Author Topic: CHAZZ WEAVER:50 years old: ALL MCDONALDS!  (Read 36722 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
CHAZZ WEAVER:50 years old: ALL MCDONALDS!
« on: March 09, 2007, 08:53:20 PM »

He got to the meat of his argument
'Chazz' Weaver ate only fast food for 30 days, challenging assumptions about diet.
By BRIAN MARTINEZ
The Orange County Register
COSTA MESA – Charles "Chazz" Weaver on Friday completed his monthlong McDonald's-only experiment, claimed he lost 8 pounds in the project, and challenged the creator of the "Super Size Me" film to a public debate on obesity and fast food.
Weaver, 48, ate nothing but McDonald's fare for 30 consecutive days – every menu item at least once – to prove that staying thin is about calorie intake and exercise. His credentials are his fit body, 19 years of studying fitness as a hobby, and helping friends lose weight.
"I am not an advocate of fast food as a lifestyle, but neither do you have to be on a so- called diet," he said.
His strength and energy have not diminished and he hasn't had negative effects, he said.
"Not even a headache or a mood swing," he said.

Statistics detailing 30-day experiment
Weight: 222 pounds on Day 1 and 214 pounds on Day 30
Blood pressure: 111/78 on Day 1 and 121/81 on Day 30
Cholesterol: 208 at the start of the project; he will retest today and should have results on his Web site by Monday
The last meal: Friday, April 30, 4:30 p.m. Big Mac, Double Cheeseburger, 6-piece Chicken McNuggets, snack-size Fruit & Yogurt Parfait, medium Diet Coke – total calories: 1,550
Media interviews: 50-75, mostly for radio talk shows
Exercise: 25-30 minutes of cardio training and 50-60 minutes of strength training, six days a week
Verification: A witness was present to videotape meals.
Calories: Started at 3,500 daily calories but has fluctuated as high as 5,700. He warns that this amount is tailored for his body and exercise regimen and is not for a typical person. Before starting the challenge, he used protein shakes and bars but no other supplements.
Favorite item: McGriddle breakfast sandwich
Least favorite item: The ice cream
Seminar: Weaver will give a free fitness seminar and a report on his 30-day challenge today at Triangle Square, 1870 Harbor Blvd., Costa Mesa, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.

The Costa Mesa resident is fed up with Americans who don't take responsibility for being out of shape, fitness entrepreneurs who make a living on incomplete information, and overweight nutrition scholars who don't "walk the walk," he said. He hopes the project will inspire people to research fitness and help them lose weight.
He got the idea for his experiment after reading about and taking exception to the documentary, "Super Size Me," which records the deterioration of filmmaker Morgan Spurlock's health. Spurlock ate almost as many calories as Weaver, but his only exercise was walking the same amount of steps as the average American.
"I think its great that Chazz is attempting to stay fit," Spurlock said through a spokesman Friday. "The underlying theme in my film is to try to increase personal and corporate responsibility."
He declined to respond to Weaver's debate challenge.
At least five people have taken up experiments such as Weaver's, McDonald's spokesman Walt Riker said. He said the company has no connection with them or Weaver.
"There seems to be a grass- roots backlash against the outrageous misbehavior in Spurlock's film," Riker said. "Stuffing yourself and not exercising is irresponsible."

Weaver said he has spent about $13,000 of his own money on the project.
"I'm looking for the psychic benefit," he said. "Doing something good for people is really pleasurable."

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Re: CHAZZ WEAVER:50 years old: ALL MCDONALDS!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 08:54:09 PM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 08:58:26 PM »
Costa Mesa, CA (WFN) -- A Costa Mesa, California, man has just ended a 30-day "McDiet," just as healthy as he was when he started.

Chazz Weaver, an economist, took the challenge of eating only McDonalds' food for 30 days to refute Morgan Spurlock's documentary "Supersize Me" -- which shows the filmmaker packing on the fat after eating only at McDonald's.

Weaver lost six pounds of fat on his diet and did not lose any muscle mass or strength. He's still waiting for the results of his cholesterol test.

He thinks he had success on the McDiet because he maintained an exercise routine that burned the calories he ate, something he says Spurlock did not do.

Weaver says his results prove that Spurlock did the same thing he accused McDonalds of doing: using misinformation to profit off the public.

During the diet Weaver was asked what his first post- McDonalds meal would be, and, after thinking it over for a long time, on Saturday (May 1) he went to McDonalds for breakfast.

A documentary of his experience is in the works.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 09:01:06 PM »

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 09:03:12 PM »
This does not work for adding muscle.

It is useless.

Buttsuck

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 09:03:52 PM »
Doubters = pwned

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 09:11:18 PM »
Nice way to prove a fact. A calorie is a calorie, the source is up to you as long as you get enough carbs and some protein, you are set!

Chicken breast and rice every day? Sad...

BTW this guy downed between 3500 to 5700 calories per day in fast food. It's all about weekly average and energy expendure.

whitewidow

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007, 09:18:07 PM »
You suck! Boo!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2007, 09:19:05 PM »
Nice way to prove a fact. A calorie is a calorie, the source is up to you as long as you get enough carbs and some protein, you are set!

Chicken breast and rice every day? Sad...

BTW this guy downed between 3500 to 5700 calories per day in fast food. It's all about weekly average and energy expendure.

Exactly my friend.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2007, 09:26:26 PM »
This does not work for adding muscle.

It is useless.
amen

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2007, 09:28:32 PM »
amen

Completly wrong.

You can add muscle just as fast.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2007, 09:41:36 PM »
A calorie is a calorie in which sense:

1. Adding muscle or
2. Lowering fat.

Speak on this.

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2007, 09:45:30 PM »
I would never trust a guy named "Chazz" but otherwise I see no suprise with his outcome.  I was eating mcdonalds at least once a day for lunch on top of my regular lunch when I was working construction across the street. I'd buy at least 2 big macs sometimes 3 while I was trying to put on some weight cause believe me you burn alot outdoors.  All in all if you burn the calories you put in the outcome will remain the same and you will not gain fat.  It does affect blood pressure though (at least it did for me) but it wasn't an extreme case.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2007, 09:46:19 PM »
A calorie is a calorie in which sense:

1. Adding muscle or
2. Lowering fat.

Speak on this.

A calorie is a calorie in all sense.

1 Calorie=1 Calorie of any substance.

When it comes to food, you should not overeat even when trying to gain muscle.

In any normal diet, you will be adequately fueled nutrient wise to build muscle or lose fat.

You would have to try your HARDEST to not meet nutritional needs.  Its not feasible.

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2007, 09:48:50 PM »
conveniently waited for his cholesterol test until after the press release
its comin today

thisiskeith12

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2007, 09:50:48 PM »
Too bad people in today's world think that there are "magic diet pills" instead of a little hard work.

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2007, 09:54:22 PM »
wow thats pretty cool.... I didnt even know, right in my own back yard
-

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2007, 10:00:50 PM »
I guess this would definitely prove the convenience and economical aspects of your principles, Adonis.

You can't beat the dollar menu.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2007, 10:04:04 PM »
Good post. These bodybuilders who eat the same foods every day probably have developed food allergies to those foods. Not to mention boring ass lives. Every day...chicken and rice. Bah! Who wants to do that? Eating is one of life's great pleasures.

I'd like to see the results of this guy's cholesterol test though.
!

thisiskeith12

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2007, 10:05:56 PM »
TA, you should get this guy to post here so we can hear more about his philosophies

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2007, 10:09:30 PM »
Morgan Spurlock didn't exercise during his diet, that was kinda the odea, to be just like the average American, although, being a vegan before the fact definately didn't help his body any. I see no problem with eating fast food, hell, just had 30 White Castle sliders tonight, which...I was very happy about since we have no White Castles in Arkansas so a friend had driven up north, bought a boat load and was kind enough to pick up an order for me. Nothing wrong with fast food, being a lazy jackass seems like the problem.

The Heckler

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2007, 10:13:38 PM »
This is the thread of the week, perhaps the month.

The Great One Himself has been vindicated.

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2007, 10:15:37 PM »

Damn straight, I'm on a fast food high and foresee no ill effects. I'll be damned if he wasn't right.

Krusader

• Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2007, 10:20:26 PM »

This is indeed priceless..

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2007, 11:18:20 PM »
This fag trains at my gym, he didn't prove anything exept what we already new before, what he didn't tell you is that Spurlock was a vegan and putting that into his body would fuck anyone up...DUH!!

It also tells you that when your body is clean and you introduce processed foods, that will also fuck up your body. Congrats Adam, your diet principals and full of pollution!