I wear sweats. I do 50 weighted situps on an incline, 25 situps non weighted, and 3 sets of 25  crunches on the cruch machine. I am also taking hydroxycut. I weigh 148 im about 5'7. I have also lowered the amount of daily calories and stopped eating all junk foods. Im trying to keep as much mass as I possibly can... any suggestions? Rick

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
Re: Ab workout! What do you think??
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 06:42:53 AM »
I am trying to burn the layer of fat that covers my stomach to reveal my abs.. And I wanted to know wether I was over doing it.. I Run atleast 3 miles a day. I do the elliptical bike about half a mile not to mention I wear sweats. I do 50 weighted situps on an incline, 25 situps non weighted, and 3 sets of 25  crunches on the cruch machine. I am also taking hydroxycut. I weigh 148 im about 5'7. I have also lowered the amount of daily calories and stopped eating all junk foods. Im trying to keep as much mass as I possibly can... any suggestions? Rick

most important part is diet. if you are fat you wont see abs.

working abs is not complicated. you can make up any routine you want. if you want to grow your ab muscles bigger do (progressiv) weighted ab work. cable crunches is a good exercise. 3-4 sets a couple of times a week is more than plenty.

ozman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 12:59:44 PM »
I am trying to burn the layer of fat that covers my stomach to reveal my abs..  I weigh 148 im about 5'7.

148 kilo's ?

i weigh 195 pounds @ 5'7 and can see my upper abs

mdgkmg

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 01:18:11 PM »
if you're tryin to lean out rather quickly and keep most of your mass doin so i'd try following some of the pro's advice on pre-contest dieting. take for instance johnnie jackson i believe he does like minamal cardio and let fat burners do the work but he only intakes like 50 carbs a day. eat healthy fats lower your carb intake especially and keep protein intake high. i'm about 5'8 180 and you can see all my abs.

Tightenup

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 04:45:31 PM »
Thanx guys.. awesome advice... Rick

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 06:20:41 AM »
I think it's 50 grams of carbs a day. 50 kc is like far to little. Don't forget you actually need some carbohydrates to burn fat. The usual guideline is between 100 to 300 grams of carbohydrates a day to reduce fat.

Another simpkle trick is to make yourself darker. Use some lotion to see if you're getting result and if it does go find a tanningbed.
If your skinnyass of just 148lbs (less then 70 kg) still has no definition you should definetely consider beefing up.

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 05:25:40 PM »
not to mention I wear sweats.

explain this?

Tightenup

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 10:54:17 AM »
No im pretty bulky... Im 5'6 weighing 148 lbs... lol... Mike: When we needed to cut weight for wrestling we would wear sweats to help take off the water weight.. and it makes the run more intense,, atleast to me... Rick

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 11:04:50 AM »
No im pretty bulky... Im 5'6 weighing 148 lbs... lol... Mike: When we needed to cut weight for wrestling we would wear sweats to help take off the water weight.. and it makes the run more intense,, atleast to me... Rick

That's fair, just as long as you understand that the weightloss is very temporary.

I usually workout better in the summer because I sweat more from the heat than from the actual workout, which, in-turn, helps fuel a better workout.  Its definetely more psychological but it really helps.

I see people at my gym running on the treadmill in these sweat suits and then telling me they're trying to lose weight.  I just hope they understand that the second they take a sip of water it all goes away.

Tightenup

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2007, 11:14:41 AM »
Yea Im aware, it was just to lose weight for wrestling quick so we would make weight.. but I think it makes the run harder... and I look like a badass doing it.. lol  Rick

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2007, 04:43:34 PM »
dude I'm trying really hard not to diss you but if you weigh 148 and cant see your abs then you cant have very much muscle.I understand making weight for wrestling and all.but the bottom line is the more muscle you have the more fat you burn.Me I'd pack on some quality muscle to help burn fat instead of running three miles which is probably eating more muscle than fat anyway.just my opinion though do what ya like.
DAWG

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2007, 07:39:43 PM »
tightenup: you need to contact a guy named gh15 for some advice   ;D